“Above and beyond”

Ranked #8 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Orlando, Florida
“Above and beyond”
Reviewed January 2, 2011

My wife and I are in New Orleans at least twice a year. Many times, we have stayed at the St. Ann Marie Antoinette (former name of the hotel) mainly because of the price. I was completely shocked and delighted by the renovation of the hotel and the quality of the new staff. Everything in the hotel and everyone of the staff far exceeded my expectations. We may never stay at another hotel.

Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
druglas, Front Office Manager at Hotel Le Marais, responded to this review, February 5, 2011
Good Evening RonD34515,

My name is Daffne Ruglas and I am the Front Office Manager. Thank you for writing a review for our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We surely can’t wait to serve you again and make your stay more enjoyable. Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (733)
Chicago
Reviewed January 2, 2011

The hotel was under construction. Awakened to loud drilling. Pool area was not available. Hot water was not available on demand. Staff was unattentive at best. Toilet was not clean upon arriving.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Chicagobob_9
druglas, Manager at Hotel Le Marais, responded to this review, February 5, 2011
Good Evening Chicagobob,

My name is Daffne Ruglas and I am the Front Desk Manager at the Le Marais hotel. Thank you for writing a review for our hotel. I understand you stayed with us while our hotel was being renovated; however, those renovations are close to be finish. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. However, I would like to encourage you to come and visit us again and I promise you will have the most enjoyable stay ever. By the way, our hot saltwater pool, our complementary continental breakfast, and many other amenities are now available for you to enjoy. So, what are you waiting for, comeback and visit us again and I promise you won’t be disappointed. If you would like to contact me, you can do so at Daffne.Ruglas@ihrco.com
Geismar, LA
Reviewed December 28, 2010

First off, my wife and I visit New Orleans 6-8 times a year and this will be the hotel we stay at from now on. This hotel could not have been built in a better location. Seated between Bourbon & Royal, you have the best of both worlds literally steps away. I know being this close to Bourbon Street may send up a red flag to some people, but we found our courtyard balcony room to be very quiet. Unlike other hotels this close to Bourbon, we were able to escape the hustle and bustle of the night life when we were ready.

If you are looking for a typical New Orleans style hotel with French Victorian influence, then this isn’t the hotel for you. This hotel has been completely renovated with a boutique/contemporary décor. The large screen TV, chair with ottoman, and an unbelievably comfortable bed made it easy to relax. We loved the step in shower, which had more hot water than we could use.

The entire staff greeted us warmly each time we entered the hotel, and was more than willing to answer any questions we had. Overall, I think you will be hard pressed to find a better all around hotel experience.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank corvette151
Lyndon Y, Front Office Manager at Hotel Le Marais, responded to this review, February 21, 2016
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel le marais during your recent trip to New Orleans. We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your experience with the word through our TripAdvisor community. Once again, thank you for staying at Hotel le marais!
Volin, South Dakota
Reviewed December 15, 2010

My wife and I had never been to New Orleans before. We booked a cruise in March for a December sailing so I had tons of time to research where we wanted to stay. We decided that we would stay close to Bourbon St. as opposed to the cruise terminal as we would have an entire day to see the sights.
I read all of the reviews and not many were very good, at the beginning of the year when I started my research. We took a gamble and booked the room based on location alone. Oh my! were we surprised when we went to check in. This hotel is amazing! Not only are you half a block from Bourbon St., but extensive renovations have made this hotel 5 stars in my book. And, even though you are only half a block off Bourbon St., you don't hear any noise when you are in your room.
Pierre was an amazing person. He helped point us to all the places to go during the day, and told us the hot spots to hit at night. I have no complaints at all. The room still had the "fresh paint" smell. Not too overwhelming, but I could tell it was recent.
I will definitely stay here again if I get to New Orleans.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jnbball
Mount Arlington, New Jersey
Reviewed December 8, 2010

This French Quarter hotel is conveniently located between Bourbon St. and Royal St. Despite its location in the heart of the action, the room was quiet and comfortable. Our balcony room overlooked the courtyard and as you stood outside the noise of Bourbon St. was just a whisper. The bed was super comfy and the large screen tv had far more than the average hotel selection of channels. The heated salt water pool was heavenly after a day spent seeing the sights. I was so relaxed after my soak I headed back out the door again! Since its a boutique hotel, it almost felt like I was staying in a small apartment complex, much more homey than a giant chain.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed December 1, 2010

This was my first trip to New Orleans and I could not have picked a better place to stay. If you want to be in the heart of the French Quarter, in an elegant, comfortable and charming hotel with excellent service and hospitality, go no further. Hotel Le Marais is it.

This is a boutique-style, classy hotel that has just undergone a complete renovation, from carpets to bathroom fixtures, to lobby furniture. In fact, when I arrived, they were putting finishing touches here and there. My overall experience here was wonderful. The rooms are very large and confortable and surprisingly quiet even though right in the French Quarter. My very comfy queen-size bed was superior in quality as was the giant new flat screen TV. The towels were plush and oversized, just great. My room was super clean, with that smellof being new.

Another great thing about this hotel is its location. It was fantastic to be able to walk to famous Bourbon or Royale just down the street, find plenty of galleries, shops, the Legends of Music Park Cafe, Johnny's Po Boys, walk a bit further to Cafe du Monde and the French Market, and find jazz so close by the hotel. Location is 5 Stars too.

The lovely and attentive staff at the front desk and elsewhere that I encountered, were all extremely helpful, very welcoming and accomodating with any and every question or request I had. The hotel Manager, Michael, could not have been more professional, attentive, and delightful to interact with during my stay. He and his staff not only made me feel welcomed in what was a new city for me, but made me feel special because of their real interest in making their guests feel comfortable and happy at the hotel Le Marais, their obvious pride and joy, a jewel of a New Orleans hotel.

I highly recommend this hotel if you plan a business or family trip to New Orleans. You can't go wrong with good taste, a classy hotel with a simpático great manager and friendly staff who all k now what they are doing! I would rate Le Marais as high as possible. Go for it and enjoy your stay.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
mdezura, General Manager at Hotel Le Marais, responded to this review, December 9, 2010
WOW!! Thanks your such positive feedback! We are proud to operate in such a welcoming environment as New Orleans. We pride ourselves on catering to guests from all walks of life and making them feel like part of the "family." We are members of many many LGBT websites through which you can access more information about our hotel. Glad you had a FAB stay!! Thanks again, M.
New Orleans
Reviewed November 30, 2010

I had a group of 5 that stayed with them on their grand opening night. I was actually their first guest ever. I heard that the hotel was contemporary and I was curious to see how that would fit with the FQ theme. I must say that they did a wonderful job with this property. Everything from the service through the room amenities was top notch. I will be back.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for being our very first guests!!! New Orleans is ALWAYS more fun with a group we hope to be your hotel choice whenever ya'll return to stay. Thanks, M.