“EXCELLENT”

Ranked #22 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
JACKSON, United States
“EXCELLENT”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Hampton Inn. the attendants were very friendly, rooms nice an clean, as well as the bathrooms, even in the lobby. The pool area was attractive an clean..they even had ice water outside & towels..the lobby even served iced water & cookies serving when we arrived. the contential breakfast was the best that i have eaten in a hotel with contential breakfast, with good hot coffee also served. Everything was very fresh an contantly served. We didnt have to ever wait on anything as i have at other hotels. The hotel rates were good for the great service myself and my husband recieved. the air conditioning was great. I Like the they have refridgerators an micro-waves, where as the Hilton that some of my family reunion guest are staying in the coming weeks do not for as much as they are paying..I was there for a class reunion and all of my classmates felt the same as my self. oh i forgot to mention that i had a nice view from my window. the lighting was grate, i love plenty of light n my bed room for reading. oh and the bar was great with great drinks, u buy one and get one half off. with my compmentary card. my classmates and i took lots of pictures in your very beautiful lobby. all an all i am ready to come back to new orleans, i rode the train there an also enjoyed that ride.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
philadelphia pa
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed at Hampton Inn convention center in NOLA 06/24/13 to 06/28/13 for convention. Nice southern style atmosphere in Lobby and room. Front desk and concierge friendly and informative. Buffet hot breakfast every am a great time saver and start to a busy day whether in town for conference or sight seeing. I found the room to be clean, quiet and comfortable with view of park. drawbacks were no hot tub or full service restaurant and approx. 1 mile walk to French Quarter. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: ask for warehouse wing
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Turnhout, Belgium
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I am staying at Hampton Inn's quite often all over the USA (gold hh member). And this Hampton is just across the street to the Convention Center. We were staying with 5 colleagues and so we had 5 rooms. There are certainly difference: some were not well maintained and cleaned, where other rooms seem to be just new. I was lucky I think. So no complains from my side regarding the room. The complaint that we have was that the waitress at the bar was too busy chatting all the time with other guests and kept us waiting when we were waiting to order at the bar. To make sure that she received a tip she just added the "large group" invoice line of 18%. For your info, we were just in the bar with 3 persons. She did not do any good job for that, we were always expected to pick up our drinks at the bar. After making my colleagues aware of that behaviour, some were checking their previous bills, they did not notice that 18% was added by her and added their own tip (another 15% on top of that!). That is just not OK.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
aliciadhoffmann, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding your recent stay. We are currently looking into the situation and would love to speak with you directly about your experience. Please feel free to contact me at 504-566-9990 or martinez@highpointe.com. I look forward to speaking with you.
- Charlene Martinez, Hotel Manager
Seattle
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I was here for a conference and related project this past week. I tend to stay at Hamptons when I travel with family on vacation trips. But for this business trip, I had a miserable stay. This hotel did not have the amenities I need for a business trip (my company booked us into this hotel to get a low group rate).
The lobby and common areas and even the hallways are lovely, updated. Even the hallways are cheery and light. Once you open the door to the room, it all changes. My room (Room 757) was dark, dingy and depressing. The window had a thick vinyl curtain with no privacy drape. So I had a choice of either having natural light and no privacy or no natural light and privacy. It seems very strange that they would not have a privacy drape as well as the heavy vinyl curtain , just to save on lighting costs. Since I had to leave my drape closed the whole time, I had my lights on all the time. It contributed to a claustrophobic and depressing environment. The carpeting is old and dated as are the furnishings. The carpet is damp due to the humidity and is uncomfortable to walk on barefoot. There is no desk which makes it awkward for a business traveler. And the lighting is dim too. Strangely, they had a post-it note on one of the bed headboards that read "The bedding is fresh and clean" or to that effect. I thought it was strange that they have to point that out. The bathroom was clean but definitely in need of renovation. Lots of mold on the grout, wallpaper peeling away near the ceiling. The bathtub was circa 1990s and very dated. The towels are damp due to the humidity of the region. But I talked with others staying at other hotels who did not experience damp towels. I could not get a hot shower even though it was later in the day. Also, the air conditioning is noisy and runs constantly. There is no thermostat control. The one thing that they did get right was that there were many power outlets on the night stand and on the table.

Finally, I discovered 3 large cockroaches in my room on my 2nd day. I flagged down the housekeeper and she vacuumed them up but it was very unpleasant to know I could be seeing more of them. I was not feeling well that day and just hoped there would not be any others. I did not have the energy to be packing up and changing rooms or having a bunch of people coming in and inspecting, although I would have gladly checked out and moved down the street to the Marriott or Hilton. Are cockroaches common to hotel rooms in New Orleans?

I had an early flight out on check-out day and asked the night before, if they could order me a cab to be ready at 4:00 AM. When I didn't see one out there, I asked the person at the front desk and she said, "well go look out the window, I'm sure they are there.". I did, and it wasn't. Getting a cab at that hotel is not easy because the entrance is on a side street off the busy street. And I did not feel safe walking in the evening in that area.
This Hampton Inn is not set up to be a business hotel: no restaurant on-site or even closeby. If you miss the free breakfast in the morning, that's it for food. And it's a 3 block walk any to any place that serves food. The closest one I found was at the Marriott Hotel that had its own Starbucks and restaurant.
I don't have a problem with Hampton Inns, but will not be back to this one.

Room Tip: I took the advice of another reviewer and asked for a room in the newer refurbished tower, but it di...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Laura T
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I got a special deal to stay in this hotel for 2 nights half priced and I am so glad for chooseing it before our cruise. The building was nicely renovated from a old brick warehouse. The spacious lobby was so beauifully decorated with classic furnitures, fresh flowers and high ceiling fans. Totally a Hilton style. The 4th floor double queen bedroom was a perfect size for 3 of us., which is right across the Convention Center Blvd. But no noise at all. The beds were extremely comfortable I wish I could take them home! The large bathroom is Hilton standard size with large counter, shower/bathtub. The shower was powerful like massage. The tasty full breakfast buffet was really really good with lots varity of cold/hot items. They even got boiled eggs, hot otameal, etc. Hot items does get change the second day. Unlimited juices, coffee and fruits through out the day. The best thing about this hotel is it's location. It only took us less than 20 mins. walk to the cruise terminal. Saved taxi cost. But it's also 20 minutes walk to the French Quarter just to let you know. It's safe to walk at night in this area. Will definately stay here again!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ivoryfarm
New Orleans, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2013

By far the best service I have received at a hotel in New Orleans. I actually live in the city, but needed a room during my transition from moving and for a event that was close to the location. I even extended my stay because I was so satisfied. Definitely would recommend to others.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed at this Hampton Inn for a one night visit to NOLA. We arrived at 9:30 AM and planned to park our car at the hotel and do our sightseeing and check-in later since the check-in time was 3:00 PM. The valet "Eugene" was very nice and suggested I go to the check-in desk to see if a room was ready. I did not think they would as I travel a lot and never had a room ready at 9:30 AM. I was surprised that although the room they originally had reserved for me was not ready, they put me in a room that was ready and allowed me to check in. The room was a suite with a small living room with a sofa, chair, desk and tv separated from the bedroom. The bedroom had another tv and a very comfortable king bed and with all clean linen to include the duvet. There was also a mini kitchen with full size fridge, sink, coffee maker, and microwave. The hotel is a bit of a walking distance from the French Quarter, about 15 - 20 min walk, but is doable. I have 2 bad feet and was able to make the walk. There is free wifi and breakfast. The breakfast was great with many hot items like waffles, biscuits and gravy, sausage patties, cheese omelets, and oatmeal with various toppings. There was a good selection of fresh fruit, cereal, pastries and hard boiled eggs. The only thing that was a small negative was that my son likes to swim and the pool is very small, but he was too tired to swim anyway. Highly recommend this hotel for the value, location, and all the amenities you receive for the price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family