2,135 results
All reviewsconverted warehousefrench quarterfree shuttlecruise terminalgreat hoteldirectly across the streethigh ceilingscomplimentary breakfastthe breakfast areavalet parkingattending a conferencewwii museumfull kitchenwithin walking distanceking suitesmall poolfront desk staff
Reviewed November 4, 2010

I've been to New Orleans in the past, and I was a little concerned that being so close to the convention center might mean a noisy, less than restful stay. I arrived in the evening, pulled right up to the valet stand (no self parking onsite) and was greeted without delay. Check in was quick and efficient. I received my keys, internet access code and a BOGO coupon for a cocktail in the bar, and headed up to my room. I opened the door and immediately thought I was in the wrong room. I opened into an entry with a full kitchen to the left, a dining area straight ahead, living room to the left beyond the kitchen. The bedroom was beyond the dining area, behind french doors. I opened the doors to the bedroom and was greeted with gorgeous floor to ceiling windows that ran along the wall. It was stunning. The king-size bed was very high, with a small step-stool next to it (which was great, I never could have climbed into bed without). I went back down to the desk to verify I was supposed to be in that room, as I was only paying $79 per night. I was told that was my room and that was the rate I was being charged. I happily returned to my room and tucked in for the night. The room was dark, cool and quiet when I scaled the bed and turned off the lights. The bed was very comfortable, my only concern was missing the steps when I got out of bed in the morning.
The hotel is a converted warehouse and is very well done. There is still alot of charm, but there are also great amenities.
Oh, that coupon for the BOGO drink in the bar I received on check in...there were no restrictions on what I selected. I could get beer, wine, a mixed drink, whatever I wanted. I got BOGO Woodford Reserve...and the price for the first wasn't jacked up to compensate for the free one. The staff (with the exception of one Valet who wouldn't look me in the eye or speak to me when I requested my car) were all professional, friendly and sincere.
The hotel offered a complimentary breakfast in the mornings, but I was not able to partake. It did look bountiful when I rushed past every morning.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank maglasm
Reviewed October 29, 2010

This Hampton Inn is right across the street from the convention center so I could go back to the room between meetings to take a break or to drop off items I didn't want to carry around with me during the day. It is only a 10-15-minute walk to the Riverwalk and Harrah's Casino. By the Riverwalk, we also caught the streetcar that goes to Canal Street and the French Quarter (for only $1.25 a trip, which beats driving in the convoluted streets and paying the parking rates by a long shot!). The streetcar driver was hilarious and the short ride was a real treat. The breakfast area in the hotel is huge and the attendants are very friendly and helpful; the breakfast is typical Hampton Inn, which is fine with us. It is in an updated warehouse which gives the lobby and bar (yes, a bar in a Hampton Inn!) a lot more personality than usual. You can pay the valet to park for almost $30 a day, or you can use the parking spaces along the street and pay the meter $1.50 an hour during the day. It is free after 6 p.m. Since my husband had the car out a lot during the day, the latter saved us a lot on parking. There's a small swimming pool area tucked into the courtyard, but it was too cool to use it. This was a pleasant surprise even though there had been a lot of good reviews for this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank TNTraveler19
Reviewed October 29, 2010

Just a quick walk to the River Walk for shopping, dining and river cruise, Casino, and Cable Cars. Very nice long walk to French Quarter but we love to walk. Secure parking, very freindly staff. Great breakfast included in price. I really enjoyed this location.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2010

We loved this hotel!

It was very clean and the staff was nice.

The rooms were great! We had a basic room, but it even came with a neat little kitchen-esque area that had a sink, fridge, dishes, microwave, counter and cabinets, etc. It also had a little couch and desk. TV was a big CRT that wasn't positioned well in relation to the bed, but it worked out okay. The bed was huge and comfy.

The location was kind of on the edge of the quarter area, so it was very convenient - you could either get in quickly or avoid it entirely. Also, the Hertz rental car place was very close. Being that it is in the business district there weren't tons of people just walking around all the time, which was uncommonly nice in this part of town.

The value was great! It was the best hotel for the money in the area.

They had free continental breakfast in the mornings that was good and sometimes cookies in the lobby.

They have valet parking, but it costs extra - you are kind of forced into it because there is nowhere else to park anyway. But is still reasonable when considered with the cost of the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2010

This hotel, in the warehouse district of New Orleans, offers wonderful "suite" accommodation at reasonable prices in a converted cotton warehouse (ask for that building - there is also a more modern addition with nice rooms, which we have also stayed at). High ceilings, a nicely furnished small kitchen and table for two, exposed brick wall, huge windows. Bed and bedding were clean and very good quality. We faced the park on St. Peter's Street, so we are not sure if the other side of the building, which is close to the I-10, would be noisy. Breakfasts, as usual for the Hampton Inn, were included in the price, and pretty good.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple