“Well, it's a room” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter

You added Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter to your Saves list
Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   124 St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Sip & Save
Ranked #60 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Monroe, Louisiana
“Well, it's a room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

One block off Canal this hotel is very close to the Quarter and all it has to offer which is a good thing as you probably wont be spending much time in your room! Average is a good description of the room, bed bathroom and TV, kind of what I would expect of Motel 6. Clean lobby but our room had an old toothbrush sticking behind the mirror so it made me wonder about the beds? Very nice front desk staff but the valet parking was lacking as there was very little space to pull off the street and the lot was blocks away so the wait for your car was very long and at $34.00 a day not cheap. There is a Starbucks in the lobby so don't expect any free coffee in the morning on your way out. Also a funny thing, our phones in the room had no info plate to let you know what button to push for Valet, front desk, service, etc. If you need a room and every other Marriott property is booked than this will do.

Room Tip: No suites of any kind and the rooms are all small and don't expect a view, we were on the 6th fl...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
CY-Downtown New... F, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
On behalf of my team of associates, I would like to thank you for staying with us. We realize there are many hotels to choose from in New Orleans, and appreciate that you selected to stay with us. At the Courtyard Downtown, guest satisfaction is our primary goal. All of our associates work hard to provide each of our guests with the utmost personal attention and care. We have noted your concerns and have address them accordingly. We really appreciate your feedback as it allows us the opportunity to ensure we provide top notch service and maintain Marriott high quality standards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
South Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Hotel is 1 block down and 1 block over from bourbon street - good walking access. A self park option is also availble for about half the vallet cost. It is like two blocks over but they are small blocks.

The saint charles street car passes right in front of the hotel, which is convenient but a little noisey. Might want to try for an upper floor room or maybe one that is in the building core. Desk/door staff were helpful.

Room had most all common ammenities and was well maintained. Bedding was in good shape offered a comfortable sleep(including pillows that were of slightly different firmness). But dont expect much as far as options on tv. Mostly just sports channels. Arrived on the weekend prior to halloween. Got to see the crew of boo halloween parade on canal. Just walked out the door and the parade was 50' away. As far as food options, many choices are near, but try the acme or felix oyster house for the freshest oysters. Acme usually has a waiting line at least 15deep.

Room Tip: Upper floor or possibly one not with the window on to st charles ave - streetcar noise,
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
CY-Downtown New... F, General Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
On behalf of my team of associates, I would like to thank you for staying with us. We realize there are many hotels to choose from in New Orleans, and appreciate that you selected to stay with us. At the Courtyard Downtown, guest satisfaction is our primary goal. All of our associates work hard to provide each of our guests with the utmost personal attention and care. We really appreciate your feedback as it allows us the opportunity to ensure we provide top notch service and maintain Marriott high quality standards.
Berthoud
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

This hotel is in a great location, just off canal street and right on the St. Charles streetcar line. The property is very clean and I found the security to be more than adequate. The lobby is open and relaxing and the rooms are very clean. The bathrooms were also very clean and the shower has to be one of the nicest I have ever used! The once flaw for me was no breakfast. This is the first courtyard I have stayed at with no breakfast and the breakfat counter they do have is way overpriced. I would probably stay again, but I would bvring my own breakfast!

Room Tip: We had a room on the third floor. Never waited for an elevator and it was very quiet. The view, ho...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
CY-Downtown New... F, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

$350 plus taxes meant that room 606 topped out at $400 a night for a room finished Super 8 style with no outside window! No complaints about the shower or bed comfort but the toilet space was as cramped. When I arrived there was no one at the lobby desk. In fact, it was hard to discern the lobby desk. I had to track down staff. I like Marriott, and 4 times out of 5 trips I use them, but this ranks as the worst experience I've had. A lot of that had to do with the internal room and the price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank JezFleming
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I didnt catch his name, black guy, glasses, didn't even look up at as as he frowned down at his desk. Didn't even get a hello until a young lady came over to check us in as the other guy seemed to busy to acknowledge our existence. Where was that famous southern hospitality? non existant here!

The rest of the stay was fine, bed was not greatly comfortable but the room was better than it looked in the photo's so i was surprised. I had no complaints about the room or the hotel it's self just some members of the staff. It's a great location too but for the price i expected more than just a place to flop your head.

Didn't try the breakfast which was a la carte as we headed onto Royal street just a few blocks away to Camailla Grill and had a hearty breakfast in a lively place!

All in all i would not stay here again as i'd like something with more character next time but we booked last minute and the hotel we wanted was fully booked. If you want to have something more from your hotel other than just a place to sleep between drinking then i'd look elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NaffSlack
On behalf of my team of associates, I would like to thank you for staying with us. We realize there are many hotels to choose from in New Orleans, and appreciate that you selected to stay with us. At the Courtyard Downtown, guest satisfaction is our primary goal. All of our associates work hard to provide each of our guests with the utmost personal attention and care. We have noted your concerns and have addressed all training opportunities. We really appreciate your feedback as it allows us the opportunity to ensure we provide top notch service and maintain Marriott high quality standards.
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is conveniently located near the French Quarter. Because I was not too familiar with New Orleans, we decided to select a brand name hotel. Marriott never disappoints! The hotel provided valet parking, which was reasonable.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
CY-Downtown New... F, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
On behalf of my team of associates, thank you for staying with us. We realize there are many hotels to choose from in New Orleans, and appreciate that you selected to stay with us.
NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I always try to stay at a Courtyard property whenever I travel because I know I will be getting a clean, comfortable room at a good rate; in other word, I value the consistency. Unfortunately, this was not the case at this property. We stayed for three nights. When the room was made-up after the first night, I noticed that the carpet had not been vacuumed. Consequently, when I left the following morning (after the second night), I made a point of asking the person at the front desk to ask Housekeeping to vacuum the carpet when they made-up the room. However, not only was the carpeting not vacuumed, but I realized that the bathroom had not been cleaned either and one of the two garbage cans had not been emptied. If these short-cuts were taken by Housekeeping, it makes me wonder what I may have missed the first night by not scrutinizing the room as closely as I might otherwise have done at another hotel ... fresh sheets?

The only good thing about this hotel is its location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank ruchelkeigal
On behalf of my team of associates, I would like to thank you for staying with us. We realize there are many hotels to choose from in New Orleans, and appreciate that you selected to stay with us. At the Courtyard Downtown, guest satisfaction is our primary goal. All of our associates work hard to provide each of our guests with the utmost personal attention and care. As standards, every vacant ready and occupied rooms are walked to ensure rooms are completely cleaned and short cuts are not taken. We have noted your concerns and have them addressed accordingly. We really appreciate your feedback as it allows us the opportunity to ensure we provide top notch service and maintain Marriott high quality standards. Again, thank you for staying with us!