“Oh yum--GREAT place for breakfast!”
Review of Cake Cafe

Cake Cafe
Ranked #4 of 64 Dessert in New Orleans
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Albuquerque, Nm
“Oh yum--GREAT place for breakfast!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Man, I love a good sammich, and the breakfast sammich here was delish! Huge flaky croissant, crispy bacon, all around tasty dish. (Okay, it lacked green chile but I'm from New Mexico so I'll let that pass.) Service was friendly and efficient. I didn't taste any of the sweets they had but man, I really wanted to as they looked very inviting.

It's a busy place with a minimum of tables inside and out; fortunately we got there fairly early and got a table. But by the time we left, there was quite a line and no place to sit. They run an efficient shop there though; get 'em in and get 'em out. Patrons seemed to recognize that this was not a place to linger. But choose your dining time accordingly.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank lyrix428

Tallahassee, Florida
“Great Breakfast in the Marigny”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Great, great little cafe on Chartres Street in the Marigny: Delicious breakfast fare and coffee, friendly staff. This place came recommended to me, and now I'm passing on the favor. Enjoy!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank JT C
Abilene, Texas
“Cake for breakfast? Why, yes!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We were looking for somewhere to pick up a quick breakfast and found this one recommended online. Oh my! I shared a delicious breakfast sandwich with my daughter - thick slabs of toasted challah bread with a perfectly cooked egg, ham, and cheese. Then I had a lemon cupcake to go with it - it was perfect in every way! The others in our party had fruit tarts (loved them), and a cinnamon bun. Prices were extremely reasonable - cupcakes $2, tarts $3, the sandwich was $6 or $7 but was huge. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly, helping talk through the choices and making recommendations. The restaurant has a funky little coffee shop vibe, with mostly locals enjoying their coffee and newspapers. It is off the beaten path but worth finding. I would absolutely go back - and you should go there, too.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank mamahahn98
Vicksburg, Mississippi
“Yum!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This little place was right across the street from where we stayed. Unfortunately I waited until our last day to eat here but it was great. I had the smoked salmon bagel plate and a red velvet cupcake. Oh my! So delicious. I highly recommend this little bakery!

• Visited June 2013
Bloomington, IN
“be adventurous”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The confections at the Cake Cafe are adventurous. We sampled the tart with brie, pesto, and Granny Smith apples and wedding cake cupcake. The tart was a savory experience. Anxious to have another! The cupcake featured almond cream frosting that was delightful.
We also had heard that the every seed bagel was wonderful, but we didn't think it lived up to the hype. It was good, but not great.

Visited June 2013