If you're in New Orleans and have anything to do at the convention center, this is a great place to stay for the location alone. If you get a room on the north side of the building, you can be down the elevator, out the side door and into the convention center in less than five minutes. From the outside, the building looks quite old (and somewhat dilapidated in places). Once you're inside, however, everything is renovated and comfortable.
The included breakfast here was on of the better breakfasts I've seen from a hotel. There were a wide variety of both hot and cold options and a large, inviting dining area. Also above average was the wireless internet. It was capable of browsing, streaming and keeping up a remote desktop connection on all but one of my six nights and even then things only got a little choppy.
The hotel isn't without a few minor flaws though. On the evening that I first arrived, my bathroom had't been cleaned (there were still wet towels on the floor). They immediately sent some up though who cleaned the whole washroom and even recommended a few good restaurants nearby. The other complaint I have is that the desk chairs are the most uncomfortably arranged pieces of wood and fabric I've ever had the misfortune of sitting on. The cushion sags and the edge is an uncomfortable ridge that cuts off circulation to the legs. The back is a hard, jagged slat of wood which digs in in all the worst places. I was there for work and needed to spend some time on my laptop and ended up sitting on the couch, hunched over the laptop on the coffee table.
Chairs aside, overall I really enjoyed my stay and would certainly consider the Hampton Inn again if I'm ever in town, especially if I'm there for a conference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A restored property housed in a historic landmark building, the Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Convention Center provides unique, luxurious accommodations in an ideal location. Set amid the vibrant Arts & Warehouse District, across from the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, our upscale New Orleans hotel is the perfect home base for business travelers. It's also situated near popular leisure attractions, including Riverwalk Market Place, Louisiana Children's Museum, National World War II Museum, Riverboat Cruises and the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. With spacious, beautifully-appointed rooms, free Wi-Fi, a hot daily breakfast, premium amenities and good, old-fashioned Southern hospitality, our New Orleans Convention Center hotel provides an unforgettable lodging experience in one of the world's most unforgettable destinations. Don't forget to visit our Warehouse Bar, located in the lobby, during your stay. The historic and laid back atmosphere is a great place to unwind after a long day and to gather with friends to enjoy a few cocktails before hitting the town. Not to mention all guest 21+ will receive a buy one, get one free drink coupon at check-in! The Warehouse Bar is open daily from 5-11 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Hotel New Orleans
- Hampton Inn And Suites Convention Center
- Hampton Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Hampton Inn