“Thanks for your Customer service”

Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Convention Center
Ranked #17 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Had booked a few Hampton Inns and found that we had to change our plans for this one, so I was horrified to discover that we had a 90 day cancellation period. At first Reservations were going to hold us to a one night cancellation fee and we asked to speak to the manager. He said he'd get back to us as he was swamped with work, so we thought that would be the last we would hear. Within an hour, Jack had left a message to say it was all cancelled with no charge!! Big shout out to Jack - that's the sort of customer service that keeps me coming back to Hampton Inn. Sorry I can't review the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank kezzaaustralia_12
Write a ReviewReviews (1,952)

Reviewed June 27, 2014

The rooms are much too outdated. I had a friend come over briefly and even she was set back on the lack of everything. There really is a potential to this place but I do not believe anyone would invest in it. The ONLY pro to this hotel is that it is the closest one to the convention center. Otherwise, you should stay elsewhere because there are many more hotels in the area not too much further away. This is actually away from everything else in NOLA.

Room Tip: Choose a good room elsewhere.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Charlene M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time out to share your experience with us. I apologize that the hotel did not live up to your expectations on this visit. We have plans in the near future to provide continued improvement to the property. I am confident that this progress will help make the Hampton Inn and Suites your hotel of choice in the future. I would love to follow up with you for any other suggestions for improvement. Feel free to contact me at any time to discuss your stay in further detail. I can be reached at (504)-566-9990 or by email at Martinez@highpointe.com . We do hope that we have the chance to wow you in the near future!

Reviewed June 25, 2014

First time in New Orleans and our stay at the Hampton Inn was convenient to the French Quarter and the Riverwalk. Great breakfast and staff were very friendly. Did not have time to get to the swimming pool but it looked very inviting. The weather was very hot and muggy but the air conditioning in the hotel was just right to cool down.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
2  Thank Michael W
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Staying at the Hampton was a pleasure. Will stay again when in the area. great breakfast also! Helpful and Friendly staff. Clean rooms and walking distance to the french quarter and riverwalk, aquarium, steamboat rides and great restaurants

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed June 24, 2014

My family stayed with me at the hotel while I was there to host an event. With the "old New Orleans" decor, it's comfortable, safe and conveniently located. It's the best. We hosted a class reunion in a reception hall. The food was excellent with an Asian pasta station, gumbo and much more. The service was "spot on". We have done events there for the past 10 years and we will return for many more.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank KJS330
Reviewed June 22, 2014

This was a very nice hotel in a great location in walking distance of WWII Museum, French Quarter, River and Farmer's Market. If you are not a walker, there are taxi's and trollies available. The staff was very welcoming and helpful. There was a bar and fitness facility as well as laundry room and pool. There was plenty of room in the lobby to sit and relax. There was free breakfast each morning which had considerable choices. There were places close by to pick up a sandwich order pizza and such but the hotel doesn't offer room service. The decor although pleasant is a little tired and could use to be refreshed. I had a lovely suite and enjoyed my stay here and would choose this hotel again.

Room Tip: 509 was a suite with a separate bedroom and kitchenette. It was sunny and pleasant.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank ohtracey2010
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

I love New Orleans and the Hampton Inn sweetened my experience!!! On prior visits I stayed in the French Quarter on Bourbon Street; on this visit I wanted to party and relax, the Hampton Inn was the right place! It was close to the happenings and relaxing too!!! The food was great, service was awesome, pools and bar quaint and relaxing!!! When I wanted the night life, it was within walking distance!
A piece of Southern Hospitality I found in a city that never sleeps!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends