W New Orleans - French Quarter
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Bienville House(New Orleans)
Hotel Monteleone(New Orleans)
  • Restaurant
Hotel St. Helene(New Orleans)
  • Pool
Hotel Le Marais(New Orleans)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
Hotel Mazarin(New Orleans)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
La Galerie Hotel(New Orleans)
  • Restaurant
1,089 results
All reviewsfront deskfrench quarterfabulous roomchartres streetbottle of champagnebeautiful courtyardboutique hotelsmall poolquiet streetjackson squareearly checkthe location is perfectbourbon stsouthern hospitalityfew blocksmardi grasquentin
Reviewed November 15, 2013

The location is great...smack dap in the French Quarter, right down from K Pauls. Very clean and staffed extremely well. Bed was nice, shower clean but the towels were below average. Due to the close proximity of everything in the room it would hard to stay comfortably with more than one person in the room. Bar atmosphere is OK, restaurant's menu is strange.

Room Tip: Try to get the courtyard view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Hello PBC7,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you were able to find some great places to visit and things to do in the French Quarter. We hope to see you again upon your return to New Orleans.
All the best,

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed there over Halloween weekend. The hotel is very convenient to the French Quarter. Everything is within walking distance. This was our first stay at a W hotel, and we were pleased. The room decor was like a modern art painting. The bathroom had a bowl sink. That said, the bathroom offers no privacy, and only has a shower. The room has a safe. Noise travels well down the hallway. Several times during the night I was awakened by slamming doors.Parking is valet only. The court yard is very nice, and they have a heated pool. Housekeeping did a poor job of making up the room after the first night. NO washcloths, bath mat, shampoo, conditioner, or coffee. I complained and it was rectified - the front desk person even rounded up coffee, cups, shampoo, conditioner, etc for me on the spot. We used the minibar as a fridge, and there was a charge on the bill. I complained, they took it off. We had no issues with any of the staff. They were very accommodating. The restaurant, SoBou, is very good. They specialize in small bite plates and drinks. The food was excellent and so were the wine and cocktails. We were very pleased with our stay there (4 nights), and would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2013

1. At check-in, hotel did not have a room available that met the reservation specifications. Specifically, no king beds available and no 'city view' available.
2. To remedy #1 above, staff said they would move us the next day to an appropriate room. We returned at 4:00 pm and the move had yet to be accomplished. We were late to an event because it took them another 90 minutes to move our stuff from room 219 to 209 (i.e. down the hall).
3. The new room still did not have a 'city view'.
4. Housecleaning never cleaned the new room on Monday. We left used towels on the ground so house cleaning would replace them. Had to pick them back up off the ground to use after showering the next morning.
5. At check-out, the hotel had a cab waiting as they said they would. But, then we sat in the cab for another 20 minutes waiting for another hotel guest that also needed a cab to the airport so it was determined we would share a cab.
Would never recommend this hotel because the hotel was very understaffed and left us feeling abandoned, neglected, and used. We saw the service at nearby hotels and saw that other hotels had excellent service for our friends. The W in the French Quarter leaves you feeling like a ripped off tourist.

One last note, at one point I was standing just outside the hotel front door on the sidewalk with my wife. We were deciding how we would go to Frenchmen's St...pedi-cab, taxi, walk, etc. Suddenly a bum started pushing us and telling us to 'get away, get out of here, etc'. We figured one of the crazy, high, street people was wigging out. We shuffled away a little rattled. We looked back and realized he was the driver for an older model Rolls Royce parked in front of the hotel...and we guessed he thought we were standing on the sidewalk too close to his master's car. That incident is not specifically the hotel's fault. But, then again, there was no one present at all from the hotel...and that's *immediately* in front of the entrance. No greeter or anything. Someone should be managing that space...it seriously could have been a fist fight. Again, felt abandoned by the hotel. It was Motel 6 level service the whole time.

Stayed at well run Ws in Seattle and San Francisco. The French Quarter one was awful. Also, the decor is already turned shabby...and not shabby-chic....just shabby. Dirty floors and elevators. Chipped edges on design elements, etc.

Room Tip: level 2 has some rooms where people in the public space can look through the shutters directly into your room (ex. 219)
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Corbin B,
Please accept my apology for the problems your encountered during your recent stay at W French Quarter. I assure you we are capable of providing much better quality of service. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I will relay your comments and concerns to my team and see that we improve in the areas of concern.
All the best,

Reviewed November 10, 2013

There are two W hotels in NOLA and there is one massive difference between the two and that is the attitude and personality of the front desk staff.

I had to wait until 4pm to be able to check in to my room despite arriving at 1pm and making a note on my booking that I would like to check in around 1-2pm. While waiting in the bar I noticed many other people checking straight into their rooms. I had to ask three times before finally the night manager (yes, by the time I got to check in the shift had changed) changed my room assignment.

The rooms are great and the valet staff and bartenders were great which are the positives.

After checking out and closing my bill, which in itself was a battle to get charges that I was not liable for removed, I was emailed a further receipt with fictitious minibar charges (there is a convenience store, liquor store etc. in easy walking distance of the hotel so there is no incentive to even use the minibar). Upon calling the hotel I was fobbed off by the rudest woman I've ever dealt with at a hotel. Any hotel. Ever.

The rooms and common areas at this hotel may well be lovely, but in my opinion it is not worth it compared to the superior facilities and customer service at the sister W New Orleans a few blocks away. Unless you like watching your room charges like a cat stalking a mouse and being abused by a phone jockey with a chip on her shoulder.

Or maybe you're a masochist, if you are a masochist, this is the perfect hotel for you.

Room Tip: Don't breathe on the minibar.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lee I

Hello Lee I,
I'm sorry to hear that you experienced some difficulties while staying with us at W French Quarter. Please accept my sincere apology. If you would like to email me at wfqcservice@whotels.com and provide me with more details of your stay, I will be happy to help in any way I can. Thank you for your feedback and again, I apologize for your inconveniences.
Warm regards,

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I am staying here now for my third night and have had a completely different experience than other reviewers. For $400 per night, the service has been poor and despite complaints, not getting better.
First, Room not ready on arrival, so we checked luggage and went out. Returning four hours later, room was ready but no luggage. Even after calling front desk,it took 30 minutes to arrive. Second, one robe in closet and three bath towels for two people. I asked for another robe, still waiting two days later. Third, no light bulb in reading lamp next to bed. Asked for one yesterday. Still waiting. I will call again. Fourth, minibar had two bottles of beer, both previously opened and filled with water, with screw tops replaced. Found this out after opening one. Pretty disgusting. Called front desk two days ago to complain and get them replaced with actual beverages, and nothing done. Finally took the bottles to front desk this morning myself. Returned this evening and one beer in fridge. I assume it is a real, unused bottle but not sure I want to find out. And, wifi is $15 a day.
Staff is great at apologizing and then doing nothing. If you think this is a $400 per night hotel, stay here. It is a great location.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Hsclax5

Hello Hsclax5,
I'm sorry to hear that you experience some difficulties while staying with us at W French Quarter. If you wouldn't mind emailing us at wfqcservice@whotels.com and letting me know the number of the room you stayed in, I will inspect the room for improvements and to address the concerns you listed. I apologize for any inconvenience during your stay.
Warm regards,