“Great Location. Decent sized rooms.”

W New Orleans - French Quarter
Ranked #60 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
Grenada
“Great Location. Decent sized rooms.”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Location was great, in the French Quarter, but not too noisy or busy.

Room (Mega) was fairly large with a reasonably sized sitting area. Room was clean on arrival and was cleaned every day.

Room service was timely, and the meal was good; especially the gumbo.

We ate dinner at SoBou one night. Food was good, service was good as well. At the time the restaurant was not very noisy, perfect for an intimate dinner.

The concierge was helpful and pleasant.

Only small complaint that the record player in the room did not work; but we were never in the room, so it was not really missed and I never reported it as not working.

I consider this to be a perfect place to stay in New Orleans/French Quarter and would be staying there again if I ever return to New Orleans.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Hello AsheleB,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay. Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your positive feedback, and I will make sure to share it with our staff. We hope to see you again upon your return to the city.
James Wroblewski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My first time in New Orleans I stayed at this hotel. I loved this hotel from the beginning. The front desk was very friendly as well as the front desk manager. Our room was nice and bright. The bathroom was a bit small but the shower in it will make up for the lack of size. We enjoyed the whole stay, but I must say that the best part of our stay was the encounter we had with the men in valet. They were fast and friendly. Unfortunately we forgot his name but he was an ex marine, also I highly recommend their restaurant it's up there with the best of the new orleans creole cooking. The hotel is great, the food it out of the world, and the city is great.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Rose_Travel_envy,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your trip to New Orleans last December. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your kind compliments about our staff. I will pass along your comments to them. We always aim to go above and beyond for all of our guests and I am so glad to hear that does not go unnoticed. We look forward to seeing you again upon your return to the city.
NY
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I love the W properties and have stayed in many of them in different cities. I have been to this hotel 5 times over the last several years. The location is perfect. Walking distance to most things but yet quiet at night. This hotel has a warm groovy vibe to it. Being a smaller boutique hotel they get to know you by name. The service has never changed in all these years - its consistent each time I visit. You can see they enjoy their jobs and want you to have a nice stay. The staff is wonderful. They cannot do enough for you from the front desk to housekeeping. They have flavored water at the reception area. They will try to accommodate any request if they can. They will even print your boarding passes and offer Acura service which is a complimentary car service where they will take you anywhere within 5 miles if you reserve it. The staff is happy all the time. I was upgraded to a balcony due to my platinum Starwood status and booked my rooms using points. Ariel at the front desk was a pleasure to meet. She aimed to please which didn't go unnoticed. She was very helpful during my stay. The W beds offer a comfortable nights sleep. You almost don't want to leave the room!! Its so relaxing there. You get the sink side six in the room which is hair products, shower gel, soap. All their signature products. Everything smells so nice at the hotel. The new renovations now include a new restaurant and a gym. In the gym there are little bottles of complimentary water, apples and wet naps individually wrapped. At the pool there are big towels, loungers and complimentary apples. There are so many little touches which makes this hotel really a special place. I won't stay anywhere else when visiting. There is a Walgreens right up the street. Overall its a great city with lots to offer right at your fingertips. Even though I visit often I see different things in addition to my favorites. We ate our way through this whole town. Commanders Palace, Dickie Brennans, Acme Oyster House, Camelia Grill, RW Fins, Bayou and Café Dumonde are some of my favorites. There is so much history in this town. Be sure to see St. Louis Cathedral, Bourbon Street, Frenchman Street, The Riverwalk, St Louis Cemetary , Armstrong Park, The French Market, The revolving bar in the Monteleone, The Garden district and listen to lots of great music. The Airboat tour is also a lot of fun. We saw lots of alligators. There is something for everyone - my biggest disappointment was having to leave . . . . . . . oh and the 10lbs I gained eating at all those wonderful places.

Room Tip: I have never had a bad room but the rooms facing the courtyard are more peaceful. If you have a bal...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Pitch26,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent trip to the city. I am so happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay. We really appreciate your kind compliments and your wonderful review of our property on TripAdvisor. I will pass along your kind comments to all of our staff. We love going above and beyond to meet the needs of all of our guests, and it's so great to hear that our attention to detail does not go unnoticed. Thank you again for choosing W French Quarter and we cannot wait to see you again upon your return to the city.
Seattle
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I had always wanted to stay in the Quarter, so when I was able to squeeze out 2 nights after a business trip, I booked at the W. The valet saved my life that weekend, helping me find my lost debit card in my car. The concierge was equally helpful, getting me old-school driving directions, as I had also lost my phone - all before even getting to NOLA!

The room was perfect, and the view of the pool/courtyard was very nice. I liked that I could open the window a bit and hear the sounds of the area. Great location, wish I had been able to stay longer!

Room Tip: Room was small, but not uncomfortably so; plus, who stays in the room?
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hello Jason W,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I'm glad to hear that our valet and concierge were able to be so helpful. We always aim to go above and beyond for our guests and love that our attention to detail does not go unnoticed. Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us on TripAdvisor; we appreciate all of your feedback. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip to New Orleans and we hope to see you again soon.
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I love this hotel! It's modern, chic and comfortable, and in a great location. Everyone who works at this hotel is awesome. Staci in concierge, helped me with dining and all activities. I was traveling alone for business and I squeezed this trip in at the end. Elijah and Jermaine offered helpful advice as well. The happy hour in the bar is good, too. The room was small (to be expected in the city) but very, very comfortable. My room overlooked the courtyard. I loved the ambient lighting all around the hotel. Highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Hello conniefm,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to the city. I'm so happy to hear you were so pleased with your stay. Stacy, Elijah and Jermaine will be glad to hear of the kind comments you paid them. I hope we were able to provide you with some great suggestions for things to do and places to eat during your stay. Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor. We hope to see you again soon upon your return to New Orleans!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Super hotel on a quiet (for the French Quarter) street, but close enough to the CBD to allow for business. We love the courtyard/pool area. Staff is terrific. Great restaurant and room service (It consistently surprises me in the foodie town how mediocre the room service is in the hotels, so this is a big plus for me). Rooms are funky, but comfortable and larger than typical W properties. The overall hotel is smaller than the average W, so the staff get to know you and the level of service is great. And the property is dog friendly which is a big plus for us...our pup has become a bit of the rock star at this hotel (I'm there quite a bit)...he loves the attention.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hello MarkHolstein,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We very much appreciate all of your kind comments and I will be sure to share them with the rest of our staff. We love going above and beyond to meet the needs of all of our guests and leave them with a positive lasting impression. Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review for us on TripAdvisor. We look forward to seeing you again upon your next trip to the city.
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Quatin, Elijah and Alexandria(Alex) are exceptional!!! Excellent customer service. They provided great recommendations for restaurants outside of the French Quarters. Great car service provided by the hotel(must book in advance and they will provide care service within a 5 mile radius of the hotel). The fitness center very small(only two treadmills). However, will get the job done. Overall, wonderful hotel and staff.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor are perfect. Convenient to the fitness center and garden/ pool.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Hello manyhats1369,
Thank you for choosing W New Orleans - French Quarter during your recent visit. I am so happy to hear that you were please with the quality of customer service you received during your stay. I will be sure to tell Quatin, Elijah and Alex of your kind comments. We are thrilled to hear that we've left our guests with a positive lasting impression. Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor, and we hope to see you again soon!
All the best,