“If I were looking for a place for a group to stay on vacation, I would recommend your place.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center
Ranked #22 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I really liked the Inn from the time I walked in. It has an old-time feel of a historic warehouse, yet it's comfortable and inviting, The staff was wonderful, the room was very comfortable, and it had everything I needed and more. It was close to the river and the Riverwalk. The breakfast was great. I enjoyed walking around and seeing the area. The Convention Center is right across the street, and the sites of Bourbon Street, the French Quarter, Canal Street were all pretty close. There is no restaurant onsite but the desk provided a list of restaurants that delivered and answered questions. I would recommend the Hampton Inn as a great place to stay for the value.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Made arrangement via internet and didn't say we wanted a whirlpool suite and when we got there they put us into a smaller suite. Still has somewhat full kitchen is what we like about this hotel. Not to mention the location to the convention center--across the street entrance D. These high ceiling suites are very quite.

The manager Ms. Charlene was very nice to us and helped us out with the rate per day. We also had a great service guy help with our bags--Eddie Robinson. He was very helpful and quick to smile. We will be staying back at this hotel in November--whirlpool suite of course. Highly recommend this hotel if you are going to the convention center.

Room Tip: if you are going to buy a suite make sure you ask for the whirlpool ones. They are much bigger room...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Henry M
Everson, Washington
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We chose this hotel first of all because of the location. Very close to the Port of New Orleans cruise terminal. It is right across the street from the convention cemter. Close to all the downtown attractions. walking distance to the River Walk Mall, where you can catch an "old time' streetcar that will take you to the historical French Quarter, the cost is only $1.25 each way. Here you can find Cafe DuMonde, Jonnys Poor Boys, The French Market, Bourbon Street, just to name a few. The hotel is in an old historical brick build, full of character. The lobby is beautiful and the rooms are very clean and comfortable.They offer free shuttle to the cruise terminal. They offer a complimentary hot breakfast buffett in the morning and have free WIFI. We really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank The1Nanny
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I recommend to stay in the rooms in the building where the check-in counter is. They are alot roomier and cleaner. The rooms in the other building not so much. The breakfast is excellent, we stayed their 2 nights and had something different both mornings. Be prepared to have a valet park your car in the garage for $26 a night plus tip. We parked in front of the hotel where there is metered parking. It came out to $31 for 2 days. The only thing is you can only pay for 2 hours of parking at a time from 8am-6pm. After 6pm you don't have to worry with it until 8am the next morning. Just take a picture of the meter with the phone number and the meter number and call to set up an account and you can call and pay for your meter every 2 hours and charge it. Be sure to get a picture of your license plate, they'll want that. It was really easy to do and cheaper. No room service or restaurant. The Hilton 2 blocks away has a restaurant. They do have some menus of restaurants that will deliver. We had pizza delivered and it was very good and reasonable. There is a Subway about 3 blocks away off of Convention Center Blvd.

3 Thank tkroll4
Shreveport, LA
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The Pros: The hotel is nice, our rooms were spacious and clean. There was no noise and the location appeared safe. There is free breakfast that was as expected for most hotels that provide free breakfast (no frills, nothing exemplary either). They do provide free coffee and tea throughout the day. Internet access is also free.
We did not utilize the pool (visited in December when it was cold) but did find the fitness room adequate. Did not go to the on-site restaurant/bar. They provided us with a buy one get one free beverage card at check-in but we failed to utilize it.
The not so great aspects: The major one is parking! There is no self parking (free or for a charge). All parking is valet and it costs around $30 (including taxes). So the cost plus the hassle of valet parking (every time you need to have them get your car for you) is a negative in my opinion.
The hotel is not that close to the French Quarter and it is a fare bit to walk there. One can make the onward journey, but coming back by foot after a nice dinner or so is certainly not something one looks forward to. There is no courtesy shuttle pickup and drop off service to the french quarter or other areas (which would have been nice and would have made me give then 4 or so stars) and the street car stops 4-5 blocks away. Apparently, a taxi is not expensive but I hate to spend on a taxi with my car in valet parking!
So in summary, the hotel would be great for the convention center but not that great if you are visiting New Orleans for something else.

2 Thank bondj303
Morristown, Tennessee
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I would like to say (and I will) that the Hampton Inn Convention Center New Orleans management has pretty much done me right for my stay there last September that was arranged by the AARP Convention services.
In a previous review, since deleted, I was a little dismayed with the room. Don't get me wrong, this is a great hotel, but when I opted for the upcharged King Suite with Kitchen in the old Warehouse section, I had a hard time finding a "suite" or a "kitchen" in room 403. I was severely disappointed after viewing nice photos on their website of the other rooms. Floorplan posted on back of room door showed the differences. Friends said room size and amenities were almost the same as their standard room in the newer section. Really overspent about $200 for this room on the 4 nights that we were there for a convention. Did mention it to desk clerk about the room size for the price and he said he was really sorry about that seeing it was probably a full house for the Convention across the street.
But on plus side: hotel and staffers were nice -bed comfy -room quiet -busy breakfast a plus - convenient to Conv. Ctr. (but not to streetcars or French Qtr) - warm cookies - bartender who knew how to make Manhattans -safe area - a knowledgeable concierge -etc.
The management did reply on this site on Oct 30th to my original post and explained the building structure and room offerings and requested personal contact.
I did respond by email and I understand the room situation now and was compensated the difference. I can happily say I am pleased with their 100% customer efforts and would pretty much stay there again for another convention or cruise, but would specify exactly what type of room I am looking for.

Room Tip: Room Tip: Try not to get any of the too, too short #X03 rooms on any of the four floors of quaint wa...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike S
Tulsa
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We booked on Priceline.com and got a great price. This booking was for a one night pre-cruise stay. Our flight arrived at 11:30 and we arrived at the hotel around 12:30 and our room was ready! It was a double room and the beds are small but very comfortable pillows and bedding. The room had a fridge and microwave. The hotel is beautiful. It is an old renovated brick building and by far the most beautiful Hampton that I've ever stayed at. We walked to Bourbon Street and it was a long walk,but we enjoyed walking the streets of New Orleans. I had read several things about a street trolley in N.O. but we never found how to get on the street trolley so we just kept walking. The hotel is also about 4 or 5 blocks from the Riverwalk area with shopping and restaurants. We took a cab from the hotel to the port and it was 7.00 a person. The staff at the hotel was very helpful and the morning breakfast was very good. I don't think you will go wrong booking this Hampton Inn.

2 Thank TulsaStacy