“Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

We were passing through New Orleans and planned to spend one night here. We enjoyed it so much that we stayed an extra night. Complimentary cocktail/drink was just what we needed after all day of driving. Breakfast was very good, too. We even soaked in the heated, salt water pool. Great location just off Bourbon Street, but very quiet. Valet parking worked like a charm both dropping off the vehicle and picking it up. Will definitely stay here again if we ever make it back through this way.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Sharon L
druglas, General Manager at Hotel Le Marais, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for writing us this message through Trip Advisor. We feel really proud to receive such a wonderful feedback as it motivates us to keep working on sharing our passion with our guests. We are glad that you enjoyed your two night stay and took advantage of our complimentary services such as a cocktail of your choice at our VIVE! Bar, our enhanced breakfast, heated and salt water pool, our great location and valet parking. We surely can’t wait to serve you again in the future. Have a Prosperous Year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (715)
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for three nights. It is in the perfect location, right off bourbon street in the middle of everything. It is quiet at night, clean, has very courteous staff. They have a complimentary continental breakfast every morning and give you a coupon for two free drinks at the hotel bar when you arrive, good for any time during your stay. The fitness facilities are small but get the job done (two treadmills, a bike, elliptical and free weights, exercise balls, etc.). Pretty courtyard and we were told the pool was heated (although we never went out there to confirm). It also feels very secure as you need a room key in order to get on the elevator to go up to the rooms. Overall a very pleasant experience and we would definitely stay here again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank frombothofus
Dear Guest,

It is very marvelous that you and your husband had such a very pleasant experience at Hotel le marais in New Orleans. We are very proud of our very courteous staff that we carefully select and train so they can provide all and each of our guests a thrilled experience that you won’t forget. I am happy that you were able to enjoy our complimentary amenities such as enhanced continental breakfast, two free drinks at VIVE! bar, fitness facilities with everything you need to get the job done, pretty courtyard and our salt water heated pool. We are glad that you felt secure with using your key to access the elevator as your safety is very important to us. We are glad you chose to stay with us and we hope to see you soon.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I agree with many of the reviews: Le Marais is perfectly located, just a half block from Bourbon St. and a short walk to everything in the French Quarter. Yet it feels very quiet and secluded. The staff was kind and efficient. The room was clean. Perfect but for one thing: when I checked out, I carelesslly left my jewelry bag and toiletries bag in the room. I didn't realize this until I unpacked at home later. I called the hotel first thing the next day, and after "investigating" (their word), they said they couldn't find anything.
I realize it was my fault that I left the stuff, and I don't expect recompense from the hotel (nor was I offered any). I just mention this to let others know. Whether they found anything or not, what happened happened, and I assume it could happen again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank pghabs
Dear Guest,

We would like first of all to thank you for sharing your opinion with us on Tripadvisor.

Please accept my most sincere apologies as we were unable to find the jewelry and toiletries bag that was left at our hotel. We understand how important is to keep our guests property safe that’s why we have provided a safe in your room where you can keep your items safe. I assure you that we did investigate and reviewed cameras to try to find your lost items but unfortunately nothing was found. We have returned numerous of items left in the rooms to other guests and this has never been a problem before. I would love to speak with you in more detail please feel free to reach me at Daffne.ruglas@interstatehotels.com. Thank you for staying with us and Happy New Year.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I recently enjoyed a stay at this wonderful hotel early last week. I will be honest, with flight cancellations and weather not permitting I had a terrible time arriving. But once I arrived(around 2am) all my troubles melted away. There was an extraordinary slender African American man named Ryan or Bryan who took my day of a "0" to an absolute "9.5", then he gave me 2 drink coupons and that was the last ".5" I needed for my perfect "10". I only stayed for 2 nights and those 2 nights he completely catered to my every need no matter how strange. But I don't want to just single him out the entire hotel front desk staff was amazing. I wish there was a better breakfast but it was free and I got full so it served its purpose. The courtyard is completely immaculate at night and I love the heated pool. All in all, hands down this was the best stay I've ever had in New Orleans and not only will I return but I will reccomend to all my clients and friends.

P.S. Get a courtyard room

P.S.S Give Brian a raise he deserves it!!!!

P.S.S.S Pierre gives the best directions!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Rachel D
Lyndon Y, Front Office Manager at Hotel Le Marais, responded to this review, January 8, 2016
Dear Rachel D,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hotel le marais! We are thrilled that were able to enjoy your stay with us during your visit to the Big Easy! We do hope to be of service to you again in the very near future. Once again, thank you very much for choosing Hotel le marais.
Brooklyn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We just stayed at Le Marais for three nights over Christmas and were totally impressed with the hotel, its service, comfort and location. The staff was extremely helpful especially Daniela who upgraded us to a courtyard room with a balcony and also gave us excellent tips on restaurants. The whole staff was warm and outgoing. The bar was friendly and the pool area quaint. Breakfast was plentiful.

This is a great little hotel tucked away on Conti Street right off busy Bourbon Street. The rooms are spacious and quiet. We will be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Randernyc
High Point, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

This hotel is so close to the action yet a world away from the noise. Our flight got us to the hotel before the official check in time but one of our rooms was ready so we were allowed to access the room and leave our bags. We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go quickly and did not have to worry about where to put a car. Actually we found walking more efficient as we would pass the cars during the busy nighttime traffic. Our rooms were clean and comfortable and we had no problem with outside noise or from other rooms. The last day of housekeeping was disappointing because the room was not vacuumed, the shower not cleaned nor the sink but because it was extremely clean when we started our stay I did not feel it was a deal breaker for a recommendation for the hotel. We started each morning with the complimentary breakfast which consisted of bacon and sausage, some form of eggs, cereal, fruit, bread choices, juice and coffee. It was enough to get our morning started and was convenient and a time saver. (there is no onsite restaurant but it is close to a lot of choices for eating) It was a nice sized room with a very friendly staff; they would always say have a nice day or ask where we were headed or if we needed anything every time we went past the desk on our way in and out. As a safety feature in the late evening you had to use your keycard to access the hotel. This is a good choice for a hotel in the French Quarter.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank relax45
Lyndon Y, Front Office Manager at Hotel Le Marais, responded to this review, February 21, 2016
Thank you very much for taking the time and sharing your recent experience with the world through our TripAdvisor community. We will definitely pass along your kind words to our team. It is great to hear that you were able to enjoy our property, which is just a stone's throw away from all the great local attractions that the Crescent City has to offer. Once again, thank you for staying at Hotel le marais.
Piedmont, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is a wonderful, quiet 50 room hotel right in the heart of the French Quarter.
The staff is quite accomodating, the bar truly inviting after a long evening of music & dancing...
Christmas is a wonderful time of year to visit New Orleans, but you must have dinner reservations for Commander's Palace, Stella's, Bayona's, etc..
In short its a great place.. enjoy.
Stephen

Room Tip: Request a room with a view or balcony... its worth it.