Researched for a few days on the top hotels in New Orleans according to TripAdvisor. This was was rated #11 at the time, and was the highest rated in our budget. Somehow we got this room for $99 a night (from hotels.com). I've gotten much less for a lot more - so that price was a deal to me!
Here's what we liked:
-Yes, parking in New Orleans seems to be an issue, and unfortunately yes the hotel does charge for parking ($33 each day). HOWEVER, their staff was not rude whatsoever about us wanting to find another parking option. We lucked out by finding an open spot on the road the hotel was on the night we arrived, Parking in metered spaces is free from 6pm-8am in New Orleans. We arrived past 6pm so we didn't even have to pay until the next morning. If you are wanting to sight-see and not come back to the hotel every two hours, I HIGHLY recommend doing the paybyphone.com option. Set it up once with a credit or debit card, pay for your spot with the unique street number and by ID'ing your car's plates, and never touch the meter. We were in the middle of the French Quarter when our parking would expire (I was notified via text!) and I quickly repaid on my smart phone, got it done in 30 seconds, and we went back to shopping. There is a 2 hour limit so every two hours you'll have to pay again, but for us it was amazing to just pay the $3.35 for every 2 hours and forget about it. I know this isn't technically part of the hotel, but I would encourage you not to let the parking price deter you from this awesome place.
-You can easily walk to the streetcar stop at Julia St. and be in the French Quarter (buy the $3 day pass so you can ride as much as you want), yet our hotel was always quiet because it was away from the hustle and bustle
-Staff was extremely helpful. Bellmen remembered us and asked us about our day when we arrived back each night.
-Free breakfast was AWESOME. Have something different each day. Since we'd have to move our car and drive for a while to find any breakfast close, it was perfect knowing we could just go downstairs. Was never crowded, was constantly being restocked by very attentive staff.
-Was a little worried about how small the pool looked in photos, and while it isn't the biggest pool I've ever been in, it never ended up being a problem.
-Taking the advice from other reviewers, we asked for a room in the older part of the hotel so we could have the warehouse feel. Did not disappoint. Great view of the park, high ceiling, old windows, brick wall on one side. It was a unique room unlike most from a chain hotel.
If you want to stay in the middle of everything, this hotel isn't for you. However, if you are coming for a leisurely visit to New Orleans, don't want to spend an arm and a leg and yet still want to feel like you're staying in luxury accommodations, stay here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A restored property housed in a historic landmark building, the Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Convention Center provides unique, luxurious accommodations in an ideal location. Set amid the vibrant Arts & Warehouse District, across from the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, our upscale New Orleans hotel is the perfect home base for business travelers. It's also situated near popular leisure attractions, including Riverwalk Market Place, Louisiana Children's Museum, National World War II Museum, Riverboat Cruises and the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. With spacious, beautifully-appointed rooms, free Wi-Fi, a hot daily breakfast, premium amenities and good, old-fashioned Southern hospitality, our New Orleans Convention Center hotel provides an unforgettable lodging experience in one of the world's most unforgettable destinations. Don't forget to visit our Warehouse Bar, located in the lobby, during your stay. The historic and laid back atmosphere is a great place to unwind after a long day and to gather with friends to enjoy a few cocktails before hitting the town. Not to mention all guest 21+ will receive a buy one, get one free drink coupon at check-in! The Warehouse Bar is open daily from 5-11 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Hotel New Orleans
- Hampton Inn And Suites Convention Center
- Hampton Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Hampton Inn