“Great Hotel and Good Courteous Service”

W New Orleans - French Quarter
Ranked #63 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stayed there over the Easter Weekend and Hotel is in a Great Location and within walking distance to almost everything. Very courteous service and A excellent Concierge !! Will go back next time!! 5 min walk to Café Du Monde and Hop Off On Stop. Right next to Bouboun Street.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Hello sunilm600 -

Thank you for staying at W French Quarter and for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to hear that you had such a nice stay at our property. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to New Orleans!

James Wroblewski

Write a ReviewReviews (1,030)

Reviewed April 6, 2013

i must say, i had the worst stay ever in new orleans and thanks to W French Quarter. I called prior to arriving to the hotel and asked for an upgrade, the nice lady at the desk said no problem. I got to the hotel and checked in, everything went flawless until i got to my room. I must say...I have shoe boxes larger than this room. I called down and i believe i spoke with a new lady who passed me to her manager. i explained that i had phoned and was expecting an upgrade and i got this tiny room I wanted to move as i was celebrating a special night with my lady. He rudely said that he could not move me and suggested a room at the other W!! Boy was i upset at that responce. I chose the French Quarter because of it's location and the online reviews about the staff. He made me feel less than a valued guest!!! He did offer a room move which eventually i accepted only to get to the room and it was smaller than the first.went back and spoke to the manager and this time i was livid!!! He could not even apologize for placing me in a room that was small and when i looked out the window, i saw a wall. he said that he was new and not familiar with the hotel. What does that have to do with me. it wasnt my fault that he did not get the proper training before being hired. For my 400.00 a night, i wanted a nice room and to relax. He made this a miserable trip for me and my lady!!!!! Thanks W Management for ruining my trip!!!!!

Room Tip: dont ask for an upgrade, you will be disappointed

Hello dorothyf643 -

I'm so sorry to hear about your negative experience at our hotel and for dampening such a special occasion for you. I assure you that's not the level of service we're capable of providing as you are an important guest to us. We have several different room types at the property that might suit you better. I apologize that we were unable to find one during your stay as it's most likely that they were occupied at the time. Please accept my apologies for your experience. We'd love the chance to make things right and show you the experience you deserve the next time you're in New Orleans. If there's anything that we can do for you in the meantime, please let us know at wfqcservice@whotels.com.

All the best,

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed in four hotels while in New Orleans, and, unfortunately, this was probably the worst. Check-in took way too long and the front desk clerk gave me incorrect information. I was upgraded to a suite; however, the separate sitting area was an assault on the senses - bright yellow color and LED lights. My colleagues commented that all the room was missing was a stripper's pole (perhaps that was the intention of the designer).

Althought the price was comparable to the Ritz Carlton and Windsor Court Hotel, the experience did not match. The room amenities were not on par and placement of items in the bathroom seemed haphazard.

There was no dedicated business center and it took over half an hour to get some documents scanned. This hotel is not really for the business traveler, but someone looking for a "cool" vibe in a good location.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank meanchat

Hello meanchat -

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't care for your guest room and for the challenges you faced during check-in and with scanning your document. Your feedback is important to us as we're constantly looking for ways to improve the level of service and amenities that we offer. If you'd like to provide any additional feedback, please feel free to email us at wfqcservice@whotels.com. Thank you for staying with us. We wish you all the best.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

It was just a one night stay, but the staff, especially Malik was very accommodating and punctual. The location was also fantastic if you just want to walk around the French Quarter. Unfortunately it rained the only day I was there, but everything was close to us, so it didn't damper things too much. If you want to stay in the Quarter close to everything, the W Hotel is the place!

Room Tip: Ask for Malik
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Hello Brady G -

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at W French Quarter with us on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to hear that you had such a nice time even though it was short. We hope that you can come back soon and stay with us a little longer!

Until next time,

Reviewed April 4, 2013

The shining star of this property is the STAFF. Everyone went above and beyond to ensure our vacation was wonderful. Exceptional service!!!!! The location was great and I will certainly be returning. Thank you for a great stay.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask when booking if it is an adjoining room. We had to move due to a LOUD family moving i...

Hello BhamALtraveler -

We enjoyed having you at W French Quarter and are glad to hear that you had such a nice stay. Thank you for the kind words you shared about our talent and for taking the time to write a review of our property. We hope to see you again on your next trip to New Orleans!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

The front desk staff is awesome. They are very attentive and professional. Nadia, Jermaine A++. You can't ask for a better location. The bar/restaurant downstairs SoBou (see separate review) in first class. The pool scene is a bit lackluster despite their "heated pool". It is small, and feels like a big bath tub. There is a nice courtyard by the pool where you can relax with a drink. the rooms are nice as you would expect from a W property. Overall, great, great location with many many things to do and places to eat nearby. The bar downstairs is one of those "mixology" bars. The drinks are handcrafted perfection. Even if you don't stay here, you should go to the bar.

Room Tip: Get a room facing courtyard so you won't have to deal with any early morning street noise.

Hello caseywest99 -

Thank you for choosing W French Quarter and for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the feedback and are glad to hear that you had such a nice time. We hope to see you again the next time you're in New Orleans!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

My son and I traveled with friends to New Orleans for Spring Break. I have never stayed in a W Hotel or in the French Quarter when previously visiting New Orleans. The location was excellent and my son described the rooms as "epic". What really sold me on the hotel was the exceptional service offered by the employees. All of the employees were friendly and helpful. Several of the staff went out of their way to help us during our stay. Ariel, Daniel, and Staci were especially helpful and friendly. Staci, in particular, went out of her way to help us get tickets to the Hornets game which my son really wanted to attend. Thanks for making our stay great!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Hello Melanie F -

I'm glad that you chose to stay at W French Quarter on your recent trip to New Orleans and that your first W experience was so wonderful. It sounds like you got a lot of first hand Whatever/Whenever experience, which is what really sets our hotels apart. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Please let us know if there's anything we can do for you in the future. We can't wait to see you again!