“We've been talking about our visit here for years! It's that cool!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Audubon Insectarium

Useful Information: Activities for young children
Dallas, TX
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“We've been talking about our visit here for years! It's that cool!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Like an aquarium but full of bugs from near and far- rare insects, creepy crawly things, as well as beautiful multi-colored butterflies. Great place for kids and adults, everyone will enjoy.

Visited December 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Good for kids”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I think this would be great for kids, only okay for adults. We went with the 4 day Audubon pass because we wanted to do all the experiences and this was probably my least favorite. All the exhibits are low so there is a lot of looking down but they had some cool bugs. They were all out so we could seem them. Lots of kids stuff, a VW bug, log area to walk through, tunnels, game section--I mean if I had kids this seems like it would be great. There are some gators too. One of the coolest room were dead butterflies arranged in beautiful ways. Their butterfly room was one of the best I have ever been too--it was large, had birds too and butterflies all over a large area. I would not go back...maybe if it was raining and I was in the area, or had my nephew and niece, or had done everything else I wanted to do. I like looking at bugs in cages but didn't find this place to have that many.

Atlanta
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Yuck this is fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I think its a one of a kind. Butterfly house, works of art made from beautifully colored insects, giant beatles and spiders that tiu can hold and a disgusting display of cockroaches out of controll!!!

Basile, Louisiana, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“VERY EDUCATIONAL!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

this was an interesting place! BUGS!!...everywhere! The 4D theatre inside was our favorite thing! It is definitely a must to experience! Also, the butterfly room is very cool

Richmond, VA
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“very cool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stopped in here because it was included in our VisiTicket - was very cool. Creepy crawlies everywhere - and very informed staff. The butterfly room was amazing - butterflies everywhere fluttering around. Would be a fantastic stop for kiddos who are into bugs.

1 Thank smb4x4