“watch out”

Ranked #48 of 138 New Orleans B&B and Inns
atlanta
“watch out”
Reviewed March 27, 2010

They quote one price and then jack it up on arrival and will only take cash for the upcharges.The staff then goes through your belongings and steals anything of value left in the room. We had some extra cash hidden inside an inside pocket of a travel case which was inside a suitcase under the bed. Guess what all of the money was gone.All I can say is please watch out.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank rsorren
RathboneGM, General Manager at Rathbone Mansions, responded to this review, January 6, 2011
Sorry about your experience from previous management, we have recently changed the entire management team as of October 22, 2010 and have hired all new staff. If you would like to give us another try, I will certainly do something to make up for the past experience. Take care and have a great New Year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Farmington, New Mexico
Reviewed February 25, 2010

It was my very first time in New Orleans. We rented the Mardi Gras Suite and it was a wonderful experience. I loved the patio on the second floor. I watched Esplanade move along. Will come back. definitely will. I love New Orleans!

Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Reviewed December 10, 2009

I've travelled a lot, and I'm used to budget accomodations, but this place was unbelievably disgusting. There are so many observations I could make about the unsanitary and unsafe environs, but let me share just one special gem: When I told the front desk clerk that the blanket in my room was crusted with the jiz of a prior guest, he sarcastically asked me if I was looking for a job because they would love to hire me as a housekeeper. I think that one anecdote pretty much summarizes the level of cleanliness AND customer service. 'nuf said.

Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
4 Thank grannygoesonholiday
Sorry about your past experience, we have recently gone through an entire clean up of both properties and management has changed and all new employees were hired after October 22, 2010. I assure you that if you give us another try, I will do something for you to make up for your past bad experience with Rathbone Mansions. Take care and have a great New Year!
Pike Road, AL
Reviewed August 7, 2009

We enjoyed our stay very much. Look forward to visiting again soon. Thanks!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Alabama
Reviewed August 7, 2009

Me and about ten of my colleagues stayed here for business and we absolutely love the place.. Very well decorated, and the rooms are very large, not what you would expect from the out side..

When you walk in it takes on a whole new feeling.. You almost feel as if you are back in time, not to mention a visit from a friendly ghost encounter, very cool....

The pool was very nice and refreshing.. Location, location, location, close to all that you would want to see.. and yet far enough away not to be bothered from all the busy street noise.. I can’t wait to bring my husband back for a romantic weekend..

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Montgomery AL
Reviewed August 7, 2009

I have been traveling to New Orleans since I was a kids and I have stayed at a lot of different places in the quarter and around New Orleans and the Rathbone is my favorite place to stay.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Montgomery, AL
Reviewed August 6, 2009

I have been to NOLA several times this year and each time stayed at either this Rathbone or Rathbone II. The current owner has lovingly put her time and effort in reviving the Rathbone's historic beauty. She has done a wonderful job and both places are VERY inviting and comfortable. I am looking forward to returning & staying here again!

It personally pains me to see the few negative reviews from the past, but I'd like to assure you that this is NOT the same place that I've been to recently, it is definitely a VAST difference from the image portrayed in the earlier year reviews.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends