“Heavenly bakery items, delicious food”
Review of Cake Cafe

Cake Cafe
Ranked #3 of 64 Dessert in New Orleans
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Reviewed September 5, 2013

While visiting Tulane we came to this small cafe for breakfast. My daughter and I both had the Costa Rican breakfast. My friend had the salmon salad and her son had the tilapia and eggs dish. The meals were beautiful to look at and were so fresh and delicious. We had heard about the cupcakes, so we decided to treat ourselves. My daughter and I split a white cake cupcake with vanilla coconut frosting and a wedding cake cupcake- white cake with an almond vanilla frosting. Our friends also tried the wedding cake cupcake. The cupcakes were beyond delicious. We joked that the cafe should take videos of customers eating their cupcakes for the first time and run them on a loop in the window to entice potential customers passing by. They deliver from NOLA to NY so I expect we will be ordering some for delivery!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Ate here twice on my recent trip to NOLA. Had the raisin bread french toast the first visit and it was excellent as was the chicory coffee. Next visit just had the cinnamon roll with coffee. Excellent breakfast and lunch menu and its all made right there.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Great last minute breakfast before heading off on a cruise. Super nice wait staff, delicious cupcakes and fun outside seating with great people watching.

1  Thank jmk171
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This little cafe was a wonderful find and the perfect place to have our last meal in NOLA - it was a short walk from the Frenchman's Inn where we were staying and definitely seems to be a local favorite. The food was wonderful - my partner is from Costa Rica and so we were super excited to find the special that day was a "gallo pinto" (rice and beans) breakfast. We also tried some of the sweet and savory pastry items - all in all everything was delicious. We were there sans kid but it looks like a very family friendly place - i wish there was a place like this down the street from our home because we would probably be there every weekend with our kiddo!

2  Thank nidal k
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Beautiful desserts, a heaping of NO super-hospitality, a fine old building that has been left just derelict enough too feel "real". It's a tight list of musts in New Orleans with so many great choices, but this is a place I'll drop into anytime I am in town.

2  Thank ken d

Been to Cake Cafe? Share your experiences!