My teen daughter and I stayed at this hotel the night before getting on a cruise out of New Orleans and also for the night after the cruise. This was a perfect hotel for us in every respect. I've stayed at hotels of all levels and this was one of the cleanest I've ever been in. Usually even in very clean places you find something here or there that could be better, but not at this one. It was spotless.
The front desk and bell staff were also some of the friendliest, most helpful and efficient I've ever met. They helped me not only to get exactly the room type and location I wanted twice, even in a full hotel over Spring Break, but also with checking in my luggage, map and tourist info, and providing me with some necessities I had forgotten. They did it all with a smile and genuine friendliness. They even called to tell me when my room was ready after I checked in very early after getting off the ship.
The free breakfast is very good with extensive choices and three of the make-your-own waffle irons so you don't have to wait too long. There is plenty of seating too. The rooms are spacious and the beds extremely comfortable, even for me with neck problems. There is lots of hot water and nice products provided in the bathrooms, even if the showerhead and counters were placed very high for two 5'1" women. The hotel is in a renovated warehouse and while the rooms are standard Hampton Inn, the rest of the place has a lot of character.
It is easy walking to the French Quarter, Garden District and trolleys. The ships dock across the street behind the convention center and there is a shuttle but we took a cheap cab ride to get over there more quickly. There are usually cabs waiting at the entrance. I also chose this hotel because of the 100% non-smoking policy. There is a very small pool, suitable for taking a dip but not for lap swimming.
This is not a resort but is a wonderful, comfortable place to stay while in New Orleans for business or pleasure. I would highly recommend this hotel to any traveler. There's nothing not to love.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A restored property housed in a historic landmark building, the Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Convention Center provides unique, luxurious accommodations in an ideal location. Set amid the vibrant Arts & Warehouse District, across from the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, our upscale New Orleans hotel is the perfect home base for business travelers. It's also situated near popular leisure attractions, including Riverwalk Market Place, Louisiana Children's Museum, National World War II Museum, Riverboat Cruises and the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. With spacious, beautifully-appointed rooms, free Wi-Fi, a hot daily breakfast, premium amenities and good, old-fashioned Southern hospitality, our New Orleans Convention Center hotel provides an unforgettable lodging experience in one of the world's most unforgettable destinations. Don't forget to visit our Warehouse Bar, located in the lobby, during your stay. The historic and laid back atmosphere is a great place to unwind after a long day and to gather with friends to enjoy a few cocktails before hitting the town. Not to mention all guest 21+ will receive a buy one, get one free drink coupon at check-in! The Warehouse Bar is open daily from 5-11 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Hotel New Orleans
- Hampton Inn And Suites Convention Center
- Hampton Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Hampton Inn