We just spent three nights here. If the logos were absent, you wouldn't know it was a Hampton Inn. This chain normally has clean, comfortable, functional, but simple properties. This particular property is much more substantial in its services and decor.
This renovated warehouse offers an interesting change from cookie-cutter hotels. They did a great job modernizing it without destroying its original look. The large, high ceilinged lobby is a nice place to sit and read or meet friends. Also, there wasn't obnoxiously loud music blasting, making it peaceful and relaxing.
Pros: Friendly staff. Spacious and clean room, with high ceilings. Our requested rollaway waiting for us in the room. A huge breakfast area with many tables (often a problem at other hotels). A better-than-average breakfast buffet that was constantly refreshed. An on-site bar. Plentiful cabs (we didn't have a car). Nice neighborhood; despite its neat but somewhat gritty appearance, there are lots of little nooks and crannies to explore. A shower with ample water pressure and hot water, which can be problematic at older hotels in New Orleans. Upon check-in, we had to initial on the contract that we would comply with their no-smoking rules, which I appreciated, being allergic to smoke.
Cons: Very few...I was surprised that since the hotel had a nice lounge, and offered in-house catering for events, they would have food service available for guests but they didn't. There were bar-and-grill places nearby for a simple meal, but were really smoky. We had a partial kitchen, (no stove or kitchen sink, but a counter, microwave, fridge and basic eating utensils), which was handy, but a serrated knife would be helpful. We had bought fruit and cheeses and found it hard to assemble a platter using what was basically a butter knife. Lastly, either there were guests who disregarded the smoking rules, or the ventilation system had issues, but several times the smell of stale smoke was in the room. If it was a guest belligerence problem, I guess the hotel can't do much about that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A restored property housed in a historic landmark building, the Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Convention Center provides unique, luxurious accommodations in an ideal location. Set amid the vibrant Arts & Warehouse District, across from the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, our upscale New Orleans hotel is the perfect home base for business travelers. It's also situated near popular leisure attractions, including Riverwalk Market Place, Louisiana Children's Museum, National World War II Museum, Riverboat Cruises and the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. With spacious, beautifully-appointed rooms, free Wi-Fi, a hot daily breakfast, premium amenities and good, old-fashioned Southern hospitality, our New Orleans Convention Center hotel provides an unforgettable lodging experience in one of the world's most unforgettable destinations. Don't forget to visit our Warehouse Bar, located in the lobby, during your stay. The historic and laid back atmosphere is a great place to unwind after a long day and to gather with friends to enjoy a few cocktails before hitting the town. Not to mention all guest 21+ will receive a buy one, get one free drink coupon at check-in! The Warehouse Bar is open daily from 5-11 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Hotel New Orleans
- Hampton Inn And Suites Convention Center
- Hampton Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Hampton Inn