“Obviously, a labor of love”
Review of Cake Cafe

Cake Cafe
Ranked #4 of 63 Dessert in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
vientiene
“Obviously, a labor of love”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Beautiful desserts, a heaping of NO super-hospitality, a fine old building that has been left just derelict enough too feel "real". It's a tight list of musts in New Orleans with so many great choices, but this is a place I'll drop into anytime I am in town.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank ken d

Denver, Colorado
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I absolutely loved the atmosphere of this little cafe, it's incredibly laid back and the food is delicious. Totally wonderful, non-pretentious and enjoyable to visit.

Visited August 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
“A Gem in The Marigny”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

New Orleans is our favorite food city but we don't get to visit it as much as we would like. So when we do go, we like to eat at a different restaurant for each meal. This is the only restaurant that we've eaten at more than once. In fact we ate there 3 times out of 5 days. It is wonderful. We fell in love with their pastries. The Strawberry Delicousness and the Sundried Tomato and Goat Cheese pastries were two of our favorites.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Betty G
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great breakfast spot!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We really enjoyed it here—the cupcakes lookede amazing, as did a lot of the items in the case up front. As far as I know they’re only open for breakfast and lunch, and they’re definitely on the list for a return trip. If you get an entrée you get a cupcake for $1 but I had the French toast with orange pecan syrup and might have gone into a sugar coma had I had a cupcake! Our friends both got German Chocolate ones that looked amazing though…My French toast was great, couldn’t finish it even with my husband’s help. My husband and daughter a crab omelet that they both declared to be very good. I also had the fried potato salad, which I just couldn’t pass up! I love the vibe in Cake Café, as well as the patrons. The art on the walls is also super awesome—definitely a place worth checking out. Service was also good and our total for the French toast, crab omelet and two drinks was $26.89.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank LydiaGenevieve
Sedona, Arizona
“A true taste of NOLA”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We ate there three times during a 3 day visit to Royal Street Courtyard. Leaving town we were munching on one of their beagle sandwiches and drinking their great New Orleans Coffee.

Visited July 2013