I first came across this hotel in Budget Travel Magazine as it was rated in the top 100 boutique hotels in the US. After reading reviews here on TA, I was convinced this was the right hotel for us. I highly recommend this hotel if you want to be in the heart of the French Quarter, but away from all the noise it brings, and if you are looking for a modern, cool, hip and small intimate hotel, without breaking the bank.
Location: Between crazy, fun Bourbon Street and artful, sophisticated Royal Street. Perfect for those who are like me, and like a little of both. I loved how we could walk off Bourbon and sneak into our hip hotel, which almost seemed hidden in the street. It's like a secret.
Rooms: I emailed a request a week before our stay for a room away from the elevators (which I read on here, how noisy it can be). They honored our request and our room was located in what seemed like a private hall which only consisted of a few rooms. It was perfect! The walls are thin, and we happened to have two very noisy neighbors, one partying until the wee morning hours, and another with the kid crying at night. Oh well, it is New Orleans, and not the hotel's fault. The room was what I expected. Very nice, and the bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was small for two people, but it works. My only complaint here is although the modern shower design is cool, it was very difficult for me to shave my legs. Since there is such little room, no bar close to the water, or anything - yoga balancing skills are a must. Large TV, desk, chair, dresser, safe, bottled water . . .everything one needs.
Kids: I was surprised to see kids here, not many, but a few. This hotel does not cater to kids, and honestly, if you have kids here . . .why? The pool is small, there is no restaurant - only a bar, and you get a free cocktail upon check in, this should be your clue.
Pool: The lagoon type pool is small, intimate and great for a mid-day cool off while sipping a cocktail. My one complaint here is they need to keep the towel supply full. I had to ask for more towels and saw it empty on two occasions.
Staff: Very friendly, and all went our of their way for any request. We were greeting every time we entered or left the hotel. Any questions were answered and they had no problem calling a taxi for us to the airport.
Cleanliness: Clean, but not perfect. I felt the hotel could improve in this area. There was a dead roach in the courtyard that laid there for a bit. (yes, I do realize roaches are common and should be expected down South) The rooms were cleaned, but I also felt housekeeping could have made the bathrooms sparkle a bit more. For some reason our housekeeper never took our tip - very odd.
Breakfast: No complaints on continental breakfast. The bacon was perfect. There was fruit, juices, some type of egg (scrambled or boiled) each day, bread, muffins, yogurt, cereal and coffee. You won't go away hungry.
Bar: Very nice. Great for a cocktails while swimming, or nice to sit at before heading out for the evening, or returning from your night. Great music - young top 40's. Bartenders, like the rest of the staff are very nice and personable.
Would I stay here again? Absolutely! This really is an excellent hotel at a great price. Thanks for the great stay and New Orleans experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be inspired by an effortless amalgamation of classic and modern. Hotel le Marais is New Orleans’ newest upscale boutique hotel. It is where the trendsetters, influencers and fashionistas go to stay in the heart of it all. Set amid a historic and cultural backdrop, this French Quarter hotel is a modern and upscale sanctuary with four-star amenities and a high level of personal service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Le Marais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Ann Marie Antoinette Hotel
- Hotel St Ann Marie Antoinette