“Great location if your in town for a conference”

Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center
Ranked #14 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed June 9, 2013

If you're in New Orleans and have anything to do at the convention center, this is a great place to stay for the location alone. If you get a room on the north side of the building, you can be down the elevator, out the side door and into the convention center in less than five minutes. From the outside, the building looks quite old (and somewhat dilapidated in places). Once you're inside, however, everything is renovated and comfortable.
The included breakfast here was on of the better breakfasts I've seen from a hotel. There were a wide variety of both hot and cold options and a large, inviting dining area. Also above average was the wireless internet. It was capable of browsing, streaming and keeping up a remote desktop connection on all but one of my six nights and even then things only got a little choppy.
The hotel isn't without a few minor flaws though. On the evening that I first arrived, my bathroom had't been cleaned (there were still wet towels on the floor). They immediately sent some up though who cleaned the whole washroom and even recommended a few good restaurants nearby. The other complaint I have is that the desk chairs are the most uncomfortably arranged pieces of wood and fabric I've ever had the misfortune of sitting on. The cushion sags and the edge is an uncomfortable ridge that cuts off circulation to the legs. The back is a hard, jagged slat of wood which digs in in all the worst places. I was there for work and needed to spend some time on my laptop and ended up sitting on the couch, hunched over the laptop on the coffee table.
Chairs aside, overall I really enjoyed my stay and would certainly consider the Hampton Inn again if I'm ever in town, especially if I'm there for a conference.

Room Tip: If you're there for a conference, get a room on the north side.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 9, 2013

The hotel is a beautiful old warehouse that makes a wonderful hotel. It's affordable and the staff is great. Clean, fresh rooms. Convenient to everything, even the freeway. I will stay here again and again. My favorite hotel in New Orleans.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Great location, close to everything. A quick cab-ride to the quarter or a not terrible walk if you rather. Interesting restored warehouse hotel has a really nice lobby. Very clean, comfortable room - really like the linens. Helpful staff! Didn't have the the breakfast this time, but tried it before and it was good. Will stay again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The building is wonderful----was an old cotton warehouse. It is right across the street from the Convention Center and a 1.3 mile walk to Jackson Square. Much closer to the Riverwalk. We walked to the French Quarter every day. The exercise helped us get ready for the NOLA cuisine!!!! The breakfast is not Haute Cuisine BUT it is more than "continental"----lots of protein choices (omelets and sausages) and fresh waffles are always on the "menu". The pool is nothing to write home about but there IS one. Parking is expensive (29.95/day) but it's super easy to get access to your car because the underground garage is easily accessible. We were staying there for a wedding right around the corner and because the reception was there......so for us, the location could not have been more perfect. All the staff we encountered were just super. I would stay here again for the value if I was with a group!

1  Thank PegJohnston
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

We are currently staying at the Hampton inn and suites. You get a couple bottles of water when you first check in. Nevertheless only that night. They have no water other than tap once you have started your stay in the evening. During the day there is lemon water everywhere which is great. Our room got cleane the first day however not the second. I feel like the 100% satisfaction that they tell you about is just a scam to make you feel good. I am hoping things improve of the next 5 days of our 7 night stay. The pool area is nice, small pool but comfortable, bed is comfortable, concierge my wife felt was hard to talk to. When we first got here everything had been amazing and seems to be going downhill. I will iodate this as the week progresses.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank shawnlo
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Best choice for a number of reasons. Location of this hotel was great because it wasn't too deep in to downtown area. Directly across the street from Convention Center and in close proximity to freeway. All staff member were extremely courteous from the curb to front desk and everyone in between.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

The checkin was quick and the cookies were excellent. The room was clean and seemed like new. The breakfast was a major disappointment. The bagel toppers were a turn-off and the cheese omelet was cheese in a tortilla - no eggs at all. Parking is a bit expensive at $29 per night.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bill M
Charlene M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. Although I was glad to read you found our rooms to be clean and you had a good check-in experience, I understand that you were disappointed regarding our food selection. We are always listening to our guests’ feedback and I assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve the quality and selection of our menu items. - Charlene Martinez, Hotel Manager