Otherwise, I would skip this hotel. Stayed 4 nights for a conference and while there were several nice qualities to the hotel, I couldn't get over the smell of must/mold everywhere. The first room I was given had a very strong musty smell with lemon cleaner over it- they were very responsive and did give me an alternate room which had only a faint smell. The entry way on the side had similar odor- I suspect it is just a very old building? Unfortunately someone vomited in the hallway one night so this also added to unfortunate odors everywhere though not the hotels fault- one man was spraying the hallway the next day trying to cover it up so they tried. Since it is at the end of the convention center I also did not feel as safe as I would have liked walking alone at night so if you are a female alone you might pick something towards the other, busier end.
Having said that, and if odors do not bother you, then it is a fine place to stay- comfy beds, large clean bathroom, and free breakfast which was not great but edible and convenient for conference. Loved the small outdoor courtyard in the evening as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A restored property housed in a historic landmark building, the Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Convention Center provides unique, luxurious accommodations in an ideal location. Set amid the vibrant Arts & Warehouse District, across from the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, our upscale New Orleans hotel is the perfect home base for business travelers. It's also situated near popular leisure attractions, including Riverwalk Market Place, Louisiana Children's Museum, National World War II Museum, Riverboat Cruises and the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. With spacious, beautifully-appointed rooms, free Wi-Fi, a hot daily breakfast, premium amenities and good, old-fashioned Southern hospitality, our New Orleans Convention Center hotel provides an unforgettable lodging experience in one of the world's most unforgettable destinations. Don't forget to visit our Warehouse Bar, located in the lobby, during your stay. The historic and laid back atmosphere is a great place to unwind after a long day and to gather with friends to enjoy a few cocktails before hitting the town. Not to mention all guest 21+ will receive a buy one, get one free drink coupon at check-in! The Warehouse Bar is open daily from 5-11 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Hotel New Orleans
- Hampton Inn And Suites Convention Center
- Hampton Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Hampton Inn