“Super location, lovely courtyard”

W New Orleans - French Quarter
Ranked #68 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Easily my best experience in a W hotel thus far. I stayed for an extended weekend in September and it was easily one of the best weekend trips of my life. I used some suite upgrades to upgrade to the Mega Room, which was well appointed and certainly spacious. One particular touch that I couldn't get over was the record player with jazz music ready to go. The record had seen some better days, but it was an excellent touch.

The pool is 24 hours which is incredible. Soaking after a long night in New Orleans was exactly what I needed. We used the pool extensively through our stay, and the covered seating options were almost too comfortable, the waitstaff was very pleasant and eager to offer food and cocktail suggestions that didn't miss the mark. On a hungover Sunday, we lounged in the courtyard, covered by shade and a cool breeze while dozing off to a selection of music that could not have been more perfectly tailored to our tastes. I remarked that I am probably just a bit too similar to the exact folks this hotel chain caters themselves towards...

Other reviews here talk about the noise of the hotel. It is true, it can be rather noisy. I personally am rarely bothered by noise and it didn't detract whatsoever from my experience. This is New Orleans, the buildings are old, frankly I would not expect a ton of peace and quiet in the French Quarter. And on that note -- you can't beat this location.

3  Thank Clifton L
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Hello Clifton L,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans. I'm so happy to hear you had a wonderful stay! Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review and tell us about your stay last month. It sounds like you had a great visit to the big easy! I'm looking forward to sharing your review with the rest of the staff, and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to W French Quarter very soon.
James Wroblewski

Write a ReviewReviews (1,053)

Reviewed October 8, 2013

This hotel is in the perfect location!! Right in the heart of the French quarter, with easy access to Bourbon St, or the waterfront in just a short walk. Plenty of great shops and restaurants right around the block as well.

The indoor courtyard is great to relax in as well.

We didn't get a chance to go to the restaurant, but it was constantly packed, SoBou. We will definitely try it next time we go back.

The rooms were very nice. The staff was extremely helpful and always willing to give local advice. Two in particular Quentin and Lan were great during our whole stay

The next time we return to New Orleans, we will definitely be staying at the W in the French Quarter

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a courtyard view, preferably with a deck/patio
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Andy P

Hello Andy P,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans! I'm happy to hear you had a great stay. Thank you for your wonderful review of W French Quarter. I will pass along your comments to all of our staff and talent. They will be so pleased to hear of your high praises. I hope you enjoyed your stay and we will see you again soon. SoBou should definitely be high on your list for your return visit!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed at this lovely hotel and I just wanted to comment on the excellent customer service we received from the front desk. Especially DeShawn Spady. She did everything she can during my stay to make sure I was having a great stay at the hotel. She went above and beyond with her duties, even scheduled tours and made sure my friends and I were well taken care of during our stay. I've never had such great service at a hotel before. Michael, the general manager was also very hospitable. I felt very welcomed and comfortable there. Beautiful hotel and perfect are, right in the middle of the french quarter with walking distance to Jackson Square.

Room Tip: Very close to Jackson Square and great location
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Hello rita h,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans! I'm happy to hear how pleased your were with your stay. Thank you for your kind comments about our staff! I'm so happy to hear how helpful they were towards making your stay enjoyable. I will pass along your kind comments to them. I'm sure they will be so grateful of your praises. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon at W French Quarter!

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

This W has a great French Quarter location. Rooms are on the large side and well appointed. Great bar and bar staff. Be Aware: they start blaring music in the courtyard at 645 am every morning. This, along with staff cleaning the area while yelling out to each other makes it nearly impossible to sleep in after a typical fun night in NO, especially if you have a courtyard facing room. These rooms are great, with balconies and patio's, but you will literally be "facing the music" every morning. The music appears to be for the enjoyment of the staff, as there is no one at the pool or in the courtyard until several hours later.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Hello Marystanforddc,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We appreciate it and I will pass along your comments to the rest of our staff. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in the city. We hope to see you again upon your return to New Orleans.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have to blag 200 characters here but I just only need to mention "awesome". Great service, fantastic location, recognition of your membership status, a little pricey for relative small rooms but you take that. Did not manage to try the restaurant but will sure be doing that next time. The courtyard with heated pool is very nice to relax.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Hello Nicke07,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans! I'm so happy you had an awesome stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor and giving us such high praises. We love hearing from our guests and I'm happy to hear when we leave a lasting positive impression. We look forward to seeing you again upon your return to W French Quarter!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

It was my honey’s birthday and I wanted to do something fun for him. So we took a trip to the Big Easy. There are a ton of places to stay in New Orleans but there’s nowhere like the French Quarter. Just add the style of the W + Southern Hospitality + An Awesome Staff = A Fantastic Stay. The other reviews on Trip Advisor that I read were very mixed and many commenting on the thin walls and the noise from the pool area. I cant say we had the same experience. The hotel was sold out so I was expecting to hear a lot of noise but I didn’t really hear anything. We had a room with a balcony so we were facing the pool but again the noise was kept to a minimum. When we checked-in there was a bottle of champagne and pastries with a card saying happy birthday to my honey. We also had a chance to indulge in the Acura Experience which was really nice and saved on cab fare. Daniel drove us to a few places in the Acura and he was great. He was a safe driver and made some great recommendations on where to eat and sports bars to go to (my honey had to see the Texas & Alabama game). Daniel recommended and made reservations for us at The Pelican Club and I’m so glad he did. The food was great. The best cooked oysters I’ve ever had. The best part of our stay was the Good Samaritan who returned my wallet to the front desk. Sunday morning when we got our wake-up call I was informed that my wallet had been found by the pool and was returned by one of the guest. Undoubtedly you can find a cheaper place to stay in the French Quarter or anywhere in New Orleans for that matter but I cant say what time of service you will receive. The W French Quarter has lived up to the level of service I have come to expect from the W. Thank you for making our stay wonderful and my honey’s birthday memorable.

Hello SDot313,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans! I'm so happy to hear of your great experience with us. We love going above and beyond for all of our guests and I love hearing when we've left a lasting, positive impression. I will pass along your kind comments to Daniel and the rest of our staff. They will be so appreciative of your high praises. It sounds like you both had a great time in the Big Easy! We look forward to welcoming you back to W French Quarter upon your return to New Orleans!!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed overnight at the W French Quarter as part of a group of 8 people. Hotel is very well located, only about a 5-10 minute walk to Bourbon Street. The outside of the hotel is misleading. It looks like a very small hotel from the street but once you're inside, you discover it's much larger. Check-in process went well with enthusiastic staff. Concierge was also very helpful. Lobby also had the usual W comforts such as lemon water and free wi-fi available. Room was well appointed and very clean. Decor was typical W 'funkyness'. The very dark color scheme in the hallways made it feel a bit clausterphobic. Bathroom rather dark but very good back lighting from the mirror, shower pressure excellent. Bed was very comfortable, no issues with noise from neighbours or hallway.

Suggest first time travellers to New Orleans do their research on Bourbon Street before heading out after dark. Had expected more jazz bars and cafes instead of grunge bars and strip clubs. Some interesting characters after hours so be mindful of your surroundings. During the day, head down to other parts of the French Quarter near the harbor - good experience and lots to see and do.

Overall would recommend the W - great experience and consistent product.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank YYZtotheworld
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Hello YYZtotheworld,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for your review of our property. I'm glad to hear your stay was enjoyable and you liked the property and our staff. I hope you were able to find some great places around the French Quarter. You're right - there's so much to see and do! We hope to see you again upon your return to New Orleans!