“Hotel management has called and rectified everything beautifully”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Le Marais

Hotel Le Marais
Ranked #7 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Dallas, Texas
“Hotel management has called and rectified everything beautifully”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

I based my feedback on the actions of one person. I have since been contacted by management and the problem has been resolved in a truly professional manner… they made it RIGHT.

Just to let future hotel guest know we have not stayed at this property yet, BUT plan on it REAL soon.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Goodman8589
Lyndon Y, Front Office Manager at Hotel Le Marais, responded to this review, February 2, 2016
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hotel le marais! We are thrilled that you were able to enjoy your stay with us during your trip to the Big Easy! We do hope you choose to stay with us again upon your return to the NOLA! Once again, thank you very much for staying at Hotel le marais.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (725)
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2011

I booked our June 2011 stay at Hotel Le Marais back in January 2011 after finding an excellent deal on expedia.ca. Around Feb-Mar we started seeing some bad reviews show up saying people had been turned away after booking months in advance. Naturally I was completely freaked out by this - we'd been looking forward to our trip for so long and had saved up for it. Fortunately, we worried for nothing!

I emailed (and tweeted) the hotel a few times prior to our trip and was assured we'd be fine. Still, I worried. We showed up at the hotel on Friday morning around 11am. There was a TINY snag when our friends got assigned an already occupied room (woops!) but other than that everything was wonderful. Our rooms were ready promptly, were clean and quiet and safe. This was our first time staying in the French Quarter (previously stayed in the CBD) and we worried it might be noisy but despite being right off of Bourbon Street, this hotel is super quiet!

The hotel is newly renovated and is gorgeous in a modern boutique hotel style. Upon check-in you are given a coupon for a free drink at the hotel bar and all of the staff members are friendly and helpful. Pierre at the front desk was a big help to our group - offering restaurant suggestions and best taxi routes when we headed uptown. The beds are giant and super comfortable - I slept like the dead every night (although I may have had help from Pat O'Brian's hurricanes). You also get complimentary bottle of water in your room (hard to find hotels that don't charge you $8 a bottle these days!) and my husband and I even got a complimentary box of pralines in our room! THANK YOU Hotel staff! There is also a large flat screen tv (we hardly turned it on..hellooo, not on vacation to watch tv!) and an ipod dock in case you wanted to listen to some tunes while you get ready for the day. There is a jar of free ginger snap cookies at the front desk should you feel snacky while you wait for your taxi. The wifi in the hotel can be spotty at times but works well for the most part.

We usually went out (or slept through) breakfast but we did eat at the hotel twice and I can say I haven't seen such a fantastic free breakfast spread at any hotel I have ever stayed at. Fresh fruit, Community brand coffee, yogurt, cereal, delicious crispy real bacon, sausage patties, all manner of breads and bagels and english muffins, scrambled eggs..EVERYTHING! All for free! We appreciated this very much on our check out day as we had to be at the airport early.

The hotel also boasts a nice little quiet courtyard with pool. The courtyard is gorgeous but we did not use the pool as it was soooooo hot in New Orleans when we were there and the pool is a heated saltwater pool. Who cares though, we didn't come to New Orleans to swim! I bet that pool would be fantastic in Feb-March!

The location is great as well, nestled just off of Bourbon street yet very very quiet. Since this was not our first time in New Orleans we did not go to Bourbon street but still found the location ideal for everything we wanted to see and do.

All in all I would definitely stay at the Hotel Le Marais again and would recommend it to anyone. If we can get a good deal on expedia again we will be back sooner than later!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank coronah
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel le marais during your recent trip to New Orleans. We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your experience with the word through our TripAdvisor community. Once again, thank you for staying at Hotel le marais!
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

Great hotel in great location. Just around the corner from Bourbon Street but very quiet. Refurbshed beautifully and rooms lovely. Very good value and staff friendly. Right in middle of french quarter.Free continental breakfaxt and free internet. Would definately recommend and stay again on next visit to New Orleans.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank coultd
Wow! Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your recent stay at Hotel le marais. We are honored that out of many options in the city, you chose stay with us. We do hope to be of service to you again in the very near future. Once again, thank you very much for staying at Hotel le marais.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2011

I travelled by myself to New Orleans in Late March of 2011. It was my first time back in the city in about 10 years, and I did know what to expect.
Hotel La Marais and all its staff made my stay a very comfortable one. By the time I arrived, the renovations mentioned in the other reviews were done, and the outdoor furniture in the courtyard arrived during my 6 night stay. The room was clean, airy, and comfortable. The only complain I had was that the window is bolted shut, so I can't let the warm spring breeze into my room.
I had a lower level, courtyard facing room, but during the day, it was still bright, and even though by night there were music and the courtyard was lit, I never heard a thing. There is a small pool, but I imagine its more for socializing, rather then swimming. The courtyard is a fantastic place to wind down in the evening, and perhaps even socialize with other guests of the hotel.
The location of the hotel is prime, and I could not have asked for better. I sincerely thank the staff for being friendly and discreet - this must be some of that Southern Hospitality people talk about!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank ElectricLollipop
Thank you very much for taking the time and sharing your recent experience with the world through our TripAdvisor community. We will definitely pass along your kind words to our team. It is great to hear that you were able to enjoy our property, which is just a stone's throw away from all the great local attractions that the Crescent City has to offer. Once again, thank you for staying at Hotel le marais.
Redding, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

After reading several reviews indicating problems with reservations I was a bit concerned. However, a phone call to the hotel to confirm my reservation several weeks in advance made my concern go away. The location was awesome, the staff was friendly, helpful, and full of local knowledge. The bartenders were great. The hotel has a more modern feel. The rooms were small but clean!! I felt very secure.. Key card access to the elevator and the outside door for late night access. There was also a security guard in the lobby after 11.
I've stayed in several hotels in the quarter and this was my favorite. We will be back!

• Stayed June 2011
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

This hotel just opened under the new name Le Marais. taxi driver wasn't sure where it was and contractors were still painting. Right in the center of the quarter without the craziness of bourbon street. Has a hip, funky feel. bathrooms are very compact but nice. First night I had a room by the elevator ( too noisy). Since I was staying several days I asked to be moved which was no issue.

Room Tip: stay away from the elevator
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
ezevans
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed at the Hotel Le Marias for Jazzfest, Apr 29 - June 5. What a lovely hotel. The remodeling reminds me of the boutique hotels in New York City as it leans toward more modern clean lines vs the ornate. My room had 2 double beds and although small was comfortable and no problems moving around. They did a very nice job using the space. The room was clean and the bed way too comfy. Given the hotel is about a quarter block from bourbon is was really pretty quiet. The staff was very pleasant and attentive. When I called down about a couple charges on my credit card that shouldn't have been there, they made the necessary phone calls and had everything resolved in 15 minutes! The continental breakfast is very simple but worked for me. Its in the bar area so if a mass group of folks came in for breakfast there wouldn't be places for folks to sit, but during my stay it wasn't a problem. Recommend enjoying your coffee and danish by the pool. Its tiny(you won't be doing laps) but nice if you want a dip and a very peacefil courtyard setting. I thought the workout room was adequate. Its small but it had a couple of aerobic machines, free weights and a nautilas set..you can certainly work up a sweat. I have a couple suggestions based on my stay. 1) Rooms with shutters over the windows should also have a curtain, shade or something to better block out the light. I couldn't really get the room dark and since most visiting are probably keeping late hours, that dark room is great for catching the late morning Zs. 2) The bathroom is cute but not user friendly if being shared. No shower curtain or door means no privacy and a lot of water gets out on the floor. Since its just a shower, a seat should be added.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo