“if you really want to experience new orleans..”
Review of Hotel Storyville

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hotel Storyville
Ranked #27 of 138 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Pawleys Island, South Carolina, United States
“if you really want to experience new orleans..”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My girlfriend, the kids and I stayed two nights in two rooms in this gorgeous mansion. The storyville hotel sits within a five minute walk to the French quarter and I have to say.. the walk alone, with the local smells and creole architecture excites the senses, If you love to immerse yourself in your travel, this is the kind of place that screams to you. Each room has fresh beachy theme (at least ours did), which I found comfy(seeing how we are from pawleys island, sc). The courtyard or garden with a bridged lily pond, many palm trees, bamboo bar/lounge area is the perfect place to wind down after a day of letting the good times roll! Our hostesses, Barbara and Elizabeth went beyond the call of duty and accommodated us with discount passes for swamp tours, cemetery tours, ghost tours etc.. I CAN NOT WAIT to go back! I will never stay anywhere else. Merci beaucoup madamoiselles!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Roma
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I was here two years ago and I had a beautiful experience! Clean and nice room, excellent position to visit a city (new orleans) that you cannot forget, but first of all Barbara, the owner... she is fantastic! She did her best for me and my friend and she was like an old friend.
Thank you Barbara!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights at Hotel Storyville - we only wished it could have been longer!

Our stay there came after 7 days exploring Cajun country - which was amazing and gorgeous, but after 7 days of living out of a suitcase it was lovely to be somewhere that felt like a home rather than a hotel.

Our room was spacious and clean, the bed was SOOOO comfortable and the kitchen was such a welcome treat. Barbara was delightful and could not have been more helpful.

The hotel was bright and cheerful with lovely communal areas - like the balcony facing Esplanade, with its' cooling overhead fans - perfect for a relaxing cold beer after a day in the heat of the city before getting ready for a night on the tiles!

The location is beautiful too, on a lovely tree-lined street a few minutes walk to Frenchman street and St Charles St in Fauberg Marigny for the live music, the French Quarter or up in the other direction for Treme and Fauberg St John.
Right on the doorstep is Gourmet to Go for delicious provisions (nice cheeses!) to take back to the kitchen, a 24 hour minimart for those late night drinks shopping trips, the fantastically friendly Buffas Bar (also 24 hour) - go there twice and the regulars and bar staff there remember you and treat you as a local - and Port of Call, bar and upmarket burger joint.
Amazing house, lovely room, beautiful street, fantastic city...what more could you ask for on a holiday!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Storyville is very homey with a cozy, laid back atmosphere. The hospitality is by far the best. Barbara treats all her guest like family and takes the time to personally get to know you. Beautiful courtyard!!! Quite area and only a few blocks from the French quarter. Great lil bar near by called Buffas for some great food and live entertainment. I willbe back!!!

• Stayed May 2013
Manchester, NH
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed for the second weekend of JazzFest, will not stay anywhere else in NOLA from now on. Full kitchen, big courtyard in the back for relaxing after the Fest. Plenty of parking, and the perfect location. It was a 20-30 minute walk (or cheap cab ride) to the Fairgrounds and to my favorite stops on Decatur. Barbara was the perfect host, I felt like I was staying with friends.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
SC
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed at Hotel Storyville for the first week of JazzFest. I will never stay anywhere else in New Orleans. Great location (especially for "fess") and a great room for the rate. The backyard is perfect for a (small or large) gathering of friends. Barbara is an excellent hostess/concierge/spiritual advisor/owner. Give her a call. You won't regret it.

• Stayed April 2013
Geoje, South Korea
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Great location within walking distance of all the action with the bonus of a car park at the rear of the property which also boasted a lovely back yard area.
I was hoping for great things when we arrived but I was just a little disappointed mainly with our room. It was ok but very dated & the decor was...odd! All colours of the rainbow with mismatched furniture/fittings. The curtain rod was hanging off the wall, an electrical socket was broken (which my husband banned me from using as it looked so dangerous), the inside of the fridge was rusty & the toilet kept getting blocked. The bed was very soft & should be replaced although we did sleep ok.
I should also say that we did enjoy our stay here & Barbara was friendly & helpful (tip..would be great if the hotel left info/map in the rooms plus wifi logins). Just a little tlc & updating would make all the difference but I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Some rooms seem better than others but seems to be the luck of the draw as to which you get.