“Absolutely wonderful”

W New Orleans - French Quarter
Ranked #63 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed August 2, 2013

The lobby has been remodeled since our visit adding a bar & a restaurant. This hotel has extremely friendly & helpful staff. The lobby bar was hopping at 3 pm. Lots of activity. The pool & patio area is very nice (weather permitting). Funky decor but very nice. Our room was a junior suite and was larger than our standard room last year. Location! Location! Location! It doesn't get any better! Two blocks off of Bourbon so you are in the heart of the French Quarter without the raucous atmosphere at 2:00 am. It's still close enough to stagger home! This may be the best hotel in the Quarter!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Hello rhpatt29,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your trip to the city and your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor. We appreciate and value your kind comments about our staff and property. I hope you were able to find some great places to visit nearby; we truly are in the heart of the French Quarter! We hope to see you again upon your return to the Big Easy!
James Wroblewski

Write a ReviewReviews (1,030)

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Loved the W Hotel last week. Feels like you're in a European city staying there. Nice courtyard and small pool. Front desk and concierge are most attentive and helpful. Always with a smile, helping with suggestions for restaurants and tours. Drivers of the Acura, Daniel and Quentin, couldn't have been nicer. Great amenity having the car available to drive you to your destination within the city. Room was spacious and very comfortable. Breakfast at SoBU was delicious. Bar was great with bartenders who offered tastes and were so friendly. Overall a great place!

Room Tip: Don't take a room by the pool, unless you don't mind the noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LindaDL

Hello LindaDL,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans. I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We love going above and beyond for our guests and I'm happy to hear that does not go unnoticed. Thank you for you kind comments about our staff. I will be sure to pass along your praises to Daniel and Quentin. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

As you would expect of a W this is a pretty quirky hotel, lots of yellow, black and white with weird patterns. However it is in a great location, has superb service, and a lovely courtyard and pool, perfect for relaxing after a long day. Their restaurant is excellent as well. A nice feature was being able to request the Acura to drive you anywhere within 5 miles for free. We used it several times. Staci the concierge is terrific. My only complaint is that our room was not very well kept up and when I pointed it out it still wasn't fixed. The rooms are on the verge of needing an update. Also, the W is in a traditional NOLA building which means it is both charming but doesn't have very large windows so can be kind of dark. Lots of the rooms have private patios, which is nice. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
whotelsnola, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Hello andysoda -

Thank you for choosing W French Quarter and for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with the travelers on TripAdvisor. I'm glad that you enjoyed the property and your meal at SoBou as well as took advantage of the Acura while you were there. I'll be sure to pass along the compliment to Staci. Please accept my apologies for the issues you faced with your guestroom though and for the lack of response that you received. If you would email your room number to wfqcservice@whotels.com, I'd like to follow up on your comments to see if the situation has been resolved. We appreciate the recommendation to stay at our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Traveled to New Orleans with a group of girlfriends and loved the W French Quarter! Very stylish and located in walking distance to Bourbon St, Frenchmen St, and Cafe Du Monde. The pool area was small but very relaxing and awesome daybeds for lounging with mirrors overhead to make for great pictures! The restaurant and lounge was amazing, too.
Only downside... The cool, stylish bathroom in the room had frosted glass, so the early risers in the group woke everyone else up to turn on the bathroom light...
Otherwise, perfection!

• Stayed: July 2013
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Hello FIStines,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans. I am happy to hear that you and your girlfriends enjoyed your stay with us! I hope you were able to visit some great places throughout the city while you were in town. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our restaurant, SoBou, as well. We hope you will choose to stay with us again upon your next trip to the Big Easy!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

What an amazing experience in the heart of New Orleans, just off Bourbon Street but close enough to really enjoy. The cosmo feel that the rooms provided, with unique decor was simply a great feel to the stay. Of course the ride to my business meeting by provided by Daniel was a great touch to the trip. Also, let me commend the great service provided by Jermaine at the front desk during the evenings...he was very knowledgeable of the area and provided great customer service. I will definitely return to this hotel when my travels bring me to New Orleans.

Room Tip: Enjoyed my room that overlooked the streets of the French Quarters but I think the rooms overlooking...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Hello LBS L,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans. I am so happy to hear you had a great time. I will tell Daniel and Jermaine of your praises; they will be delighted to be paid the compliments. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your business trip and that you were able to enjoy some great places throughout the city. We look forward to having you return.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I've been staying at the W New Orleans QUARTER for years. The makeover makes it even better.
My sincere thanks to: Ms. Staci at the welcome desk, she is always on her A game. Her bubbly personality, local wisdom and good heart makes my stay complete. She consistently been 'the face' of W Charters for as long as I can remember.
Also, Quentin and Daniel go above and beyond to get me where I need to go...I love the 'free' car service. Don't forget to 'tip' your drivers:). Finally, only in New Orleans...I was running late at a meeting and had to get to my hotel, pack and get to the airport...I missed my lunch and asked, just asked how I could get some delicious jambalaya to go. Well, I couldn't pull it off and then Elijah runs to my cab with Coops jambalaya bagged to go. OMG. Very cool, A for effort and A plus for top notch service. Jazz fest would not be the same if I stayed somewhere else. Thank you! No one can beat the boutique style and key location...20 year of going to the fest...I guarantee. katie

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Hello Kt h,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans. I'm so happy to hear how much you enjoy staying with us. We love going above and beyond for all of our guests, and I'm always glad to hear that we've left such a positive lasting impression. I will pass along your very kind comments to Staci, Quentin, Daniel and Elijah. They will be so pleased to hear of the compliments you paid them. I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay during Jazz Fest this year, and we can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

This was my first time to New Orleans, visited during the Essence Music Festival. Thoroughly enjoyed this quaint boutique hotel and will always stay here when I return yearly. First class service from check in with Jermaine and his cold cocktail to the use of the courtesy car and the young man who drove us to the superdome every night, sorry I forget his name but such a lovely young man. They made you feel at home and the location was perfect. Walked to royal street to buy water at Walgreens and so many restaurants nearby. If it wasn't for recent knee surgery could have walked easily to many places and many good restaurants nearby. Sobu restaurant had great food and there was a restaurant across the street that served great breakfast. Loved the vibe of this hotel, extremely clean and the staff could not do enough for you. Will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Room facing pool was great
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Hello Reenie48,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent trip to New Orleans. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us during Essence Festival this year. I'm very grateful of your kind comments about our staff. We love going above and beyond for all of our guests and are happy to hear when those efforts stand out. I will pass along your praise to Jermaine and our valet guys. We look forward to seeing you again upon your return to New Orleans, and thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent review for us on TripAdvisor.