We stayed here for one night with 2 young kids over the weekend. We were able to change our stay from a Friday to Saturday on Thursday without a charge, despite that being within the cancellation penalty 72 hour window. I appreciate that, it's just good service.
The staff were all very nice to us, from the valet to the front desk and the breakfast people. I also appreciate that.
The rooms were a little small for Hamptons, but typical of bigger cities like New Orleans. I thought the breakfast was not very good, myself, even by Hampton standards, but I see a lot of people on this site did like it. Maybe I caught it on a bad day. It certainly wasn't awful, and they had a great selection of breakfast cereals.
I want to let people know about our experience getting to the French Quarter. I think that will help some folks. First off, if you want to drive, the valet parking is unlimited in and out, so that helps, but keep in mind that parking in the Quarter is scarce and expensive. We chose to take the Riverfront Streetcar. First thing to know is that the so-called John Churchill Chase Station on the NORTA schedules and on Google Maps does not operate right now. It looks like this is just right across the street from the hotel (but on the other side of the Convention Center). For whatever reason, the current last stop on the Riverfront line is the Julia St. station on the north end of the Convention Center. This is decent walk from the Hampton. The streetcar costs $1.25, cash only and no change provided, so come prepared. Also important to note: when you are in the Quarter and want to take the Streetcar back to the hotel, make sure you get on the Riverfront Line. There are Canal St. Line cars also heading south on the same track up to Canal St. and it's really easy to get on one of those if you are not paying attention (which we did). These will not take you where you want to go.
In all, if you are going to be doing a lot of stuff in the Quarter and want to have the hotel be convenient, you should stay over there. We wanted to save money, so we chose this Hampton. I think it was fine, but the streetcar is not a super way to get back-and-forth. I'm sure this place is awesome if you are going to something at the convention center.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A restored property housed in a historic landmark building, the Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Convention Center provides unique, luxurious accommodations in an ideal location. Set amid the vibrant Arts & Warehouse District, across from the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, our upscale New Orleans hotel is the perfect home base for business travelers. It's also situated near popular leisure attractions, including Riverwalk Market Place, Louisiana Children's Museum, National World War II Museum, Riverboat Cruises and the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. With spacious, beautifully-appointed rooms, free Wi-Fi, a hot daily breakfast, premium amenities and good, old-fashioned Southern hospitality, our New Orleans Convention Center hotel provides an unforgettable lodging experience in one of the world's most unforgettable destinations. Don't forget to visit our Warehouse Bar, located in the lobby, during your stay. The historic and laid back atmosphere is a great place to unwind after a long day and to gather with friends to enjoy a few cocktails before hitting the town. Not to mention all guest 21+ will receive a buy one, get one free drink coupon at check-in! The Warehouse Bar is open daily from 5-11 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Hotel New Orleans
- Hampton Inn And Suites Convention Center
- Hampton Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Hampton Inn