WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #136 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Delta, Canada
“French Quarter Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Cute room with a small creaky double bed and nice private patio - Nice, clean and nicely decorated in antique furnishings. Was informed their would be parking available but it is 5 blocks away so do check in first. Nice fellow was there to greet me and helped with my luggage. Showed me how to get through the iron gate, but warned me to be careful not to trip. Showed me how to relock the wooden gate and warned me to ensure relocking it which made me a little wary. hmmm., and described how to find the parking.
Did you know that they are having the Super Bowl in New Orleans -- Be warned that ALL the streets are torn up . After my lovely two night stay it took me over an hour of driving through one way street to get back close enough to the hotel as most of the roads were blocked for paving and no assistance was offered to help get my luggage to the car from the blonde landlady/owner other than you can put it inside until you get back with the car?? A fellow guest actually helped carry my luggage over tarry Royal Street to my rental car....Thank-You again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter and the patio is lovely.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Clairsinnladner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Litchfield, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

First the good : location/balcony is great and the rooms are quaint. However, if you hope to have any type of privacy or room accessibilty on your terms - not good. Our first morning we went out for breakfast and needed to use the room and were denied access by the maid. She said she needed to clean the room and would not leave when we said we don't need anything cleaned just please leave towels and something to clear up shower drain. She refused to leave, had a mop out cleaning the bathroom and made us wait out in courtyard almost 2 hours before "letting us in". We didn't want to be disagreeable so we didn't say anything to management. Two days later I was horribly sick with migraine and came back to room to get medicine and a quick nap. The maid knocked, and I said through the door that I was sleeping and don't need maid service...she knocked again and I repeated the situation very nicely. Next thing I know there is an argument outside the door and keys are in my door and a woman is shouting INSIDE MY ROOM "she needs to clean up in here"! A blonde woman is glaring at me demanding to let the maid clean the room. I was so ill, confused, outraged yet kept my composure by telling her that I was sick and needed to stay in the room and do not want maid service. This woman belligerently asked "when is she supposed to clean this room? She needs to get in this room!" I was flabbergasted by her rudeness and outright invasion of privacy. If I wasn't about to be sick from the migraine I know I would have been shouting back but told her that the maid could "clean the room" the next day once we leave. By the way, we are decent, clean laid back 40 year olds, so the room was pretty much spotless! When we came back the next day after the maid "cleaned", the shower drain still was backed up since day one and all of my toiletries were in our friend's dop kit as well as personal items that were taken out of bags and put in other bags...really can't stress enough how strange and irrational the staff were - what the heck did they want to clean that took 2 hours in a teeny tiny room? Did not feel welcome at all....

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank Oct0berSky

Travelers are raving about these New Orleans hotels

Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

My previously booked hotel fell through, and I was scrambling for a place to stay. I just ended up at the Nine-O-Five by chance. I had a wonderful stay. All of the staff were super nice, The room was sweet and cozy. The hotel was excellent!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank BaltimoreChris
Earle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

For all you nay-sayers out there, stay home, of it's hair you're looking for, order some Rogaine! We loved this place, the location was perfect. We loved the balcony overlooking the street and the accommodations. To best sum it up, charming would do it best! We loved it and will definitely visit again

Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

This place saved me from the scary Andrew Jackson hotel that is next door. I booked a room at the AJ and when I checked in I freaked out- It was a crack den for sure! So I asked if they could move me..and really to make a very long story short I just went outside to the Nine-O-Five and the owner was so sweet she had a room available and let me check in right then. It is so "New Orleans" really charming and feels like you are staying in your aunts house:)
I have since returned there and had just as great of a stay as the first time.
Actually this review is a long time coming because I just started reviewing but I promised I would do this because the owners are so lovely! Trust me you will not be disappointed.

It's not the Ritz so do not expect that. It is old but it is very New Orleans if that is what you are looking for.

Room Tip: I like the very front room with the porch!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank BuckAngel
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

After reading some bad reviews of this place I said "what the hell I will try it anyway." My wife and I were so glad we did! If you want the French quarter this is the place. If you want the Hilton then its not. First of all its more like a bed and breakfest than a hotel, second the people there were great!! Larry was such a help!!! The place was clean, and in the best location right in the middle of things. I cant wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Joseph K
Childersburg, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

This is the second time I've stayed here and I really like antique decor, balcony, and porch. The relaxed friendly atmosphere gives me a homey feeling. I find the historical nature of the hotel inspiring for my photography activities in the French Quarter and surrounding areas.
It has always been clean and well neat.

Room Tip: The upstairs room with balcony access is fun.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends