Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Convention Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)
  • Fitness center
2,019 results
All reviewsconverted warehousefrench quarterfree shuttlecruise terminalgreat hoteldirectly across the streethigh ceilingscomplimentary breakfastthe breakfast areavalet parkingwwii museumattending a conferencefull kitchenwithin walking distancevalet staffking suitewould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Terrible staff especially Jenae from the reception desk. No manners & arrogant. WARNING booking quote and actual price are different. We were quoted by www.booking.com for $169/ night. Our last night the hotel billed us for $249 because they said they were fully booked. Very unprofessional. Disappointment with price was added with the another staff attitude - big disappointment. DONT TRUST THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank bilacheng
Charlene M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you so much for your recent review. I am so sorry that you had a disappointing experience with our staff. I am extremely disappointed you found one of our staff members at the reception desk to be unprofessional and rude towards you. Our main goal is for every guest to feel cared for, valued and respected. I truly regret that our front staff did not provide you with the level of customer service you deserve. I have personally spoken to our staff and guarantee this will not happen again. I can assure you that our guest satisfaction is very important to us and I will make sure that your comments be taken into consideration to improve our property. Please contact me directly to discuss the billing situation at 504-566-9990 or martinez@highpointe.com. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had a family outing for Spring break 2013 and had booked 5 rooms for 2 nights after driving from Dallas. Couple of rooms were allotted in a different floor and we requested that all be put in the same floor and the front desk person was not very helpful. The second day after talking to the manager Ms. Lindsey she assisted us to get us all in the same floor towards the end of the day. During this conversation with Ms. Lindsey, I got to understand that there were rooms in the same floor the previous night.
After our outing when we checked back into the hotel late in the day, one of the new allotted room (#860) was already occupied by another guest and we had to call the front desk again to re-assign a different room (#850). I expect quality service for the money I paid and I feel this was not upto the mark. I do not expect this kind of service where the front desk does not know the simple thing of checking if a particular room is occupied or empty.
During check out again the front desk guy was not helpful as I had requested to include my Honor # and his response to me was to call the toll free # and do it myself. I know this can be added there as I'm a frequent traveler myself and have stayed in other places.
Definitely I'll not recommend this place to my friends again.

2  Thank Raghu_1405
Charlene M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Please contact me so we can discuss the issue further and to have your Hilton Honors points awarded for your stay. You can reach me at 504-566-9990 or martinez@highpointe.com. Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We went as a group of 5 families and had huge trouble getting rooms closer together. Hotel location, lobby decor, rooms were all very good. Also good breakfast choices and nice staff. Corridors smelled bad probably due to heater, not sure.

We stayed for 2 nights and the second night they helped to switch rooms so we all could be on same floor but they gave the wrong keys which was already occupied and such. That was a bad experience. Hampton inns are generally one of my favorite and this one except for the hiccup...everything else was good.

1  Thank Balaji S

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Convention Center Hotel during your recent family trip! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and all that we have to offer. I would like to take a moment and apologize for the inconvenience you experienced in regards to your hotel room. This issue will be addressed with our staff to ensure it does not happen in the future. Please feel free to call me with any concerns at 504-566-9990 or email at Martinez@highpointe.com.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Just returned from a New Orleans trip. Since it was spring break for so many it was pretty hard to find a hotel at the last minute. We lucked upon this Hampton Inn where my husband had stayed for business. Everything was super. We had excellent service, a nice breakfast, valet parking and a very friendly staff. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms in the old warehouse are awesome!
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in early March and got one of the beautiful historic rooms overlooking the courtyard and pool. Room 211 was clean, spacious and comfortable with a separate bedroom and living/kitchen area. Ceilings in the living area were 15+ feet high with enormous windows.
Our teenage son used the fold out sofa and was comfortable, though we weren't able to find blankets an pillows in the room. The front desk was happy to bring them up while we were at dinner. This was the weekend of Prima Fest (Italian heritage) and the park across the street was being used for live music that didn't stop until 11pm, which was clearly audible in the living area but not the bedroom. There's nothing the hotel can do about this, just something to be aware of - it didn't really bother my son, as long as he could hear the TV over it.
We were able to walk or take public transportation to everything, though it's a bit of a hike to the French Quarter and we ended up taking a taxi to our destination and walking back. Super convenient to the WWII museum, riverwalk, Mardi Graz World, and of course the convention center. Plenty of good, filling food on the breakfast buffet with Belgian waffles (of course).

• Stayed: March 2013