Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$133
$126
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
InterContinental New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$135
InterContinental
  • Pool
Royal St Charles Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$199
  • Fitness center
$193
$158
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $197/night.

Hilton New Orleans Riverside(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$128
$116
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $158/night.

Hotel Monteleone(New Orleans)
$199
$157
roomertravel.com
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $246/night.

Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$143
$381
$329
$219
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$251
$215
2,111 results
All reviewsconverted warehousefrench quarterfree shuttlecruise terminalgreat hoteldirectly across the streethigh ceilingscomplimentary breakfastthe breakfast areavalet parkingattending a conferencewwii museumfull kitchenwithin walking distanceking suitesmall poolfront desk staff
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for the last three nights of our tour of the Deep South, and this was our favourite of the 6 hotels we stayed in. The warehouse has been lovingly restored and decorated, with old-fashioned furniture and gorgeous polished wooden floor in the communal areas. Bedroom was spacious and comfortable, as was the bathroom. The included buffet breakfast was well received. The pool area was clean, with towels and sun loungers included. Hotel is a short walk to the trolley bus at Julia Street, where you jump on a trolley bus into the heart of the French Quarter for only $1.50.
Loved the hotel, and would stay here again like a shot if we were in the area again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sladie
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Hampton Inn. the attendants were very friendly, rooms nice an clean, as well as the bathrooms, even in the lobby. The pool area was attractive an clean..they even had ice water outside & towels..the lobby even served iced water & cookies serving when we arrived. the contential breakfast was the best that i have eaten in a hotel with contential breakfast, with good hot coffee also served. Everything was very fresh an contantly served. We didnt have to ever wait on anything as i have at other hotels. The hotel rates were good for the great service myself and my husband recieved. the air conditioning was great. I Like the they have refridgerators an micro-waves, where as the Hilton that some of my family reunion guest are staying in the coming weeks do not for as much as they are paying..I was there for a class reunion and all of my classmates felt the same as my self. oh i forgot to mention that i had a nice view from my window. the lighting was grate, i love plenty of light n my bed room for reading. oh and the bar was great with great drinks, u buy one and get one half off. with my compmentary card. my classmates and i took lots of pictures in your very beautiful lobby. all an all i am ready to come back to new orleans, i rode the train there an also enjoyed that ride.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed at Hampton Inn convention center in NOLA 06/24/13 to 06/28/13 for convention. Nice southern style atmosphere in Lobby and room. Front desk and concierge friendly and informative. Buffet hot breakfast every am a great time saver and start to a busy day whether in town for conference or sight seeing. I found the room to be clean, quiet and comfortable with view of park. drawbacks were no hot tub or full service restaurant and approx. 1 mile walk to French Quarter. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: ask for warehouse wing
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I am staying at Hampton Inn's quite often all over the USA (gold hh member). And this Hampton is just across the street to the Convention Center. We were staying with 5 colleagues and so we had 5 rooms. There are certainly difference: some were not well maintained and cleaned, where other rooms seem to be just new. I was lucky I think. So no complains from my side regarding the room. The complaint that we have was that the waitress at the bar was too busy chatting all the time with other guests and kept us waiting when we were waiting to order at the bar. To make sure that she received a tip she just added the "large group" invoice line of 18%. For your info, we were just in the bar with 3 persons. She did not do any good job for that, we were always expected to pick up our drinks at the bar. After making my colleagues aware of that behaviour, some were checking their previous bills, they did not notice that 18% was added by her and added their own tip (another 15% on top of that!). That is just not OK.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
aliciadhoffmann, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding your recent stay. We are currently looking into the situation and would love to speak with you directly about your experience. Please feel free to contact me at 504-566-9990 or martinez@highpointe.com. I look forward to speaking with you.
- Charlene Martinez, Hotel Manager

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I was here for a conference and related project this past week. I tend to stay at Hamptons when I travel with family on vacation trips. But for this business trip, I had a miserable stay. This hotel did not have the amenities I need for a business trip (my company booked us into this hotel to get a low group rate).
The lobby and common areas and even the hallways are lovely, updated. Even the hallways are cheery and light. Once you open the door to the room, it all changes. My room (Room 757) was dark, dingy and depressing. The window had a thick vinyl curtain with no privacy drape. So I had a choice of either having natural light and no privacy or no natural light and privacy. It seems very strange that they would not have a privacy drape as well as the heavy vinyl curtain , just to save on lighting costs. Since I had to leave my drape closed the whole time, I had my lights on all the time. It contributed to a claustrophobic and depressing environment. The carpeting is old and dated as are the furnishings. The carpet is damp due to the humidity and is uncomfortable to walk on barefoot. There is no desk which makes it awkward for a business traveler. And the lighting is dim too. Strangely, they had a post-it note on one of the bed headboards that read "The bedding is fresh and clean" or to that effect. I thought it was strange that they have to point that out. The bathroom was clean but definitely in need of renovation. Lots of mold on the grout, wallpaper peeling away near the ceiling. The bathtub was circa 1990s and very dated. The towels are damp due to the humidity of the region. But I talked with others staying at other hotels who did not experience damp towels. I could not get a hot shower even though it was later in the day. Also, the air conditioning is noisy and runs constantly. There is no thermostat control. The one thing that they did get right was that there were many power outlets on the night stand and on the table.

Finally, I discovered 3 large cockroaches in my room on my 2nd day. I flagged down the housekeeper and she vacuumed them up but it was very unpleasant to know I could be seeing more of them. I was not feeling well that day and just hoped there would not be any others. I did not have the energy to be packing up and changing rooms or having a bunch of people coming in and inspecting, although I would have gladly checked out and moved down the street to the Marriott or Hilton. Are cockroaches common to hotel rooms in New Orleans?

I had an early flight out on check-out day and asked the night before, if they could order me a cab to be ready at 4:00 AM. When I didn't see one out there, I asked the person at the front desk and she said, "well go look out the window, I'm sure they are there.". I did, and it wasn't. Getting a cab at that hotel is not easy because the entrance is on a side street off the busy street. And I did not feel safe walking in the evening in that area.
This Hampton Inn is not set up to be a business hotel: no restaurant on-site or even closeby. If you miss the free breakfast in the morning, that's it for food. And it's a 3 block walk any to any place that serves food. The closest one I found was at the Marriott Hotel that had its own Starbucks and restaurant.
I don't have a problem with Hampton Inns, but will not be back to this one.

Room Tip: I took the advice of another reviewer and asked for a room in the newer refurbished tower, but it didn't make any difference. Ask for a room nearer the main elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business