Royal St Charles Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Fitness center
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$110
$99
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $144/night.

Hilton New Orleans Riverside(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$128
$116
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$104
$96
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $146/night.

$172
$158
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $200/night.

InterContinental New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$117
$110
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $154/night.

Hotel Monteleone(New Orleans)
$159
$136
Preferred Hotels
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of $230/night.

Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$107
Omni Hotels
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $129/night.

$161
$149
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $202/night.

Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$155
$134
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $208/night.

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 1, 2012

A wonderful place to stay...just 5 min walking distance to Burbon Street...the accommodations are modest but definitely have a character and kept clean. Private bathrooms, free parking, free coffee on the balcony first thing in the morning..the staff are AWESOME - i arrived about 7 in the morning Sunday and check in was not til 4 pm. The hotel staff did their best to make me feel welcome AND at 10 AM i was already in my room. Would definitely stay there again when visiting New Orleans next time.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
empresshotel00, Public Relations Manager at Empress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thank you! We appreciate your business!

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Checked in on FRiday afternoon this past weekend and quick and easy check in! Parked right out on street in front of hotel as there was no parking left in parking lot. Car sat there until Sunday and was never bothered. Stayed in room 212. Yes- not like the Holiday Inn or even the Hampton but a good cheap place to lay your head.We had read the reviews and even stayed here once before so we brought a sleeping bag to put over the bed covers. The hot water was HOT and the air conditioner was COLD. People were loud walking the hallway but it didn't bother us much. We were only in the room to sleep and get ready. Had to wait a while to get a taxi. It was St Patty's day and town was busy! The taxi drivers reminded us not to walk in the area at night and we told them we already knew! It was a 8.50 cab fare to and from the casino. will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Get second floor as far back as possible!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank StephaniB69

Thank you! Come stay again :)

Reviewed March 7, 2012

I very much enjoyed my stay at the Empress Hotel. I had been running around trying to find a place for the night and walked in just looking for a place to sleep, and I was more than pleasantly elated!

The staff was accomodating, the clerk helped me get my things to my room, and I didnt really have much to carry. The entry was tidy, and even the flowers were neatly arranged. I think this place deserves kudos for actually placing something there that I still remember having seen even after I left.

The hotel was pretty quiet, and when you just want a good night's sleep this is definitely a bonus! My room was tidy, bed neatly made, the bathroom cleaned, and cozy. I'm a picky person, and this place really hit the spot for me, and I slept very soundly.

For the price I paid this hotel was worth it, and I ended up deciding to stay another night.

Thank you, Empress Hotel and staff. Next time I'm in New Orleans, expect to see me again!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo

Thank you! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 24, 2012

Thanks to the lady that owns/manages this facility. She was very accommodating to my octogenarian uncle who needed more than just a room but, the kindness and congeniality that was beyond the role of the typical hotelier. A great location to the world famous French Quarter/Vieux Carre with reasonable prices.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo

We were happy to accommodate you! Thank you we try to treat our guests like family.

Reviewed January 26, 2012

Unless you plan to spend a lot of time in your hotel room - and who does that when they're visiting a place as unique and hopping as New Orleans? - I can heartily recommend a stay at the Empress Hotel, which is just a couple of blocks from the French Quarter. Location, location, location is what the Empress is all about, not that it doesn't offer other amenities. If you have a car, the Empress offers free parking, a nice perk in itself. And coffee on the outdoor balcony is a pleasurable way to meet other guests and exchange tips on sites to see and places to eat in the Big Easy. Believe me, save your money on a bed and pillow and spend it on what this lovely city has to offer. The Empress offers you that royal bargain!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo

Thank you! We have the best prices in the city!