“Loved it!”
Review of Rathbone Mansions

Rathbone Mansions
Ranked #29 of 141 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 25, 2010

It was my very first time in New Orleans. We rented the Mardi Gras Suite and it was a wonderful experience. I loved the patio on the second floor. I watched Esplanade move along. Will come back. definitely will. I love New Orleans!

Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 7, 2009

We enjoyed our stay very much. Look forward to visiting again soon. Thanks!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2009

Me and about ten of my colleagues stayed here for business and we absolutely love the place.. Very well decorated, and the rooms are very large, not what you would expect from the out side..

When you walk in it takes on a whole new feeling.. You almost feel as if you are back in time, not to mention a visit from a friendly ghost encounter, very cool....

The pool was very nice and refreshing.. Location, location, location, close to all that you would want to see.. and yet far enough away not to be bothered from all the busy street noise.. I can’t wait to bring my husband back for a romantic weekend..

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2009

I have been traveling to New Orleans since I was a kids and I have stayed at a lot of different places in the quarter and around New Orleans and the Rathbone is my favorite place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2009

I have been to NOLA several times this year and each time stayed at either this Rathbone or Rathbone II. The current owner has lovingly put her time and effort in reviving the Rathbone's historic beauty. She has done a wonderful job and both places are VERY inviting and comfortable. I am looking forward to returning & staying here again!

It personally pains me to see the few negative reviews from the past, but I'd like to assure you that this is NOT the same place that I've been to recently, it is definitely a VAST difference from the image portrayed in the earlier year reviews.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 31, 2009

This is a nice place that is a great value! The management staff was really nice and baked fresh muffins the morning we stayed. It is a cute bead and breakfast but you get what you pay for. IF you are looking for a clean bed with nice management then this is the place for you! Esplanade Avenue is just stunning!

Has a Swimming Pool

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2009

Yes, it is old, but it is oh so nice. Beautifully furnished and cozy. I will stay here time & again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business