“Great location .. Great hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Le Marais

Hotel Le Marais
Ranked #7 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Pensacola, Florida
“Great location .. Great hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed at Le Marais July 13-15. We enjoyed every minute of it. The staff is wonderful! The hotel is beautiful! The rooms are great! It was exactly what we were looking for. While there were children there, the hotel is very adult in its modern style and theme. The saltwater pool is very nice and the courtyard surrounding it is calm and relaxing. We are already looking forward to going again!

Sleep Quality
1 Thank kgwnpcola
Daffne R, General Manager at Hotel Le Marais, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
We are very grateful that you have chosen Hotel le marais during your recent visit to New Orleans. It is great to hear that we have met your expectations and that we were exactly what you were looking for. We are thrilled that you were able to enjoy the modern style and theme of the hotel, our great rooms, and our lovely brick floored courtyard with heated salt-water pool. We are looking forward to your next visit. Once again, thank you very much for choosing Hotel le marais.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (715)
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

We couldn't have been happier with our stay. Facility was clean, rooms spacious, and staff friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was good and served until 10:30. We stayed here two nights and the location is perfect to party but quiet enough for a good nights sleep. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Cleanliness
1 Thank BigRon773
Wow! Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your recent stay at Hotel le marais. We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your experience with the world and the TripAdvisor community. You are right; Hotel le marais is centrally located and within walking distance to all the great local attractions that this great city has to offer. We are thrilled that you were able to enjoy our enhanced complimentary continental breakfast. We hope that you choose Hotel le marais when you make your way down to New Orleans in the again in the future. Once again, thank you very much.
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

After Reviewing previous to my stay (See below for the "Warning Review") I am pleased by my experience at this hotel. Most other hotels in the vicinity come across as dated and holding onto an attempt at an older elegance. Le Marais is new and fresh. The lobby and pool areas are clean and well maintained. The room is comfortable and feels fresh after a day in the Quarter. Only concern is that some rooms do no come with the greatest views, but how big of an issue is this?

The complementary water bottles served in the room were a nice touch to the overall experience. I did not spend any time at the in house bar, however it looked nice at night. After talking with the hotel the manager was able to work with me regarding the difference of discovered rates as noted in the initial review. The overall attitude of all working here was pleasant and helpful, a nice departure from other places in the Quarter. Well located and the best stay in a long time, I will be returning to this hotel.

*Earlier Post*
*Full Disclosure* I have not stayed in the hotel (2 days to go) and will update after the trip, however I have found some things interesting with the hotel so far.

I booked through the hotel approx. 3 months ago i think and received what I thought was a fair price, however and just my luck, checking Trip Advisor today for last minute information I discovered that the hotel is offered on a travel site (Bookit.com) for considerably less over the weekend ($100).

After calling the hotel and confirming the room on the travel site, a superior, was actually an improvement above my booked, a deluxe, I inquired on the cancellation policy. I unfortunately fall into the 72 hrs policy so I am unable to switch and save the $100 {Imagine the meal I could get with that in New Orleans}.

While I completely understand and will comply with the policy I am still looking forward towards my stay. This is just a friendly reminder to consider all options prior to booking any room.

To Be Continued...

Room Tip: Superior over Deluxe for views, ask for rooms away from the elevator
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Kurt K
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

I have been eying this hotel since I found it on Pinterest. The pops of purple are what drew my eye. It has a very trendy feel in an otherwise historic building. Our room was well maintained and offered free wi-fi. They also provided enough towels for 2 people. The AC system did make some noises as it cycled throughout the night, but I assume it's an older system.
The hotel from the outside fits in with the neighboring French Quarter and is a short walk to almost everywhere. Valet service is mandatory ($34 per overnight), but I don't think you need to have use of your car during the trip since the city is more accessible by walking of using the street cars ($3 per day).
As mentioned by other reviewers, they also comp you a drink from the hotel bar. The bartender was very pleasant and offered suggestions to folks at the bar. Close to the bar is the pool area which has a really trendy feel. There are more purple lights to accent the purple furniture. The pool area is secluded from the outside and offers guests privacy from the hustle and bustle of New Orleans.
I would definitely recommend this hotel. The rates are reasonable especially when considering the proximity to life in the French Quarter including some excellent restaurants.

Sleep Quality
4 Thank destwedding62610
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights at this hotel. The location was perfect. Right off of Bourbon St but far enough away that we weren't disturbed by the noise. I booked based on price and reviews and I was not disappointed. I left my car in the parking garage and was prepared for the added cost. The best part was if I had needed my car there wasn't additional charges for in and out parking. However, my car never left the parking deck. The hotel was so conveniently located to everything that we walked everywhere. I would absolutely plan to stay there again if I were to go back to New Orleans.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Tina M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Hotel was clean and as pictured. We had a great view of the courtyard. Staff was awesome and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to my friends. The location is right in the middle of everything with convenient garage parking just across the street. I actually parked my car and walked everywhere I had planned to go. I walked to Jackson Sq, shops, restaurants, the aquarium, and the insectarium.

Stayed July 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stayed two nights recently. Hotel charges $32 per night for parking. When I needed my car it took 50 minutes even after I called down from the room ahead of time. Also, when they delivered my car it was covered with bird mess....obviously had been parked outside under a roosting location.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard facing room. Street views have minimal value in this location.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo