We stay here at least once a year because we have Mardi Gras events we attend at the convention center across the street. We can't say enough good things about this hotel. The room variety is very vast. We usually stay in a room with a kitchen and have stayed in at least six different floor plans-all nice, spacious and very different. The hotel is in an old warehouse and we love the high, huge ceilings and the brick walls many of the rooms have. It adds so much character and that "New Orleans" charm to the rooms.
The decor in the rooms is nice and the kitchen is well stocked. They often give you a few extra snacks and coffee. The rooms are always very clean and very quiet (probably all of the brick). The color scheme is nice but could be a bit updated but it is tasteful. The kitchen and suite rooms are on the front desk side of the hotel and the regular Hampton-type rooms with two beds are on the other side. The bed is very comfortable and plush and the bathrooms are very big. The den has a sofa, coffee table, armoire with TV and end tables. The kitchen has a dining area with chairs. There are also several mirrors in the room (full length and wall).
The breakfast is diverse and wonderful. There is a huge selection like there is at all Hampton Inns. Eggs, waffles, sausage, cereals, pastries, oatmeal, etc. I think there are cookies in the evening also but we get in late so we don't get any!
The front desk staff is excellent. Every time we go and have a special request or upgrade, they never hesitate to accommodate us. They often give us bar coupons upon check-in. Now that we have stayed there so often, they now greet us by name upon our arrival and welcome us back. Christopher has helped us the past few times and he is always funny and courteous. He makes our stay much more pleasurable.
The valet staff is always friendly and quick and also greets us when we come and go.
The hotel has a "courtyard" look by the pool and bar area which is very New Orleans-like.
The location in the warehouse area is an area of town we like a lot. It is reasonably priced, quiet and easy to walk to restaurants, bars, the river and the French Quarter (a bit farther but not a bad walk or you could take the river streetcar). We especially love how we walk out the door and across the street and we are in the convention center.
We have never had a bad stay here. This is always our first choice to stay when we are down in this area of town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A restored property housed in a historic landmark building, the Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Convention Center provides unique, luxurious accommodations in an ideal location. Set amid the vibrant Arts & Warehouse District, across from the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, our upscale New Orleans hotel is the perfect home base for business travelers. It's also situated near popular leisure attractions, including Riverwalk Market Place, Louisiana Children's Museum, National World War II Museum, Riverboat Cruises and the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. With spacious, beautifully-appointed rooms, free Wi-Fi, a hot daily breakfast, premium amenities and good, old-fashioned Southern hospitality, our New Orleans Convention Center hotel provides an unforgettable lodging experience in one of the world's most unforgettable destinations. Don't forget to visit our Warehouse Bar, located in the lobby, during your stay. The historic and laid back atmosphere is a great place to unwind after a long day and to gather with friends to enjoy a few cocktails before hitting the town. Not to mention all guest 21+ will receive a buy one, get one free drink coupon at check-in! The Warehouse Bar is open daily from 5-11 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Hotel New Orleans
- Hampton Inn And Suites Convention Center
- Hampton Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Hampton Inn