Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Convention Center
Ranked #18 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed July 21, 2014

This hotel had everything we needed. Good location, good breakfast and helpful staff. We had a great time and we loved this Hampton Inn and suites. Will stay here again in the future when we visit New Orleans

3  Thank Traveler0310
Write a ReviewReviews (1,952)

Reviewed July 20, 2014

The hotel was directly across the street from the convention center. Everyone was kind and friendly. Perry is a wealth if information! Loved getting the scoop on New Orleans activities. Breakfast was great. Rooms were clean but not cleaned well every day. Carpet in room needed vacuumed daily and that did not happen. Tub was not cleaned daily either.

Room Tip: No bad rooms
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Lucyhockey
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I was a bit worried when reading some of the reviews but I should have trusted my gut instinct. I'd emailed the hotel before our arrival asking for transfer information and they were spot on. Taxi from NO airport for 4 people is much cheaper than the shuttle so when we arrived at the front of the hotel I knew this was going to be all good....and it was better than that.
From the moment we checked in, the staff couldn't have been more helpful. Our room is massive, clean and what's more, has a fridge AND microwave oven. The bar opens at 5 and we were treated to not only a FREE drink but fresh out of the oven cookies were also FREE!
The décor fits the theme we were hoping for and breakfast....well there is definitely something for everyone and MORE!
Such a friendly atmosphere and you really do feel safe and secure here.
An AWESOME place to stay and I thoroughly recommend you stay here in New Orleans

Room Tip: No street noise whatsoever was heard. The block out curtains ensure a darkened room for quality slee...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sharon_Boyle
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Glad I choose this location it is centrally located walking distance to many main attractions Convention Center, French Quarters, Canal Street, Shopping, Dining, and Casino. Easy access to major Hwys. Many more Dining area located around and in the Oakwood Shopping Mall 10 minutes away across Mississippi River Bridge located in Gretna LA.

3  Thank Farlesher M
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I have just returned from a fabulous holiday and what a way to end same to spend 3 nights at this hotel. The hospitality excelled my expectations by far and I would recommend this hotel as the location is great for everything you are just 5 mins away from the tram into New Orleans and during my whole trip to the USA I would say this hotel was the best. Hope to be back real soon. We were all greated with a fabulous smile by Perry, so keep up the good work Perry.

Room Tip: I was in room 542 and we had an excellent view could not have wished for better. Only thing I would...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Cheyanne2013
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Hotel was average, the problem is the smell of the room, which was explained that is a problem throughtout the hotel. Staff was attentive and friendly with the exception of the conciege, who was not helpful to me at all when asked for recommendations for Dinner. I ended up going to an adjacent hotel to ask for dinner resturant suggestion.s

3  Thank Melanie B
Reviewed July 10, 2014

My husband and I decided to take a 1 day trip to New Orleans because I'd never been there... I chose this hotel because the reviews were good, location seemed safe, and I liked the history of it originally being a warehouse. First, it was very easy to find(right off the interstate). But our complaint is that we were not informed of the $33.50 per day of parking in the covered parking deck. If you choose not to park here you have to parallel park on the street and you may be able to find a park 3 blocks down the road. So this was an expense we did not factor in. The location is decent to the "happening" part of New Orleans. We decided to walk to bourbon street and on the map it didn't seem far. Boy were we wrong. 1.5 miles in blistering heat was a challenge. Needless to say we took a taxi the rest of the time (10.00) not that expensive to get where we wanted to go (beware of the taxi drivers taking you"site seeing" on the way to your destination). The staff was very helpful and I like that we could call concierge and they would call a taxi for us. The rooms were very clean and updated. We especially liked the buy one get one free drink vouchers we received upon check in. Be sure to order the traditional new Orleans "hurricane" from bartender Laura she was very nice! Overall, a wonderful first time to New Orleans! Unfortunately, 9 people were shot on Bourbon Street the night we were there and the city itself is pretty dirty so we probably won't be returning. But it's definitely something everyone should see once. Definitely recommend this hotel for a relaxing, away from the commotion place to stay!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple