Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$105
$99
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $165/night.

Royal St Charles Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Fitness center
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $122/night.

InterContinental New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$117
$110
InterContinental
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $173/night.

$172
$158
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $217/night.

Hilton New Orleans Riverside(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$136
$116
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $152/night.

Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$107
Savings alert! 48% below average rates

The price you found is 48% lower than this hotel's average rate of $204/night.

Hotel Monteleone(New Orleans)
$159
$136
Preferred Hotels
Savings alert! 44% below average rates

The price you found is 44% lower than this hotel's average rate of $244/night.

$161
$139
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $175/night.

$149
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $199/night.

Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$155
$134
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $195/night.

2,110 results
All reviewsconverted warehousefrench quarterfree shuttlecruise terminalgreat hoteldirectly across the streethigh ceilingscomplimentary breakfastthe breakfast areavalet parkingattending a conferencewwii museumfull kitchenwithin walking distanceking suitesmall poolfront desk staff
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The Pros: The hotel is nice, our rooms were spacious and clean. There was no noise and the location appeared safe. There is free breakfast that was as expected for most hotels that provide free breakfast (no frills, nothing exemplary either). They do provide free coffee and tea throughout the day. Internet access is also free.
We did not utilize the pool (visited in December when it was cold) but did find the fitness room adequate. Did not go to the on-site restaurant/bar. They provided us with a buy one get one free beverage card at check-in but we failed to utilize it.
The not so great aspects: The major one is parking! There is no self parking (free or for a charge). All parking is valet and it costs around $30 (including taxes). So the cost plus the hassle of valet parking (every time you need to have them get your car for you) is a negative in my opinion.
The hotel is not that close to the French Quarter and it is a fare bit to walk there. One can make the onward journey, but coming back by foot after a nice dinner or so is certainly not something one looks forward to. There is no courtesy shuttle pickup and drop off service to the french quarter or other areas (which would have been nice and would have made me give then 4 or so stars) and the street car stops 4-5 blocks away. Apparently, a taxi is not expensive but I hate to spend on a taxi with my car in valet parking!
So in summary, the hotel would be great for the convention center but not that great if you are visiting New Orleans for something else.

2  Thank bondj303
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I would like to say (and I will) that the Hampton Inn Convention Center New Orleans management has pretty much done me right for my stay there last September that was arranged by the AARP Convention services.
In a previous review, since deleted, I was a little dismayed with the room. Don't get me wrong, this is a great hotel, but when I opted for the upcharged King Suite with Kitchen in the old Warehouse section, I had a hard time finding a "suite" or a "kitchen" in room 403. I was severely disappointed after viewing nice photos on their website of the other rooms. Floorplan posted on back of room door showed the differences. Friends said room size and amenities were almost the same as their standard room in the newer section. Really overspent about $200 for this room on the 4 nights that we were there for a convention. Did mention it to desk clerk about the room size for the price and he said he was really sorry about that seeing it was probably a full house for the Convention across the street.
But on plus side: hotel and staffers were nice -bed comfy -room quiet -busy breakfast a plus - convenient to Conv. Ctr. (but not to streetcars or French Qtr) - warm cookies - bartender who knew how to make Manhattans -safe area - a knowledgeable concierge -etc.
The management did reply on this site on Oct 30th to my original post and explained the building structure and room offerings and requested personal contact.
I did respond by email and I understand the room situation now and was compensated the difference. I can happily say I am pleased with their 100% customer efforts and would pretty much stay there again for another convention or cruise, but would specify exactly what type of room I am looking for.

Room Tip: Room Tip: Try not to get any of the too, too short #X03 rooms on any of the four floors of quaint warehouse section without seeing what else is open.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mike S
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We booked on Priceline.com and got a great price. This booking was for a one night pre-cruise stay. Our flight arrived at 11:30 and we arrived at the hotel around 12:30 and our room was ready! It was a double room and the beds are small but very comfortable pillows and bedding. The room had a fridge and microwave. The hotel is beautiful. It is an old renovated brick building and by far the most beautiful Hampton that I've ever stayed at. We walked to Bourbon Street and it was a long walk,but we enjoyed walking the streets of New Orleans. I had read several things about a street trolley in N.O. but we never found how to get on the street trolley so we just kept walking. The hotel is also about 4 or 5 blocks from the Riverwalk area with shopping and restaurants. We took a cab from the hotel to the port and it was 7.00 a person. The staff at the hotel was very helpful and the morning breakfast was very good. I don't think you will go wrong booking this Hampton Inn.

2  Thank TulsaStacy
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed here one night, pre-cruise. It is absolutely the most beautiful Hampton I've even stayed in by a long shot! We arrived in town around 10am and went straight to the hotel. They had rooms ready for us and checked us in immediately. We booked a king bed, non smoking, The room was in the tower behind the reception desk which used to be the old foldgers coffee plant we were told. Our room had huge two story windows, exposed brick walls, a huge 4 poster bed, and a full kitchen. I've never seen a hotel room like it.

The staff was all very friendly and helpful. We walked to Bourbon St. It's a long walk, wouldn't recommend it for the non physically fit, but it was all through very populated and safe areas. I wouldn't hesitate to book this hotel and make the walk again. This Hampton is only a couple blocks from Harrahs, so there are lots of restaurants and entertainment nearby. The hotel offers a free shuttle to the cruise terminals but it is not very well organized. When we checked in they asked what time we would like to book the shuttle. We picked the earliest time, 10am, and were told to be in the lobby about 15 minutes early. We arrived in the lobby about 9:40am and were told to go outside and wait for the shuttle to show up. We found a group of 10 or so people waiting for the shuttle so we lined up behind them. The shuttle showed up and people came from everywhere crowding the shuttles (there were 2, a 14 person bus and a 10 person van). We were unable to get on either shuttle. When we asked the woman in charge why we signed up for a time if it wasn't going to be organized that way, but she had no answer. We decided to get in a nearby cab and save ourselves the trouble of waiting for the shuttles again. The cab was only $7/person and well worth avoiding the hassle of the shuttle. We will definitely stay here again when we cruise out of New Orleans again, but we'll just take a cab to start with.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the tower behind the front desk!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lasvegasjunkie
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I held my wedding ceremony and reception at this hotel in addition to having the majority of my guests stay here. The hotel was very comfortable and cozy. The staff was extremely helpful, nice, courteous, and professional. It is definitely one of those best kept secrets. Being within walking distance of downtown adds to its appeal. I would recommend anyone coming to New Orleans to stay here. It is at the top of my list to stay.

1  Thank Opal H