Hotel Le Marais
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Prince Conti Hotel(New Orleans)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Mazarin(New Orleans)
  • Breakfast included
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
Grenoble House(New Orleans)
  • Pool
Hotel St. Helene(New Orleans)
Hotel Monteleone(New Orleans)
  • Restaurant
3,462 results
All reviewsbourbon streetgreat locationfrench quarterboutique hotelsalt water poolsmall poolhalf blockcomplimentary breakfasthotel baryogurtsmall hotelfront desk staffwould definitely stay here againwould highly recommend this hotelroyal streetvalet parkingloved this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel le Marais for four nights and loved it. This modern, boutique hotel was clean and well-maintained. The beds were heavenly! The one issue in the room was that the shower would spray outside the stall, leaving huge puddles on the floor, so we had to have the shower head practically facing the opposite wall to avoid the mess. The staff was extremely helpful, particularly Pierre, who booked several tours for us and got us $10 discounts per person per tour. The best part of the hotel is that it is in the heart of the French Quarters. This visit was all of our first times in Nola. Being able to walk to key landmarks, check out local art galleries and antiques, and grab a beignet was a huge plus! Other hotel perks: free drinks per guest, free bottled water in the room, 15% off our stay, and chocolates and ginger snaps in the lobby.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
druglas, General Manager at Hotel Le Marais, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Dear Leila S,

I am glad that we met and exceeded your expectations and have created a delightful experience for you all. Thank you for sharing your most recent experience at Hotel Le Marais in New Orleans. I am happy that we were able to give you a feeling of vacation during your stay. We surely appreciate your comments as we are always striving to improve our service and engagement delivery. We look forward to your return and being part of your home away from home.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

I recently spent 3 nights at the Hotel Le Marais on a mini-vacation with friends. The hotel met our needs very well. Rooms were spacious and comfortable, location was very convenient, staff members were friendly and helpful. The free breakfast is a nice feature, and the back patio/pool area is a great place to gather and relax. My only complaint is that the water pressure in the shower in our room was terrible - just a light trickle of water. But the others I was with didn't have this issue in their room, so I assume it was just a fluke.

New Orleans is a large city with a lot to see, leaving me wanting to return. I would definitely consider staying at Le Marais again the next time.

Room Tip: Room 310 had terrible water pressure.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Carrie T

Dear Carrie T,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review of your most recent stay in our Hotel Le Marais. We are delighted to hear that you had an excellent stay and I have shared your comments with all my staff and your words have brought smiles to all my employees. We definitely checked the problem with the water pressure on the room you stayed in and is now fixed. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to see you again soon! Best!

Reviewed July 2, 2012

We booked 2 nights at this hotel during a trip to New Orleans that was partly business & partly vacation. We chose this hotel because of the Trip Advisor ranking. There were some really good staff members like Bull, Miguel, and Janice. The front desk staff was not very good nor was the manager, Daphne.

They definitely act like you are second class if you book through a third party like Hotels.com. They gave us a cramped room next to the linen closet and elevator. What's worse is that there was a very loud altercation in the middle of the night between 2 men. We had to call the front desk twice to get have them put a stop to it. When we asked to move rooms the next day, they seemed put out. We didn't think that was an unreasonable request since they could not tell us if the 2 men were guests and still staying there the 2nd night. Needless to say, we didn't want to risk a repeat of the first night.

They didn't have the new room ready untol 4 PM. I found Daphne's sarcasm to be inappropriate. Around 11 AM, I told her I would be out for at least a few hours. I asked when I should come back for the room to be ready and she replied 10 PM. NOT funny. So, I came back around 2 PM, and nothing. More annoyed or indifferent expressions from the front desk staff.

The complimentary drinks were a nice touch. Daphne did leave us complimentary champagne and chocolate.

The pool area was pretty, though it is small for a hotel that size. Also, there are signs saying the hotel is a non-smoking property (including signs in the patio/pool area). But there were ashtrays everywhere and people smoking there at all times of the day. it seemed odd to have a no smoking policy that is not enforced.

Overall, I would not stay here again. There are a lot nicer hotels in New Orleans. I think their #1 ranking comes from a young clientele who likes the free drinks & free WiFi as well as the location. We've stayed at the Bourbon Orleans before and liked that hotel much better.

