“Very good hotel with excellent location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter

Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter
Ranked #69 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
New York City, New York
“Very good hotel with excellent location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just spent a week here and the hotel staff is very friendly, always saying hello and the door greeter always says, 'Welcome Back' when you return to the hotel. The room was clean, but the pillows on the bed were small, not the larger pillows found at most Marriott's. The front desk staff wore football t-shirts instead of Marriott outfits, which I found unprofessional and frankly, weird, but they were friendly and helpful. The hotel is 1 block from Bourbon street, making the location nearly perfect. A short walk to the casino and just down from beautiful Royal Street. This isn't the best Marriott I have stayed at, but it is in the top 5 overall and with its perfect location...I will definitely stay here again when I head back to the Big Easy..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Richardr285

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed here for four nights and were pleasantly surprised. Although the room is not huge, it is decent size and there was plenty of room for my sister and me. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was fine.
We never made it to the breakfast that was available but the staff was accomodating in allowing us to get a yogurt at no cost.
The location is great - it is a very easy walk to Bourbon Street, Jackson Square, Harrah's, Superdome, etc. We did not take public transportation at all during our stay here as we were able to walk everywhere.
There was a city wide water treatment problem where you were advised to not use the water to wash your face and brush your teeth. It lasted about 24 hours and the hotel provided plenty of bottled water.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank SDRivergirl
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

We just returned from a wonderful 4 day visit to New Orleans for a wedding. We were very happy with our hotel choice - it made getting around a dream as it really is right in the middle of everything a visitor could wish for. The hotel is a wonderful surprise as it looks like not much from the outside, amazing on the inside. Very spacious lobby area with a wonderful fireside living room for catching up with friends. Great breakfast dining area that was always filled with guests. The staff was friendly, the advice and help with getting around, doing tours etc was top notch. Our room was comfortable, bed was great, pillows got a gold star. However, I recommend requesting a room on the second floor. We were on the ground floor & our room was on a parking lot with cars pulled up right against our window which was a bit disconcerting. Otherwise, great value in a great city!

Room Tip: Definitely request second floor and up!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Katrynjie
South Kingstown, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed three nights at this Courtyard on St. Charles just blocks from the French Quarter and on the Canal and St. Charles Streetcar lines. We had a beautiful corner room and it was very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There is a JW Marriott right next door that charges over a $100 more a night, at least. St. Charles St. become Royal Street in the French Quarter. The hotel is near some of the best restaurants within Walking distance. It is not far to walk to Jackson Square or the Harrah's Casino. One can catch the Hop On Hop Off Tour Bus at Harrah's and also the Riverside Streetcar line. We enjoyed our stay here very much. Dennis of the door staff was very helpful all week.

Room Tip: Parking is valet and it is worth the cost to just leave one's car for the duration.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CptCelt
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

My wife and I stayed here while on a stop over on our way to Alabama. This hotel is very conviently located to all the attraction in the French Quarter, everything is an easy walk from this hotel. The rooms are very nice and the hotel in general is very updated and nice. I would reccomend valet parking if you happen to have a car. I would reccomend this hotel and am definately planning to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bullet113
Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stayed here easter weekend and had a great time. I do like the location of the property, as it is close to canal street and the French Quarter. Since the property is on St Charles I stongly suggest that you take the street car and tour St. Charles Ave. It's Lovely! However, for the price, I do not feel that this property will give you the bang for your buck. Thank God I was able to stay for 2 free nites due to a Marriott promotion; it appears that guests had to pay upwards to over $200 a nite! Ouch! The room was quite small but was clean and well appointed. The lobby area has the updated Courtyard vibe and I sat there and watched a Bulls game one afternoon, and met some nice guests. I never ate there, and wouldn't since there are so many better places to eat. Would I stay her again...Yes, but only if I get a promotional rate.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank DSTDiva
Thomasville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed here for one night on a recent business trip. The hotel was convenient to everything you'd want to do in New Orleans. It was quiet at night and the staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel appeared at all times to be clean and tidy. The bathroom had nice walk-in showers with new, updated tile. Overall a very modern hotel. A previous poster here mentioned bed bugs. I admit I did notice a three bug bites after I had departed, but I am not certain they came from bed bugs (not that I doubt the previous poster). I did an awful lot of walking around the city over the course of time I was there, so they could have come from anything as far as I know. New Orleans is pretty buggy this time of year.

Room Tip: Ask for a floor with a balcony on St. Charles.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business