“Awesome!!!!”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This is one of those unexpected surprises that you are sometimes lucky enough to find. Just a very small bakery/cafe and totally yum!!! Go up to the counter, place your order and wait. My husband had an amazing shrimp omelet and I had the spinach/goat cheese omelet. They both were excellent. Unlimited serve your own coffee, what more could you ask for? Oh yeah, the huge, obviously homemade, biscuit served with the house made jam. Not expensive at all, worth every penny. A definite stop on another visit.

2  Thank Grandma6Boys

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We saw this restaurant on TripAdvisor and were happy we did. Good food and helpful service. A neat laid back place, off the beaten track. My breakfast wasn't as great as I am sure it would have been if I had asked a couple of questions. My mistake not theirs. My husbands was great. Stop here if in the area and you won't be sorry.

1  Thank jlg919
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Although Nola is known for its food, there does not seem to be a lot of breakfast options available during the week. Enter Cake Cafe. There was an extensive menu. My first choice was bound in and eggs but they ran out. So I opted for the catfish with eggs and grits. The eggs and catfish taste good. The fish was put on the grits. Would have preferred the grits on a separate dish. Biscuits were thick and couldn't finish them. The cupcakes which you could get for $1 with your meal had some of the best icing. .I had chocolate icing o. Vanilla cupcake. My wife had almond icing in the cupcake which also was excellent.

1  Thank MDuvalPA
Reviewed April 29, 2013

One of the few places where you can get vegetarian and vegan food in New Orleans. Eat where the locals eat

1  Thank SusieJ1953
Reviewed April 28, 2013

In 3 days we were there twice for breakfast. The shrimp omelet was spectacular only to be topped by their biscuits. I can recommend their cinnamon bun, as well. It's in a residential neighbor outside the Quarter but worth the walk/bus ride to get there.

1  Thank Gus B

Been to Cake Cafe? Share your experiences!