2  Thank AnnieSwitzer

Dear AnnieSwitzer,

Thank you for sharing your most recent experience at Hotel Le Marais and for choosing to stay with us. We deeply appreciate your kind words on our staff such as Bull, Miguel, and Jeanine and our hotel. I would like to apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations during your stay. We consider your feedack as "gifts" as they are meaningful to us because it helps us continuously improve our product and service delivery. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again. Warm Greetings!

Reviewed June 29, 2012

My fiance and I stayed here for a week recently, and loved every minute of it! Everyone from the valet, bellhop, front desk, and bar were great; very friendly and helpful. Really liked the artwork in the lobby and bar -- just wish there had been info on where to buy it. (I Googled the artist and still couldn't find what I was looking for... bummer -- but obviously not the hotel's fault.) Our room was very clean and we LOVED the bedding and pillows -- Super-comfy. So comfy that we didn't want to get out of bed most days despite our schedule! The drink vouchers were a nice touch <and the drinks were great!>, and we also loved the pool area with the banana trees (complete with 3 bunches of ripening bananas at the time!). Liked the electronic 'do not disturb' indicator as well (as much as I travel, it was my first time seeing this = pretty cool!). We booked through bookit.com and got a free jazz brunch for two at the Court of Two Sisters - what a nice surprise! (Though it is worth paying full price if this option isn't available!)
The hotel is in an ideal location in the French Quarter, half a block from Bourbon St. Just nextdoor is a 'dive' bar called The Copper Monkey with great late-night food, fewer tourists than most places in the area, and THE BEST bartenders!!!! (And proper Absinthe preparation!) A block away is a nice wine bar also (at the former St. Louis Hotel -- I forget the new name...) This was my 6th trip to NOLA, and definitely the best! I'm pretty much over Bourbon Street, but staying in the French Quarter is always nice - there are still fantastic dining and shopping options within walking/short-driving distance that are less-touristy, esp. on/around Frenchmen Street. Acme's (FQ) chargrilled oysters are still to Die for (depsite how touristy it has become), and the 'original cocktail walking tour' can be a real hoot depending on who your guide is --- I'm ashamed to say that I forgot our last guide's name -- he is a retired teacher and Fantastic! --- took us to some really nice and historic bars, some so nice that I was surprised that they let tour groups in, with the jeans and sneakers and all ..... A fascinating history lesson moreso than a pub crawl! He took us to Antione's, Arnaud's, French 75, the newly-expanded Monteleone carousel bar, the Napoleon House, etc... He even explained the origin of the term "Dixieland" --- quite interesting!! Be sure to take a swamp tour as well!!
NOLA is a fabulous city --- I can't possibly imagine how anyone wouldn't have a great time there!! Anyway, Hotel Le Marais was great, despite our crappy back-alley view (wish we had known that beforehand...) Still, highly recommend! Staff was great.
Hotel Le Marais was great!!!

2  Thank petsozzie888

Dear petsozzie888,

Thank you for staying at Hotel Le Marais in New Orleans. We are delighted to hear that you had an amazing stay. Thank you for your compliments on our staff including valet, bellhop, front desk, and bartenders. We are glad that you liked the pillows and room's bedding and that you enjoyed the free drinks at our bar VIVE! At hotel Le Marais we pride in providing great service at all times and I am glad to hear that we have accomplished this outstanding service one more time. Thank you for choosing us and please come back soon!

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Hotel Le Marais has the most "personality" of any hotel I've ever stayed in. Very cool, pretty colors, just a really interesting place. Free drink tickets upon arrival, comfortable bed, VERY friendly staff (especially the valet), and a really awesome location. Next time, I'll request a room not facing the street, as we were apparently there on trash pick-up day and it was quite noisy. But other than that, we loved everything!

Room Tip: Request a room facing the courtyard!
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Dear LMM1983,

Hotel Le Marais thanks you for sharing your recent stay at our hotel. We are thrilled to hear that you had a delighted stay and loved everything we had to offer. Thank you for your compliments on our very friendly staff, awesome location, and our pretty hotel. We are glad that you stayed with us and we sure hope to see you again. Best Wishes!