Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter
Ranked #71 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
BATON ROUGE
“Great Place”
Reviewed March 15, 2012

My Family & I stayed here over the weekend, this is a wonderful hotel. The cleanliness, location, & the Staff where amazing. I really love how they upgraded the hotel itself & the rooms. The showers in the bathrooms are so gorgeous, the location is perfect your only a block from Canal St. I will most def be returning to lodge here again.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank KIMMEBABY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Reviewed February 27, 2012

We stayed for couple nights on Mardi Gras and the location was perfect as it was right on main parade route, and only a couple of blocks from the French Quarter where all the fun chaos goes down. We had bigger rooms with 2 double beds and fridge, which we used as gathering place before hitting streets. Another couple with us got the smaller room with one king bed and no fridge, but the room was great for them two. Beds and pillows were comfortable, appearance was nice and contemporary.. can't really think of any negatives. I can't speak of room service since we were not there for that, but staff was very friendly and accommodating. We got lucky and got a great rare deal for the dates we stayed, but regular price is more than justified as this hotel feels more like 4 star rather than its 3 star rating. We would definitely recommend this hotel, especially for Mardi Gras!

Room Tip: If you really need a fridge and big room, request the 2 double bed room.. though the king bed room s...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Basilio5
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Perfect for our Mardi Gras visit! Our room was clean and nicely decorated. In fact, the lobby area also seems to have had a nice face lift recently. Breakfast staff was friendly and patient. Our family (me and husband, 2 daughters) all stayed in one room but housekeeping kept leaving us 3 bath towels so each day we had to ask for more towels. They brought them to us very quickly though. Had trouble with room phone which they quickly replaced. Location is perfect for watching parades, shopping downtown, exploring French Quarter.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank bocatherapist
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott in July on my first trip to New Orleans. The staff was very friendly and my room was clean although not overly nice (it could use an updating). The main negative was that I did not feel safe in that neighborhood. I was on a work trip and when I did need to be out on my own I did not feel very comfortable (to be fair New Orleans in general seems a bit scary, I am not sure if this street/area was actually bad or that was just the whole city). Also, the one night when I was there the smoke alarms and hotel evacuation system went off. Thankfully there wasn't a fire and I guess I should be glad that their systems work but it was pretty scary and caused a panic with myself and other guests.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Sara J
Oklahoma CIty
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Stayed one Saturday night Jan 2012. We booked two rooms, one king for 2 and one double for 4 through marriott's website and rates were approx 220 and 260 per night including breakfast. Parking is valet and was approx 30 night.

Check in was fairly painless but tried to give us two kings so had to remind them that needed a double. No mention that my package that was preshipped had arrived. The staff member was having several different conversations with several different people while trying to help me.

Went to the rooms. The double was fine. The king was the smallest room I have ever stayed in (smaller than rooms in europe). I went down to inquire about my package and asked about the size of the room. The clerk responded that I must be in a room ending in 14 and that they were the smallest in the hotel as the are really just an adjoining bedroom to the corner suites. No offer to change room. (Not to be snobby but why would you put one of your elite members in the smallest rooms in your hotel? So much for inspiring brand loyalty)
During this conversation, the clerk was having other conversations that she initiated with other staff members and other guests walking by.

Late that evening, I decided to go for a walk and eralized that I left my jacket im my car in valet. I went downstairs and the lobby was empty except for 4-6 staff members in the lobby joking around. I had to ask who the valet was. After explaining what I needed, they went back to joking around. Finally, about 5 minutes later, another valet went and got my jacket.

Rooms were nice and comfortable. There was toothpaste on the door jam in our room. It was a nice clear green color that was easily noticeable about 3 1/2 feet up from floor next to the sink. Did not hear any noise. The king room was in the backside of a little hallway which was block by maid cart. Although the maid saw us lifting or luggage up and carrying sideways to get through, she made no effort or offer to miove it.

Breakfast was included in our rate so we went down for breakfast. The breakfast is in the lobby where you order at the counter. You basically get your choice from the menu which is somewhat limited. The food was decent. Service was horrible. we were not sure we were in the right place and waited at the counter to ask. The girl working the counter does not talk to you or recognize you until she is ready to. Not even a hello or be right with you. She looked like she needed more help behind the counter as she was preparing some of the breakfast items as well as drinks herseld while waiting on the counter. She only did one thing at a time and would not talk to youuntil wshe was finished with what she was doing. When she did help us, she was not friendly and left us to figure out how to get our drinks ...ie, take prepackage milk cartons from the cooler or would they bring out with the meal.

At check out time, valet brought car around and disappeared. No offer to help with luggage or directions.

I rated this hotel average because the facility is nice and as a general rule, service is poor
in New Orleans. However, I expect more from marriott brands and they did not live up to that expectation. The Comfort Suites by Carlson located several blocks away is a far better value and service is much better.

Location wise, it is very close to Bourbon.

Room Tip: Do not take a room with number ending ending in 14 as the are the smallest in hotel.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank okcJohn
Richmond,VA
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We stayed at the Courtyard for two nights the first week in January. The hotel has just completed a full renovation, so it feels brand new. Our room was standard, but very clean, updated and surprisingly quiet. The location was perfect and within walking distance to the French Quarter, Bourbon Street, and the Superdome.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank vt90
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed January 2, 2012

The lobby and the restaurant are beautiful. It's updated and looks exactly like what a property in a major city should look like. We stayed over the Christmas holiday weekend and the hotel was pretty quiet overall. Speaking of quiet, the room we were in faced a side street and we didn't hear any street noise at all during our two-night stay.

The staff was phenomenal. We were there Chistmas morning and the hotel had closed down the breakfast restuarant early because no one seemed to be eating there--well, until my husband and I showed up. Even though they were already closed, the Marriott employee who was just about ready to leave and go home to her family made sure we didn't go hungry and actually found breakfast sandwiches for us, heated them up, gave us fruit, yogurt and juices. Oh, and she didn't charge us for it.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple