2,132 results
All reviewsconverted warehousefrench quarterfree shuttlecruise terminalgreat hoteldirectly across the streethigh ceilingscomplimentary breakfastthe breakfast areavalet parkingattending a conferencewwii museumfull kitchenwithin walking distanceking suitesmall poolfront desk staff
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Don't let the exterior of the hotel fool you. New Orleans has a movement to preserve historic buildings and this hotel in in one of those buildings. A converted warehouse/factory from one of New Orleans' historic business, the hotel is nicely decorated inside and newly renovated inside. Walking through the lobby, you'd feel you're in New Orleans right away. My room was clean, had an LCD TV, couch and the kitchenette. Did not hear any noise in the halls from my room - and I stayed during Halloween night! For business travelers like me, the business center has the latest computers and a real copy and print machine from Xerox (one like in the office). This hotel also has one of the nicest breakfast areas I've been to in a Hampton Inn and breakfast that morning was excellent.
Cons? It's quite a walk to the usual tourist spots but definitely not that far. Area is pretty safe at night to walk due to lots of foot traffic even at night. Definitely the place to stay for me if you have business in the convention center across the street. Parking is only by valet, and the fee is a bit steep ($30) but that's pretty standard in downtown hotels in major cities.
Good value - will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Our group of four travelers stayed in a suite here at the Hampton. The building is beautiful and from the start, we felt very welcome. Our suite was spacious and we were very comfortable. The surrounding area has some restaurants and cafes and it was an easy walk to the Central Business District. The free breakfast was great and on more than one day, we enjoyed the opportunity to drink our coffee by the outdoor pool and enjoy the sunshine. The concierge was friendly and offered very good suggestions to us. I would absolutely return to this gem of a hotel.

Room Tip: If you can get a room on the old side, recommend it -- lots of period charm.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 4, 2011

On a birthday trip to New Orleans we stayed at the Hampton Inn at the convention center. I read the trip advisor reviews and was not dissapointed. The property is well kept and clean. The room was clean and spotless. The breakfast bar was very good. My only complaint is the expensive cost of the parking. It really should be free, not the $30 per night they are charging. Overall, I would choose to stay here again while visiting the Big Easy!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank caligirlAtlanta_GA
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We booked here solely because of the outstanding Trip Advisor reviews. None of them overstated the excellence of this property! Entering the large and beautiful lobby was like entering an old movie of the days when hotels represented elegance and the lush life. It invites guests to sit and relax and visit a bit. We did manage to take time for just that after the very good breakfast the next morning. The room was nicely appointed and so clean that this somewhat obsessive clean-nik was duly pleased! The desk clerk Chris rates a 50 out of 10 stars for his friendliness, kindness, eagerness to help us in any way he could, and especially for his instruction to "go out and enjoy [his] city"! The bartender, too, was gracious and eager to help us make the most of his hometown. The bar was a lovely bonus, and the pool was a perfect way for families with children to let them burn off a little steam in the midst of a big city not really ideal for touring with children. We will return and can't wait to do so!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jcoates50
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights partly for fun and partly to attend a conference which was conveniently located at the convention center across the street. Our room was clean and had nice furnishings. We had a horrible view of a lower roof top but we weren't in the room much to care. Some other people we knew there were complaining about noise and thin walls. Our room was situated behind the elevator shaft which did produce a low muffled sound in the room but I decided we should put up with that rather than risk being moved next to noisy neighbors. I get the sense in this town, no matter what hotel, you are subject to noisy hallways and guests. Its within walking distance of the French Quarter and after a long night of taking in the libations down there people can get a little rowdy.

I loved the location. Walkable to everything...French Quarter, Riverwalk, WWII museum (which was fabulous by the way), warehouse/arts district with ecclectic eateries, etc. The garden district was a short tram ride away. We hardly ever needed a taxi and we did not bother keeping a car there. No need for it unless you plan to leave the city.

The lobby area of the hotel is wonderful. Big and open, apparently the building is a historic warehouse. The staff was pleasant. The breakfast was above par for a hotel of this category. Overall a nice experience. For the price and convenience of location we would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple