“Excellent location and comfortable modern hotel”
Review of Hotel Le Marais

Hotel Le Marais
Ranked #10 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed June 9, 2011

This hotel is located between Bourbon and Royal Street on Conti Street putting it in a very convenient location for most things a visitor would want to see and do. A New York Times review suggested it was noisy because of its proximity to Bourbon but we did not find this to be the case. Our room faced the courtyard which was very quiet. On night when Bourbon Street was in full blare, we sat in the courtyard and heard nothing but the voices of other hotel guests also enjoying the peace.

The hotel was recently renovated to a modern style. It looks very clean with bright spots of colour and filled with contemporary furniture. Our room, a king with a balcony, was spacious and comfortable. The expected technological instruments -- flat screen tv, telephone, free wifi. I think there were movies available but we weren't looking for those. The bathroom was clean and reasonably roomy with a shower only and lots of towels and Avena amenities.

The hotel does not have a restaurant but a decent continental breakfast is served in the bar area off the lobby and next to the courtyard. Afternoon drinks are also served in the bar where you can use the two complimentary drink tickets. The courtyard as mentioned already was a calm oasis with a small pool.

Service was friendly and prompt. We would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard for quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank artslover
Lyndon Y, Front Office Manager at Hotel Le Marais, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2016

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hotel le marais! We are thrilled that you were able to enjoy your stay with us during your trip to the Big Easy! We do hope you choose to stay with us again upon your return to the NOLA! Once again, thank you very much for staying at Hotel le marais.

Reviewed June 6, 2011

I enjoyed my recent stay at Hotel Le Marais.

My room was beautifully furnished and very comfortable and the staff was friendly and accommodating. It was a delight to stay there and I'll look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel le marais during your recent trip to New Orleans. We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your experience with the word through our TripAdvisor community. Once again, thank you for staying at Hotel le marais!

Reviewed June 5, 2011

My spouse and I stayed at this hotel the week after Mardi Gras. It was our 1st time to New Orleans and working for a luxury name brand hotel, I wanted to stay at a cute boutique hotel. The pictures on the web site and the reviews seemed promising so, I thought to give this hotel a chance. I booked off of Expedia.

After booking the hotel with Expedia, seeing as they only had one room type availiable I contacted the hotel to see if I could pay an additional fee to get a better then average room seeing as it was my spouse and I's one year wedding Anniversary and when speaking to the person on the phone, they seemed overwhelmed and was rather unhelpful and didn't offer me the option of upgrading my room and I actually seemed to be a hinderance.

Upon checking in, it was very busy at the desk and thier was only one person on and she didn't seem happy to be there. She didn't smile once, was not welcoming and when it was our turn to check-in she couldn't find our reservation. after her going back to the back office and forward a few times she was able to find our reservation. Again, I asked if we could do a room upgrade and that I was willing to pay an additional fee and she said she had nothing else availiable. Seeing as it was the week after Mardi Gras, I could see this happening. She did not explain any of the hotel amenities, nor where anything was. Also, after looking at my key cards in my room she had included 2 complimentary dink vouchers which, I could've not even noticed seeing as it was not explained to my husband or I.

When we got to our door neither of our keys worked so, my husband offered to go get the keys redone while I watch our luggage outside of our hotel room door. A very nice housekeeping attendee came and aksed me if she could let me in the room. I told her it was fine and I was waiting for my husband to get our keys redone but this also concerned me greatly seeing as what if I were a discruntled lover or thief trying get access to a room they could've stolen our valuables.

The room was lovely and stylish, well equipped and for the most part clean with the exception of the guck and water stains on the back of the bathroom pocket door which, would be somthing you can see if the door is closed and you are peeing. The room was the 2nd to the elevator and we could hear loud inebrated people get off the elevator and one of the nights people were partying in the room beside us. When calling the front desk to inform them, within 5 minutes there was no longer any noise.

The pool in the courtyard was lovely, the breakfast the 1st morning was great with hot and cold food items but it was the only day with hot items, every day afterwards there was only cold items with toast. The lounge area is also the breakfast area and lit very nicely in the evening. The excersize room seemed nice, we did not use it although we checked it out. We also went to use the business centre and was given a pass code which only worked on one of the computors so, my husband and I had to take 2x the amount of time taking turns using the computor.

The staff that were on during the day were remarkable, they were very helpfull and always had a friendly/welcoming smile and offered assistance. I believe thier names were Albert and Tania. Upon checking out and waiting for a taxi to take us to the airport we re-encountered the lady that checked us in our 1st night and she seemed in better spirits, actually gave us her card and told us to book with her directly next time we come to stay.

In all, location is great, 2 resteraunts from Bourbon and St. Louis Street i the heart of the festivities. The hotel was quiet and peacful when we wanted peace from the business of the party scene. Continental breakfast was nice, decor nice, room nice. I would stay here again even with the possible security breach of housekeeping and missed guck on the sliding pocket door. New Orleans in itself is one of, if not my favorite places I have ever visited and I travel frequently.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mahalia1980
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Hotel Le Marais is a splendid choice when visition New Orleans. Although quite small, the rooms are beautifully appointed. Staff is very friendly and helpful. 2 blocks from all the action, the hotel is quiet and secure. There is not much to see on the street side rooms so a courtyard view is beautiful and quiet. Nice continental breakfast in the morning until around 11 or so; bar opens at 3. You're in the middle of the action without the racket. Everything you could want to do in the French Quarter is a short walk.

Room Tip: Courtyard view is the only way to go.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Lyndon Y, Front Office Manager at Hotel Le Marais, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time and sharing your recent experience with the world through our TripAdvisor community. We will definitely pass along your kind words to our team. It is great to hear that you were able to enjoy our property, which is just a stone's throw away from all the great local attractions that the Crescent City has to offer. Once again, thank you for staying at Hotel le marais.

Reviewed May 30, 2011

We selected this hotel based on it's excellent reviews and prime location. WOW. We had the best time walking around the French Quarter, sampling the excellent food and drink. The pool and courtyard provided a great respite from the hustle and bustle of wining and dining. I love New Orleans and I love this hotel. We can hardly wait to return. Great FREE breakfast and super bar for a nightcap.

1  Thank willing292
Lyndon Y, Front Office Manager at Hotel Le Marais, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2016

Reviewed May 28, 2011

Our first time in NOLA.....My wife did extensive research on wher to stay and was excited about this Hotel...She was right....From meeting the person who she checked with on the stay several times to the other staff members...Everyone was very good....The court yard is paeceful and relaxing...The Hotel is well located in the middle of everything but is peacefull and quiet...We arrived on a early flight and where pleasently surprised that our rooms where ready....Our baggage was stored for several hours without problems due to our evening flight.....I hear the hotel was renoviated....They did a graet job except for one thing....There isn't a shower door .......That's it....
The balcony overlooking the courtyard was also a nice thing....

If you want to stay in a nice Hotel....
Don't miss this place...
We're going back when return to New Orleans...

Room Tip: Keep Calling the front desk!......
  • Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank jamesb101

Reviewed May 28, 2011

Eventually arrived in New Orleans at the end our three week trip and drove to the hotel. It wasn't a great start as we only had 20 minutes to get rid of our bags and drop our hire car off before being fined a day's extra hire, after checking-in asked the reception staff to store our bags and we'd be later to check-in to our room - but they insisted we had to put our bags in our room ourselves and wouldn't store them even for 20 minutes.

We loved the location of the hotel, couldn't believe how close it was to the busiest most exciting part of town but also felt incredible quiet and peaceful! The room was lovely, looking over the pool and courtyard and other than very noisy neighbours in the room next door you couldn't hear a thing from the surrounding area.

Breakfast was great and the courtyard was excellent for sitting out in either returning from our site-seeing or before going out at night. Although I didn't use the pool I was told the water was as warm as a bath.

After our first encounter with the staff they were always courteous but I couldn't help feeling a little stiff and too formal. Everything else though was brilliant, we loved New Orleans.