W New Orleans - French Quarter
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Bienville House(New Orleans)
Hotel Monteleone(New Orleans)
  • Restaurant
Hotel St. Helene(New Orleans)
  • Pool
Hotel Le Marais(New Orleans)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
Hotel Mazarin(New Orleans)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
La Galerie Hotel(New Orleans)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
1,089 results
All reviewsfront deskfrench quarterfabulous roomchartres streetbottle of champagnebeautiful courtyardboutique hotelsmall poolquiet streetjackson squareearly checkthe location is perfectbourbon stsouthern hospitalityfew blocksmardi grasquentin
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We cannot say enough....the hotel and our stay were amazing....the only problem we had is we wished we had planned to stay longer. Service, location and everything was perfect. Surprisingly easy parking and in and out (that part was not cheap but to be expected)....everything about this place made our trip easy and enjoyable.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Hello julie a,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We always aim to provide an excellent experience for all of our guests and I'm glad to hear your praise for our property and staff. We sincerely hope you will return very soon and will be able to stay with us longer.

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Not on crazy Bourbon Street but in the quarter. Just the right size. Staff is great. Good new restaurant and rooms renovated. Get in the carriage house. I always stay here. Several rooms have patios and hot tubs.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank DaveKapolei_Hawaii
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Hello DaveKapolei_Hawaii,
Thank you for choosing w French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans. I'm glad to hear that you were please with you stay and like our newly renovated property. We love hearing from our loyal return guests. Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
All the best,

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We just returned from the W hotel in the French quarter and could not be more pleased with everything the hotel offered to make it a wonderful experience. Stacy went out of her way to make our vacation one to remember. The hotel has always been my favorite but recently underwent a complete make-over to make our stay even more luxurious. I prefer the boutique feel that the Chartres location offers and enjoy being near the heartbeat of the music, food and fun that the quarter offers. As always, I love the bliss products, comfortable bedding, whatever, whenever service but this W is the bomb!!! Don't delay book today and let the good times roll!

2  Thank Moorebeachgal

Hello Moorebeachgal,
Thank you for choosing the W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans. I am so glad to hear that you were pleased with your stay. I will pass along your kind comments to Stacy. I am happy to hear you like our recent renovations and hope you will return to stay with us again very soon. We love to provide all of our guests with quality service and a wonderful experience, and I enjoy hearing when we've made a lasting positive impression. We hope to see you again soon during your next visit!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was a gem to find in a superb location in the French quarter. Very personalized service, super helpful staff a few blocks from the crazy action of Bourbon Street. (I would not recommend staying too close to Bourbon street unless you are 25, or have no sense of smell. :) This hotel has a nice courtyard to relax in with an outdoor pool to cool off with as it is HOT in the summer. Stacy and Germaine ,the concierges, were a wealth of information and great to talk to. Be sure to ask for suggestions as they have some great recommendations!

Room Tip: We had a balcony which was really nice but a bit warm for this time of year. Looks over the courtyard.
1  Thank Leah M

Hello LeahM2222,
Thank you for choosing the W French Quarter during your recent trip and for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate your kind comments about all of our staff, and I will be sure to pass along your praise to Stacy and Germaine. We love going above and beyond for all our guests and hope to leave them with a positive lasting impression. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon upon your next trip to the city.
All the best,

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was my 10th trip to the Crescent City. Most of my previous trips, I stayed at the W New Orleans on Poydras Street. I had always steered clear of the French Quarter location because I expected too much of the Bourbon Street party vibe (and smell) to spill over into my hotel experience. Upon my recent stay here, however, I now realize that this was far from the case!

First, the location is great. No, it's awesome! Everything in the French Quarter is within walking distance. We even ventured by foot past Canal Street and into the CBD. You literally are close to everything. Yet, it's just far enough from Bourbon Street (2 blocks) to escape its sights, sounds, and smells when we teetered to our room in the wee hours of the morning.

This location is what you would expect from The W--modern, but with a traditional New Orleans feel. Many rooms feature the balconies that are associated with The French Quarter. Our room had the swing-out casement windows that let us observe all the sights and passersby on Chartres Street. Beware: These windows don't have screens and if you leave them open while the room is unattended, you will have several flying, or crawling, visitors upon your return. You've been warned.

The rooms are way more spacious than the Poydras Street location as well. The beds were well dressed and really comfortable---the perfect combination of soft and firm. The lighting was more than adequate. Maybe they worked a little too well because we both remarked on our own previously un-noticed flaws under these fluorescent lights. I don't want those lights at home! All room lighting is controlled by a wall switch, of course. But, they are also controlled by another switch located at your bedside. I DO want this at home!

The rooms do not feature a microwave. This is such a shame because I felt the need to reheat leftovers in the middle of the night. Not a problem, though, thanks to The W's Whatever/Whenever service. Just one call to the front desk and voilà, a microwave was wheeled right up to our room! Cool!

I visited the Sweat Fitness Center during my stay, as well. The room was equipped with modern cardio machines and free weights. There were even mats and adequate space to do floor exercises. Water and entertainment is provided. Overall, a great place to work out on vacation.
The pool site was more than adequate, as well. Again, it's a nice mixture of traditional courtyard + modern W hotel amenities. Too bad it rained for much of our stay.

The only minor qualm I had with this location was with the housekeeping staff. They attempted to enter our room during the mid-morning on our first night's stay. We told them to come back and they agreed. An informational brochure located in the room mentioned that the staff "redesigns" our rooms between the hours of 9am-6pm. However, when we returned to our room later that evening, it had not been cleaned (or redesigned). We did not have that problem for the remaining days of our stay, but we often found that we were missing things that are normally replaced by the housekeeping staff. (Toilet paper, bath mats, clean towels and washcloths, etc.) Again, the Whatever/Whenever service promptly made up for any shortcomings of the housekeeping staff. I must point out that we visited during Essence Music Festival and I do realize this is a very busy time for New Orleans.

Overall, the stay was great and I'd definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and colleagues. If you have time, try SoBou, the hotel tapas restaurant. The plates run on the small side (duh, tapas), but it has a nice ambiance and friendly staff, who took time to converse with me while I waited for check-in. Oh, if you're lucky enough to arrive there on a Monday-Friday between 11:30 a.m-3pm, you must try the Two Bit Cocktails! You do realize that Two Bits=25¢, right? Limt 3, because that's enough. It actually says that on the menu!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ngphilpot

Hello ngphilpot.
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans. I am so happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We tremendously appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review for us! I am glad that our Whatever/Whenever service was able to promptly attend to your needs. We always try to go above and beyond for all of our guests, and I am glad to hear that that does not go unnoticed. I'm pleased to hear of the many things you enjoyed while staying at our hotel - I wish the weather had been better for you to enjoy the pool and courtyard more! I sincerely hope you will be returning to W French Quarter in the very near future. We look forward to welcoming you back.