Stayed for 2 nights at the end of a tour of Texas & Louisiana. The reception & breakfast area was very welcoming and there is a small shop selling a variety of snacks & drinks.
Room was clean & comfortable with free wifi. As the layout of the hotel is quite confusing it can be quite a long walk from your room to get out of the hotel. With this in mind it would be helpful to sell bottled water in the vending machines rather than having to trek to reception.
As a previous review has mentioned, Mulate's (a 10 minute walk) is definitely worth a visit and we had a great meal - you should try the blackened alligator! It tastes like chicken!
However the best thing about this hotel are the extremely helpful & friendly staff. Unfortunately I had a medical issue whilst staying and would like to thank the concierge for his help with this and putting me at ease during a worrying time, especially not being used to the US medical system. He recommended a local urgent care clinic and called ahead to ensure I could be seen, before getting a taxi for me. On arriving back at the hotel the reception staff made a point of asking how I was and if there was anything they could do. The next morning the concierge also went out of his way to check on me.
This personal touch was very much appreciated and is what makes the hotel stand out from all the others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A restored property housed in a historic landmark building, the Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Convention Center provides unique, luxurious accommodations in an ideal location. Set amid the vibrant Arts & Warehouse District, across from the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, our upscale New Orleans hotel is the perfect home base for business travelers. It's also situated near popular leisure attractions, including Riverwalk Market Place, Louisiana Children's Museum, National World War II Museum, Riverboat Cruises and the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. With spacious, beautifully-appointed rooms, free Wi-Fi, a hot daily breakfast, premium amenities and good, old-fashioned Southern hospitality, our New Orleans Convention Center hotel provides an unforgettable lodging experience in one of the world's most unforgettable destinations. Don't forget to visit our Warehouse Bar, located in the lobby, during your stay. The historic and laid back atmosphere is a great place to unwind after a long day and to gather with friends to enjoy a few cocktails before hitting the town. Not to mention all guest 21+ will receive a buy one, get one free drink coupon at check-in! The Warehouse Bar is open daily from 5-11 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Hotel New Orleans
- Hampton Inn And Suites Convention Center
- Hampton Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Hampton Inn