Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$105
$99
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $157/night.

InterContinental New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$117
$110
InterContinental
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $173/night.

Royal St Charles Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Fitness center
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $113/night.

Hilton New Orleans Riverside(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$128
$116
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $145/night.

Hotel Monteleone(New Orleans)
$159
$136
Preferred Hotels
Savings alert! 45% below average rates

The price you found is 45% lower than this hotel's average rate of $247/night.

$172
$158
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $198/night.

Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$107
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $120/night.

$161
$139
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $197/night.

$149
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $199/night.

Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$155
$134
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $185/night.

All reviewsfront porchroyal streetyour doorstepsmall hotelbourbon stfresh towelsjackson squarefrench quarterdefinitely stay here againlocation was perfectmardi graskitchenetteclosetblockriverwalkgarage
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Just to much to put into words..... All the bad reviews about the condition of the 2 bedroom suite were spot on. Upon arriving the WiFi was not working.......was told it was my problem since the person I was speaking to didn't now how to fix it. Refused to refund my money so I could stay in a place that had working WiFi ( I need it for work).....was told feel free to go somewhere else but we are not going to give you a refund for your prepaid 4 nights.........was hung up on and then stopped answering my calls....rude rude and ignorant to boot.

• Stayed: February 2012
7  Thank Sublime35
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed in a two bedrm/one bath unit @905 Royal in February 2012 (upper level/unit on right if facing it from the street). Stayed w/ my husband and a friend. We have stayed there one other time in Nov. 2010 (unit on upper left). During the previous trip we really enjoyed the balcony, which is the main reason we returned, but weather was too cold for the balcony this time.

This unit seemed fairly clean w/ the exception of the stained antique chairs and sofa. If I were the owner, I would be embarrassed by this. I didn't even want to sit on them!

The unit has a small kitchen w/ frig. and sink, stove top and coffeemaker. We would have appreciated a microwave and some paper towels.

The real problem is the bathroom. The shower drains very slowly and the water backs up as you are showering. I do think that the shower in this unit is larger than what I remember in the opposite unit.

Okay, now for the issue w/ the sink area of the bathroom. If you a female that needs to do hair and makeup you are not going to like this! Even the two males staying w/ me complained about it! The sink is in a little cutout area, just large enough to house the sink itself. This is hard to explain...should have taken a photo. The mirror is hung on the wall on the left of the sink, but because of the size of the cutout, you can't stand across from the mirror to see into it. There is a plug by the sink but it seems unsafe because the cord from my blow dryer kept falling into the sink and of course you can't see into the mirror while blow drying your hair. How about a mirror on the wall across from you when your facing the sink? The bathroom desperately needs a shelf, there is absolutely nowhere to put any of your toiletries, etc. (this was also a problem in the opposite unit). Possibly make a vanity area elsewhere w/ a good mirror and an outlet close enough so you can at least blow dry your hair.

The beds were fairly comfortable although a little firm. Plenty of pillows. Large closet in each bedroom.

Although I thought the maid was doing a good job cleaning, we a little issue w/ her. We asked her for towels one day and told her we didn't really need service. She insisted on coming in and at least making the beds, which we agreed to and then went to lunch. We came back about an hour and a half later and were surprised that she was still in there. When she left we realized she had put our razor, shaving cream, toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc back in our suitcase. Some of our friends stuff was in our suitcase and our in his. Our large suitcase was open on a coffee table when we left, but when we returned, she had put "stuff" in it, zipped it and stood it up by the closet. This was very strange. We felt a bit violated. We reported this to the owner before we left. I don't think the maid meant any harm, but maybe hadn't been properly trained.

One more thing that really bothered my husband...because it was too cold to spend time on balcony, we at least wanted to look out and every time we tried to pull up the mini blinds we had problems! Blinds are cheap, how about updating them.

I feel if the owner would spend a night in each of her units (and shower and do her hair and makeup). The changes that need to be made would be very obvious.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank wimberleydlc
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Please don't waste your money here. For a minimal effort,we would have felt so much more welcome,and that effort certainly wasn't made. For a $1000 w/e we had a new box of kleenex.
One of the beds didn't even look clean.It cost $120 to park for the w/e.There are many many more hotels with the same great location that are not a shabby dump.The wallpaper is puckered and peeling.It is so obvious that the owners either don't care or are too lazy to take any pride in their establishment! I had brought 2 friends...had stayed there in the 1980's, and kept apologizing all w/e.

Room Tip: If you insist on staying here,only stay in the downstairs rooms. That is where I had stayed before.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
7  Thank Chimama1
Reviewed November 22, 2011

We stayed at this hotel last weekend. What a disappointment! I don't even know where to start---the furniture was musty and some of it was broken. The wallpaper was peeling and creepy. The sheets had small tears and were obviously worn out. There was small bars of dial soap in the bathroom, but no shampoo, no hairdryer and one half roll of toilet paper for four (women) guests. Don't plan on using the kitchen for anything but making a drink or maybe some toast and coffee because it is VERY small and cramped. The bathroom was tiny, and you had to walk within 2 feet of the bed of the others in the room to acess it. If you wear contacts make sure you pack a mirror that you can use, because all the mirrors are at wierd angles. Make sure that you are traveling with people who you are comfortable with in every sense because there is virtually no privacy in the 2 bedroom suite. The room itself was very noisy--although I understand that the owners could do nothing about that. The horse/mule carriage rides stop at the hotel next door all day, and often urinate while they are waiting to get going again. Therefore, by the end of the day, when you are on the balcony you can smell some really awful smells. The room rate was 300.00 a night with taxes. When we made the reservations they stressed that there are "NO REFUNDS". No doubt.

Room Tip: Rooms at another hotel are recommended
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank Glinda49113
Reviewed September 16, 2011

What a hidden little treasure. Great location too, very close to Bourbon Street.
I stayed in their very smallest room, and as I was warned on the phone, it is quite small.
But it was exactly what I wanted: an affordable room close to Bourbon Street. I was there for the street activities, not the hotel!
The room was clean and the staff was very polite.
I would describe it as a renovated house more than a hotel. But don't let this steer you away.

Room Tip: Check the weather before you go. I double checked with the management, should severe weather occur during your trip, an early departure would not result in a refund. Fair enough, they did offer credit for a future stay, should I decide to exit early. I found that to be fair for circumstances they cannot control.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends