Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Convention Center
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$238
$199
  • Breakfast included
$384
$328
Waldorf.com
  • Restaurant
The Whitney Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$249
$385
$299
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$272
$250
  • Pool
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$363
$287
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$249
$223
$269
  • Fitness center
$332
$265
2,017 results
All reviewsconverted warehousefrench quarterfree shuttlecruise terminalgreat hoteldirectly across the streethigh ceilingscomplimentary breakfastthe breakfast areavalet parkingwwii museumattending a conferencefull kitchenwithin walking distancevalet staffking suitewould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 7, 2009

Stayed at this hotel during the SHRM 09 Conference. Hotel is excellent - 1/4 block from the Convention Center. Rooms are large, clean, lobby is large, comfortable, breakfast was wonderful at 6 am and at 10 am - hostesses were polite and constantly cleaning and restocking. Christopher at the front desk was full of information about New Orleans and tips for our sightseeing.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank Jeanne M
Reviewed May 8, 2009

This is an unusual Hampton Inn both in terms of size (it's quite large) and the fact that it is in an old warehouse. I did not stay on the warehouse side, but in the Riverside building facing the convention center. I heard from colleagues that the rooms in the warehouse building were larger (my "King Study" was smallish).

Breakfast and bar areas are spacious and well-decorated. Staff was very friendly. Wish there was a phone on the desk in my room, but at least the one by the bed had a long cord so I ould move it to the desk. My very basic room did have a microwave and small refrigerator.

The location is the big selling point of this property as it is directly across from the convention center. It is about a 10 minute walk to Harrah's Casino which is about half-way to the French Quarter. Riverwalk is very close and as it is on the edge of the CBD, some funky restaurants are nearby.

I was there for the beginning of Bike Week (think Harley-Davidson, not Schwinn) and as I was coming back one night there was a very loud outdoor concert taking place just a block away. I was concerned about being kept awake, but my room was perfectly quiet.

One big plus - the HVAC unit kept an amazingly constant temperature and WITHOUT the clunking noise many make when the A/C compressor kicks in. It was quiet and comfortable 24/7. One big minus - water pressure in the shower is not very good.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank grobma
Reviewed April 23, 2009

I was part of a large group that stayed at this Hampton Inn for about a week in March. We were moved to this hotel from another location at the last minute...long story there...and the staff could not have been more accommodating. Katie and Charlene were particularly helpful, but each employee we had contact with was great. This particular Hampton Inn is set in a re-furbished factory, and it's more hip and urban than other Hampton Inns I've been to. The lobby is huge and has several comfy sitting areas, and the breakfast nook was always clean and well stocked. The rooms were also really comfortable and clean. Also, there's a small swimming pool located in the courtyard of the building, surrounded by a cute patio. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to New Orleans. The convention center is across the street, and it's not too far to get to bars, restaurants, and the French Quarter. Furthermore, this hotel is close to a major thoroughfare through the city, so getting there by car is very easy. It was a great stay for my colleagues and myself, and I'll definitely stay there again should I be in New Orleans!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Rlove
Reviewed January 4, 2009

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Convention Center for the 2009 Sugar Bowl as part of the halftime entertainers which was made up of 160 high school dancers and chaperones. Most hotels are less than thrilled when you arrive with an army of teenagers, but the staff at the Hampton was absolutely wonderful. They could not have been more accommodating. The hotel is lovely; both public areas and rooms are clean and comfortable. I really cannot say enough about the staff and how well we were treated. We will definitely stay at this Hampton on our next trip to New Orleans.

• Stayed: December 2008
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed January 3, 2009

I am shocked that this hotel only has a 2 star rating. I travel quite a bit and this does not seem on par with 2 stars. I really enjoyed this hotel. It should have a higher rating. The rooms are clean and very well attended. The lobby has wonderful little touches such as fresh flowers and at 5pm warm cookies. They have a delightful breakfast buffet so much better then other chain hotels. Warm food and all. We stayed there for 2 weeks and the hotel staff was always friendly and kind. Our 6 yr old boy says this hotel is so good, he loved it!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family