“Great value in New Orleans”

Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center
Ranked #24 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Ottawa, Canada
“Great value in New Orleans”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2010

This hotel, in the warehouse district of New Orleans, offers wonderful "suite" accommodation at reasonable prices in a converted cotton warehouse (ask for that building - there is also a more modern addition with nice rooms, which we have also stayed at). High ceilings, a nicely furnished small kitchen and table for two, exposed brick wall, huge windows. Bed and bedding were clean and very good quality. We faced the park on St. Peter's Street, so we are not sure if the other side of the building, which is close to the I-10, would be noisy. Breakfasts, as usual for the Hampton Inn, were included in the price, and pretty good.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
American Falls, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

We got in really late,prior to a cruise sailing and the staff helped get all 8 of us settled ,including a 5mos old baby! They couldn't have been nicer!! Even made sure we got a special shuttle buss to the ship-which by the way we could see from our hotel room!! That just added to the start of a great vacation. I would stay there again in a heart beat.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2010

Service was great, front desk staff incredible friendly and knowledgeable
Room very nice and spacious
Location close to local restuarants, bars and convention center but the French Quarters is about 12 plus blocks away. Walking was good because it completed our sightseeing tour:-) The first day we started out walking to the French Quarters about 5 blocks away from hotel we got a cab cost $9.00 for three of us.
I have had better continental breakfast but it served its purpose.
My only disappointment was the old television, hotel was so nice I think they should upgrade to plasma/flat screen.
I loved that it was and old warehouse it has much character and I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2010

Great large suites with kitchens. Friendly and helpful staff.

We loved our room. Very big, huge bed, nice little kitchen, big bathroom, very large windows and good housekeeping.

The breakfast isn't bad either, and is included in the price.

Quite central, downtown is only 5 minutes walk away, or a short cab ride.

I will stay there again when I am back in the city.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Orange, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2010

I have nothing but good to say about this hotel. We just got back from a cruise and this Hampton Inn made it "smooth sailin". Yeah, that is corny but the truth! The hotel itself is beautiful, the rooms are immaculate. We did a cruise and park package. The parking garage is totally secure. I did not have a second thought about leaving anything in the car. They delivered us to the terminal and were there to pick us up. We got back to the hotel and honestly, we were in our car, fully loaded and on the way in 5 minutes. The staff was awesome. The night we came in, the bellman asked me several times if I needed anything. French Quarter is within walking distance IF you want to walk. We took a cab.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank catbeckster
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2010

I checked into Hampton Inn on Friday, 7/30 for a convention. The hotel does not have an airpoort shuttle, so we used other transportation. We were a part of 15K visiting N.O. for a convention. Check in was quick and the staff was awesome. I wish I could remember the name of the gentleman that checked me in as he was wonderful. The hotel is very quaint and was clean when we entered. The rooms and lobby areas remained clear our entire stay. We had some very minor challenges with housekeeping, but nothing that would keep us from returning or detailing here.

The daily breakfast was actually quite good. I was not expecting much and was surprised in the daily variety of foods.

The hotel is DIRECTLY across from Hall E of the convention center and easily accessible by foot or taxi.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2010

The hotel was ok, my room was really cold and even when I tried to adjust the temperature it stayed the same. I didn't complain to the front desk though because I didn't mind it being cold, since it was 100 outside! There was also a really weird smell in the room , I couldn't pin point it, it was musty, moldy or maybe smoke but I was in a non-smoking room and I was on the 6th floor so it wasn't becasue I was in a basement. either...I did call the hotel and they assured me that it was a non-smoking room and they could send somebody up to see what the smell was, but I thought I was being picky so I declined. Overall, the hotel was nice and clean, the people at the front desk were really nice and helpful too. The location is bad if you want to do any sightseeing. It's too far to walk to Bourbon Street and any other attraction, you will spend a lot of money on cabs. But I was there for a conference and it's a great location for that. All I had to do was walk across the street. I switched hotels for the weekend so I could be closer to the attractions, I would recommend doing that if you want to enjoy New Orleans at night. Also, there are no hotel shuttles anywhere, so when I needed a cab to get to my other hotel, they charged us a flat fee of $10, I think that's what it was, even though it would have been cheaper if I had them drop me off at the restaurant next door, then it would have only cost $5. I didn't use the pool, but I walked over to it and it was very small..

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business