See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Owner of hotel (Joan) operates an awful hotel. Do not book a room at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Ken M
empresshotel00, Public Relations Manager at Empress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Any reason why?

Reviewed April 1, 2012

A wonderful place to stay...just 5 min walking distance to Burbon Street...the accommodations are modest but definitely have a character and kept clean. Private bathrooms, free parking, free coffee on the balcony first thing in the morning..the staff are AWESOME - i arrived about 7 in the morning Sunday and check in was not til 4 pm. The hotel staff did their best to make me feel welcome AND at 10 AM i was already in my room. Would definitely stay there again when visiting New Orleans next time.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo

Thank you! We appreciate your business!

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Checked in on FRiday afternoon this past weekend and quick and easy check in! Parked right out on street in front of hotel as there was no parking left in parking lot. Car sat there until Sunday and was never bothered. Stayed in room 212. Yes- not like the Holiday Inn or even the Hampton but a good cheap place to lay your head.We had read the reviews and even stayed here once before so we brought a sleeping bag to put over the bed covers. The hot water was HOT and the air conditioner was COLD. People were loud walking the hallway but it didn't bother us much. We were only in the room to sleep and get ready. Had to wait a while to get a taxi. It was St Patty's day and town was busy! The taxi drivers reminded us not to walk in the area at night and we told them we already knew! It was a 8.50 cab fare to and from the casino. will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Get second floor as far back as possible!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank StephaniB69

Thank you! Come stay again :)

Reviewed March 7, 2012

I very much enjoyed my stay at the Empress Hotel. I had been running around trying to find a place for the night and walked in just looking for a place to sleep, and I was more than pleasantly elated!

The staff was accomodating, the clerk helped me get my things to my room, and I didnt really have much to carry. The entry was tidy, and even the flowers were neatly arranged. I think this place deserves kudos for actually placing something there that I still remember having seen even after I left.

The hotel was pretty quiet, and when you just want a good night's sleep this is definitely a bonus! My room was tidy, bed neatly made, the bathroom cleaned, and cozy. I'm a picky person, and this place really hit the spot for me, and I slept very soundly.

For the price I paid this hotel was worth it, and I ended up deciding to stay another night.

Thank you, Empress Hotel and staff. Next time I'm in New Orleans, expect to see me again!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo

Thank you! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 24, 2012

Thanks to the lady that owns/manages this facility. She was very accommodating to my octogenarian uncle who needed more than just a room but, the kindness and congeniality that was beyond the role of the typical hotelier. A great location to the world famous French Quarter/Vieux Carre with reasonable prices.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo

We were happy to accommodate you! Thank you we try to treat our guests like family.