2,133 results
All reviewsconverted warehousefrench quarterfree shuttlecruise terminalgreat hoteldirectly across the streethigh ceilingscomplimentary breakfastthe breakfast areavalet parkingattending a conferencewwii museumfull kitchenwithin walking distanceking suitesmall poolfront desk staff
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I got a special deal to stay in this hotel for 2 nights half priced and I am so glad for chooseing it before our cruise. The building was nicely renovated from a old brick warehouse. The spacious lobby was so beauifully decorated with classic furnitures, fresh flowers and high ceiling fans. Totally a Hilton style. The 4th floor double queen bedroom was a perfect size for 3 of us., which is right across the Convention Center Blvd. But no noise at all. The beds were extremely comfortable I wish I could take them home! The large bathroom is Hilton standard size with large counter, shower/bathtub. The shower was powerful like massage. The tasty full breakfast buffet was really really good with lots varity of cold/hot items. They even got boiled eggs, hot otameal, etc. Hot items does get change the second day. Unlimited juices, coffee and fruits through out the day. The best thing about this hotel is it's location. It only took us less than 20 mins. walk to the cruise terminal. Saved taxi cost. But it's also 20 minutes walk to the French Quarter just to let you know. It's safe to walk at night in this area. Will definately stay here again!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ivoryfarm
Reviewed June 24, 2013

By far the best service I have received at a hotel in New Orleans. I actually live in the city, but needed a room during my transition from moving and for a event that was close to the location. I even extended my stay because I was so satisfied. Definitely would recommend to others.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed at this Hampton Inn for a one night visit to NOLA. We arrived at 9:30 AM and planned to park our car at the hotel and do our sightseeing and check-in later since the check-in time was 3:00 PM. The valet "Eugene" was very nice and suggested I go to the check-in desk to see if a room was ready. I did not think they would as I travel a lot and never had a room ready at 9:30 AM. I was surprised that although the room they originally had reserved for me was not ready, they put me in a room that was ready and allowed me to check in. The room was a suite with a small living room with a sofa, chair, desk and tv separated from the bedroom. The bedroom had another tv and a very comfortable king bed and with all clean linen to include the duvet. There was also a mini kitchen with full size fridge, sink, coffee maker, and microwave. The hotel is a bit of a walking distance from the French Quarter, about 15 - 20 min walk, but is doable. I have 2 bad feet and was able to make the walk. There is free wifi and breakfast. The breakfast was great with many hot items like waffles, biscuits and gravy, sausage patties, cheese omelets, and oatmeal with various toppings. There was a good selection of fresh fruit, cereal, pastries and hard boiled eggs. The only thing that was a small negative was that my son likes to swim and the pool is very small, but he was too tired to swim anyway. Highly recommend this hotel for the value, location, and all the amenities you receive for the price.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Gene M
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed at this Hampton Inn the night prior to a cruise. It was not your typical Hampton Inn. It was quite charming, with exposed brick walls and a very nice lobby with a bar off to the side. The rooms were standard fair, maybe a little more worn than most Hampton Inns, but clean and comfy. Breakfast was very nice, as usual. The location was great, right across from the Convention Center and a few minutes walk from downtown. You could also walk easily to the French Quarter (Bourbon Street and Decatur), as long as you are accustomed to walking about. It was probably a mile at most from the Hotel. Staff was pleasant and helpful too. Easy walk to the cruiseport - just take a left out of the Hotel and walk a few blocks (maybe 5 minutes) and you will see this parking lot that runs along the river that has a building with a whale scene painted on it. There is a walkway in the parking lot with a canvass roof that leads you right to the embarkation area for the ships. We walked it with our roller suitcases - it was so easy. We will definitely use this hotel the next time we are in New Orleans - great find!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Colibri51
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed here the night before a cruise. I know New Orleans well. This hotel is very convenient to the Port of New Orleans cruise center and Convention Center. It is an excellent choice for either of those. This is very far from the typical New Orleans tourist sights though. It is more than a mile from the French Quarter, for example. The hotel itself is in an old, refurbished warehouse. The rooms are smaller than typical suburban motel rooms. The personnel were pleasant and helpful. There were more delays at the front desk than most motels, but these were not a problem. The complimentary breakfast has a larger variety than most and the hours for breakfast are longer than most hotels. Parking is rather steep (about $30; about $40 with events), but is in line with downtown New Orleans parking prices these days. I would definitely stay here again if I am in New Orleans for a cruise or convention. I would look elsewhere if the purpose of my trip was to see the typical tourist sights.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family