“Lovely hotel, good breakfast”
Review of Hotel Le Marais

Hotel Le Marais
Ranked #10 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed March 2, 2013

There werea few niggles that stopped me giving full marks, the safe in our room did not work, the staff and engineer agreed it did not work, and that is all they did. On the 3rd day of our stay housekeeping forgot to finish cleaning the room, beds were made ans bathroom cleaned, but no toiletries, no water no mat for bathroom floorand the carpet obviously was not vacuumed. We had a 5th floor room looking over the street and we could hear music until about 3 am or later. We didn't mind the music too much, we expected that,but. we did not expect the windows to vibrate to the extent it woke us up and made it impossible to go back to sleep.

The other niggle was the washbasin, no plug, awkward shape and water was not always hot - but the shower was!

Thr beds were comfortable, the staff were lovely, breakfast was good, but next time we will stay somewhere else.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lyndon Y, Front Office Manager at Hotel Le Marais, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2016

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel le marais during your recent trip to New Orleans. We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your experience with the word through our TripAdvisor community. Once again, thank you for staying at Hotel le marais!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Very happy we chose this hotel after reading all the good reviews on trip advisor. All the staff at the front desk were so nice and went out of their way to make sure our stay was pleasant. Sean was so helpful with our room and we had wonderful accommodations. The rooms are attractive and clean with comfortable beds. Our room was facing the courtyard which was lovely and quiet. You couldn't ask for a better location. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Great ambiance and friendly staff. Our bar tender Megan was excellent, friendly and very hospitable. The layout of the facility coupled with its location in the heart of the French Quarters made this a favirite. We will be back

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed March 1, 2013

It was our first time visiting New orleans and thanks to this hotel, it want be the last. The hotel is right in the middle I believe, so we walked every where except when we had to be at the new orleans arena by a certain time. The hotle staff was great and helped out with what ever we needed. The service was quick too. As far as the inside, my girl loved it. At night its lit up pretty nice. Besides the price I paid for the room, I was extremly satisfied.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We loved our stay Hotel Le Marais. It is a small boutique hotel, which we love. It is modern and clean and has a very trendy feel, yet access to our room was quick because it's not a massive hotel. After looking at the other hotels in the area, we knew we had made the best choice. The location is between Bourbon and Royal Street, which is perfect for accessing everything quickly and still retreating at the end of the night to a quiet area. There is a lovely courtyard in the back that would be great for a small party or gathering. The courtyard is just outside of the lounge, which is amazing. They even provide guests with a free complimentary cocktail at the bar. I had a delicious drink with strawberries. I believe it was called a Red Dragon. We loved getting beignets at Cafe Beignet every morning near the hotel. I miss hearing the sweet sound of jazz music wafting up to our balcony each morning. Love Hotel Le Marais!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I selected Hotel Le Marais based on Tripadvisor reviews and I was not disappointed!
It was my first time to New Orleans and I loved it! Hotel Le Marais was a big part of that!
From the moment I arrived I was welcomed with open arms. All the staff I encountered were extremely helpful and as I only had a short time in New Orleans (unfortunately!!!) the desk staff helped me make the most of it by recommending restaurants, providing directions and booking tours for me.
The decor of the hotel was modern and after big days of sightseeing, it was so nice to be able to come "home" to Le Marais and relax with a lovely drink from the bar. I didn't get a chance to have a swim, but the pool looked inviting.
The hotel was perfectly located on Conti and I was able to walk everywhere in the French Quarter safely, which was a priority for me as I was travelling alone. Despite its proximity to Bourbon Street, I heard no noise whatsoever.
My room was beautifully appointed and furnished, although quite small, which was not an issue for me, as I was hardly ever there!
I would love to return to New Orleans and I would definitely stay at Le Marais again - highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
druglas, General Manager at Hotel Le Marais, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Wow! We are so delighted to hear that we were able to provide you with excellent service and that you were very satisfied. At Hotel le marais we strive in selecting highly qualified associates that can provide our guests with unforgetable experiences. Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your first time to New Orleans and we are very happy to hear that we were part of such an enjoyable trip. Thank you for your kind words on our hotel and staff and we can't wait to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Great central French Quarter location, great value. Moderate sized rooms, nice comfortable contemporary decor, very clean, quiet, great little bar, friendly staff. Would definitely recommend.
Breakfast included (we never tried it) and 2 cocktails included in room price.
Only one problem during stay---maids did not service room one day (???) and no one there in evening to service... Towels were brought to room but no explanation given.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank MB531
Leslie O, Manager at Hotel Le Marais, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2016