“Great for Mardi Gras!”

Ranked #75 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Perth, Australia
“Great for Mardi Gras!”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Stayed here for Mardi Gras with friends. Hotel was conveniently located on french quarter of the city and been in the route for the parades. The crowds is just stroll away and bourbon street isn't far. It has nearby food stalls and convenient store to buy souvenirs. The room is standard but very clean, quiet, and nice. Bed and pillow is OK. Bath room is small but we have clean towels. Staff is hospitable and proactive to help us with Mardi Gras schedule and where to go on the city.

Room Tip: I don't have any suggestions but our room is in the 2nd floor and quite OK. No noise from street...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ravvlivius

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Birmingham
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I stayed here one night for work, the hotel was very clean and centrally located to the city. Staff was very nice and accommodating. The rooms were very spacious and clean, which is extremely rare for a hotel in New Orleans. We were able to walk to all of the good bars and restaurants very easily. I will definitively be staying here again.

Room Tip: I was on the third floor which had a nice view. My business partner was on the 2nd floor and had a...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Liked the hotel. It's clean, which is not always the case in N.O. (W Hotels, this means you!) Friendly staff had rooms ready early and were able to accommodate a 1230 checkout. Unfortunately, criminals have hacked into the phone system. They called my room, impersonating the front desk and said they had a computer problem last night and lost all customer info. I played along until they asked for cc info. When I visited the front desk to complain, the woman behind the counter carelessly said, "That's a scam. You're the 2nd one to tell me about it." My advice to hotel management: warn your patrons when they check in and get your phone system fixed.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Matt H
BATON ROUGE
Reviewed March 15, 2012

My Family & I stayed here over the weekend, this is a wonderful hotel. The cleanliness, location, & the Staff where amazing. I really love how they upgraded the hotel itself & the rooms. The showers in the bathrooms are so gorgeous, the location is perfect your only a block from Canal St. I will most def be returning to lodge here again.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank KIMMEBABY
Reviewed February 27, 2012

We stayed for couple nights on Mardi Gras and the location was perfect as it was right on main parade route, and only a couple of blocks from the French Quarter where all the fun chaos goes down. We had bigger rooms with 2 double beds and fridge, which we used as gathering place before hitting streets. Another couple with us got the smaller room with one king bed and no fridge, but the room was great for them two. Beds and pillows were comfortable, appearance was nice and contemporary.. can't really think of any negatives. I can't speak of room service since we were not there for that, but staff was very friendly and accommodating. We got lucky and got a great rare deal for the dates we stayed, but regular price is more than justified as this hotel feels more like 4 star rather than its 3 star rating. We would definitely recommend this hotel, especially for Mardi Gras!

Room Tip: If you really need a fridge and big room, request the 2 double bed room.. though the king bed room s...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Basilio5
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Perfect for our Mardi Gras visit! Our room was clean and nicely decorated. In fact, the lobby area also seems to have had a nice face lift recently. Breakfast staff was friendly and patient. Our family (me and husband, 2 daughters) all stayed in one room but housekeeping kept leaving us 3 bath towels so each day we had to ask for more towels. They brought them to us very quickly though. Had trouble with room phone which they quickly replaced. Location is perfect for watching parades, shopping downtown, exploring French Quarter.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank bocatherapist
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott in July on my first trip to New Orleans. The staff was very friendly and my room was clean although not overly nice (it could use an updating). The main negative was that I did not feel safe in that neighborhood. I was on a work trip and when I did need to be out on my own I did not feel very comfortable (to be fair New Orleans in general seems a bit scary, I am not sure if this street/area was actually bad or that was just the whole city). Also, the one night when I was there the smoke alarms and hotel evacuation system went off. Thankfully there wasn't a fire and I guess I should be glad that their systems work but it was pretty scary and caused a panic with myself and other guests.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business